Casting Call: ENN’s Crack Investigative Team [CLOSED]
April 30th, 2010

Posted by Jeremy

UPDATE: This casting call is closed. Thanks, everyone, for your submissions :) .

So here’s the story: in a future episode of ENN, we’ll need to call out ENN’s Crack Investigative Team — and just to clarify: we call them this because they are crack-shots at their jobs, not because they are on crack. Unfortunately, we don’t have a crack investigative team here at LoadingReadyRun, so we need you to provide that for us. Also to clarify, you don’t need to be in Victoria because we don’t need you in person, all we need are photographs that you don’t mind us showing to the world (and crediting you for, obviously).

If you are interested, please submit photographs of yourself dressed as an investigator–interpret this as you will: you could be a hard-hitting journalist, a CSI, or a detective in a deer stalker. Frankly, we’re looking for variety, so be creative. We need shots of you in two different poses against the most neutral background you can find: something easy for us to art out.

Please send submissions to [CLOSED] with the subject line “Re: CASTING CALL – INVESTIGATOR”. Make sure you use this subject line or I will be very dissapoint–probably to the point of not using your submission, even if it’s really awesome. Copy and paste it if you have to but make sure it’s accurate.

Thanks for your help! This blog post will self-destruct in 30 seconds … so you know.

Update: I need these by noon on Monday, May 3. This is not a due date, so much as it is the absolute latest that we will be able to incorporate new graphics, so don’t be late.

25 Comments »

1. Are we allowed to send pictures of Bond-era Sean Connery instead?

He’s much more svelte than most of us ever hope to be.

Comment by Chuckles — April 30, 2010 @ 4:13 pm

2. I’m definitely in on this. One question before I get my photos in, though: what kinds of shot do you want? Head and shoulders, portrait-style, or a shot that captures everything from head to toe?

Comment by CounterAttack — April 30, 2010 @ 4:26 pm

3. As per usual, I will do my darnedest.

Comment by Cade Antilles — April 30, 2010 @ 4:29 pm

4. @CounterAttack Waist-up, ideally. with white-space around the top and sides. I’ll post an example here after we do Inside the Moon :) . The ones I’ve received so far are great!

Comment by Jeremy — April 30, 2010 @ 4:47 pm

5. Luckily I was already dressed for this.

Unluckily I don’t have any white backgrounds to use. I have wood. I can try to find a neutral background, but I’m not sure if I will.

Comment by Vigafre — April 30, 2010 @ 4:54 pm

6. alright unforunatley i only have a chocolate coloured sheet
    and i shall do my best !

Comment by dex-dex — April 30, 2010 @ 7:36 pm

7. I would do this but I don’t own a garment that would suit the role.

Comment by wartjr2373 — April 30, 2010 @ 9:17 pm

8. Har har har wart.

Comment by Vigafre — April 30, 2010 @ 10:07 pm

9. Awesome stuff so far, you guys :) !

Comment by Jer — May 1, 2010 @ 12:58 am

10. Ok, working on mine right now. All I need is to get a snazzy film camera and several shiny watches and NO RAIN OUTSIDE AHHHH and I’ll be good.

Comment by Thysane — May 1, 2010 @ 5:28 am

11. Damn, really wish I could. Stupid moving. Ah well, I’ll just have to hope I can suit up next time.

Comment by Master Gunner — May 1, 2010 @ 8:20 am

12. i am totally taking a page out of Brad’s book and using my red fedora.

:D

Comment by WallCat — May 1, 2010 @ 9:37 am

13. Cool, just a few quick questions.
    1. What would you like the tone to be, serious, goofy, a mix?
    2. Are props encouraged?
    3. How old/young do you want the investigator?
    4. Are Camera filters ok?

I know I’m probably getting into to much detail but just want to make sure I do this right.

Comment by Nerion — May 1, 2010 @ 12:02 pm

14. I’ve sent in my submission. It’s not a standard portrait so I hope it’s something that would work. I also hope there’s honorable mentions since I’m curious of what everybody sent in.

Comment by Reid A — May 1, 2010 @ 2:31 pm

15. I’m definitely in on this. However, I didn’t see the comments in time so all my shots are full-body. Crop as needed.

Comment by Evil Jim — May 1, 2010 @ 6:01 pm

16. Nerion, as to your third question, I do hope that you can change your age at will to meet the needs of LRR. However, I suspect you have a small child to decorate? A little kid in a full trenchcoat and fedora in between normal investigators would be so adorable and silly it would make the video not just make it into the video, but make the entire video worth it regardless of its other contents).

Comment by Bluebottle — May 1, 2010 @ 7:35 pm

17. I kind of went the route of Monk Investigator with awsome torch holding ability.

I hope the paint on the robe isn’t too hard to… edit over. Don’t ask how it got there, because I don’t know. Probably painting in my dressing-gown one time :S

Comment by Merrymaker_Mortalis — May 1, 2010 @ 7:39 pm

18. @Neriorn

1. What would you like the tone to be, serious, goofy, a mix?
    • Either is fine

2. Are props encouraged?

3. How old/young do you want the investigator?
    • No violence + child combinations. Otherwise, whatever you like.

4. Are Camera filters ok?
    • The context will involve editing your photo into something that also involves other people’s photos. As a result, we’ll be doing colour correction in post, but I wouldn’t recommend any filtering on your end.

Comment by Jer — May 2, 2010 @ 5:07 pm

19. @Reid

We are going to use as many as humanly possible, though some will be featured more prominently than others :) .

Comment by Jer — May 2, 2010 @ 5:09 pm

20. How bout some stills from CH Investigation? Already done!

Comment by Brad — May 2, 2010 @ 5:13 pm

21. Sub-mer-torged. I went with Escapist I-Team Eastern Investigative Operations journalist. I also went with a sight gag of Spongebob lounge pants.

Comment by Tim K — May 2, 2010 @ 5:25 pm

22. just sent mine in .. . i had trouble finding a neutral background, i hope the one i used isn’t too bad. i tried to set up a white screen but i currently have no place to set it up in the house and outside the slightest wind was knocking it over.

Comment by TImeCruiserMike — May 2, 2010 @ 10:11 pm

23. Re: the example picture. My brain just went “Donut time, donut time.. wait! Why did you buy bagels?”

Comment by Tanatoes — May 2, 2010 @ 10:49 pm

24. I am extremely dubious of the white stuff on your casting couch, Jer.

Comment by Matt — May 3, 2010 @ 12:12 am

25. I have to say I’m kinda excited about this one, so hope I’ll be added there :)

Comment by Birthe — May 3, 2010 @ 4:13 am