As you all know over the past month and a half we have been in the process of moving our office across the hall (and by across the hall, we mean right across the hall. The door from the old office to the new office is 4 feet away) As you have seen, heard and read about over the last couple weeks was this wasn’t just as simple as picking up and moving shit across the hall. This was a major operation, in which along with blood, sweat and tears a good chunk of change and a good amount of time was speant. Here is my original list of things that needed to happen:
- Lay carpet
- Reinstall baseboards and molding around door and windows.
- Insulate wall to right of large door and cover
- Install clothing rack and shelf along front wall
- Cover ceiling with fabric
This is going to be the “easy room” basically what we did to our current area but a bit larger scale with the addition of the ceiling work.
- Tear down existing particle board
- Build out around electrical area and close off (with doors for access)
- Build wall over opened entrance to room
- Drywall entire room, minus right hand wall
- Lay Carpet
This was no small task, especially when you take into consideration the majority of us aren’t the most knowledgeable people when it comes to renovations. Monday, May 11th (The first day we started and where large portion of the new loadingtime footage came from) was the longest day by far. We speant over 14 hours in the office that day, we got a huge amount of work done and I think all of us went home as tired as we had ever been before. After that it was pretty much just “when you can get down to the office for a couple hours, GO” And over the next 2 weeks we all pitched in here and there and got the place looking like a respectable office space. So without further ado, I introduce you to “LRR Moonbase MK II”