LRRcast for Give Girlfriend

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
Graham
Super Moderator

Re: LRRcast for Give Girlfriend

Postby Graham » 09 Aug 2011, 10:16

I'm in England right now and someone was pissing and moaning about how the NHS is horrible, and I was kind of flabbergasted, considering the provided services they were describing in the same breath.

She was also complaining about the national dentistry coverage. I replied, "Oh? You have dentistry coverage? I wish we had that problem."

In Canada we complain about our health coverage, sure, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 09 Aug 2011, 18:13

I was surprised to hear that Canada DOESN'T have dentistry covered. I thought, "What the hell is the point of THAT? That's the first thing I'm gonna do is go back to the dentist if I ever get health insurance."

I didn't see Sicko, and I'm not likely to rectify that for two reasons: First, I have a private rule that, if I see three pictures I hate from the same director, it'll take wild horses to get me to the fourth (See all the Spider-Men movies). Second, medical themes make me queasy very easily (That scene in The Island, a movie I liked, where Michael Clark Duncan is about to get cut open and he jumps up and attacks everyone... that fucked me up).

I know very little about how Health Care works in Canada, and if America figured it out, fabulous. I get to go to the foot doctor and get more feet attached to me. But when everyone was talking about giving everyone health care after the recession, I was like, "Where is this going to come from, pray tell? Weren't we JUST in debt up to your scrotums? Doesn't America have ten times the population of Canada? Are we sure this is going to work?"

I dunno. Michael Moore seems hardly relevant in a world where any jagoff can make a Youtube channel and bitch about the Chinese people stealing their teeth while they're in Odinsleep.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 09 Aug 2011, 18:32

Teeth and eyes aren't covered, but with Medicare handling pretty much everything you'd be in the hospital for, along with GPs, getting insurance for dentistry and optometry isn't that difficult.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
In7el3ct
First Video: Halo: The future of gaming

Postby In7el3ct » 10 Aug 2011, 00:47

Dave-O_Boy wrote:A bit of an idea for the indifferent angel thing.
One could be very aware about the situation but doesn't care and the other could be completely unfocused about what's going on and just fascinated by everything else no matter how mundane.

I'm thinking... indifference and ADD.

Also, for that Trevor guy who's going to Vancouver:

- Here's the night market website. They've moved to Chinatown. I'm definitely going next weekend.
http://www.vcma.shawbiz.ca/home_e.htm

- If it's nice and sunny (which it isn't most of the time, but recently has been pretty nice), check out some of Vancouver's beaches. We have way nicer beaches than I originally thought before I moved back to Van. If you're in to that sort of thing, Wreck Beach, near UBC, is a nudist beach.

- As Kathleen said, Main St. is an amazing place to walk down. I would know, I live on Main. It's awesome. Don't forget to also check out Commercial Drive, which is also amazing, especially north of Broadway.

- The seawall is amazing. I'd suggest renting some bikes and going around the whole thing. Also, Stanley Park is amazing. Gigantic and beautiful. It also has a very nice aquarium.

- On the note of Main St. and the aquarium, I always suggest going to Queen Elizabeth park to check out the gardens and the Bloedel Conservatory. Here's a G+ photo album of my last trip there to show you how awesome it is: https://plus.google.com/#photos/110296609795553778756/albums/5632332580718679009 (Hopefully that link works)

- If you like shopping, there's Metropolis at Metrotown, the 3rd largest shopping mall in Canada and the largest in BC. Right beside it is the Crystal Mall, which is the largest Asian mall in Canada.

- While I tend to find it aimed more at kids, Science World (also known as the Telus Ball of Science) is a must see in many peoples books.

- Kathleen also mentioned, last week, a Mario's Gelati on 1st and Quebec, one block over from Main St. Check that place out. I still haven't gone, but only because I live beside a different gelato store.

If I knew when you were going, I'd give you info on what events would be there, but oh well.

Update: I just went to the Chinatown Night Market. It was awesome. I'd suggest going.
Last edited by In7el3ct on 12 Aug 2011, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 10 Aug 2011, 00:59

... it just occurred to me that Give In clearly takes place in the far far future of DA2.

Because in DA2, the 'Helpful' option is 'blue', the antagonistic option is 'red', and the 'humorous' option is purple. Just like the shoulder angel/devil!

COINCIDENCE?

Yes, it is.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 11 Aug 2011, 10:37

King Kool wrote:I know very little about how Health Care works in Canada, and if America figured it out, fabulous. I get to go to the foot doctor and get more feet attached to me. But when everyone was talking about giving everyone health care after the recession, I was like, "Where is this going to come from, pray tell? Weren't we JUST in debt up to your scrotums? Doesn't America have ten times the population of Canada? Are we sure this is going to work?"

Fun fact; the US government (even pre-Obamacare) spent more per capita on healthcare (like Medicare, Medicaid, Veteran's care, and ERs) than the Canadian government.

Can you afford not to?
dex-dex
First Video: buttstallation
Location: Oakville ON (I need to stop leaving my Oakville on)

Postby dex-dex » 23 Aug 2011, 18:13

Could Kathleen be thinking of Oliver Wood? He is an older griffindor. but no Cedric is a hufflepuff which has been stated.
The thing about being a prostitute and having sex with dead horses made me laugh so hard that I got some weird looks in the Tim Hortons line. really awkward but now I will use that line whenever someone has an issue with being on camera.
physikl
First Video: Unskippable episode of Bionic Comando

Postby physikl » 04 Sep 2011, 19:36

This happens to be the first LRRcast that I have every watched. My name is Jeff. I appreciate you guys waving to me and greeting me to this series!

I'm still laughing.
TrippingBowser
First Video: The Gay Chicken

Postby TrippingBowser » 27 Mar 2012, 22:12

The shoulder angle substitutes should be Optimistic and Pessimistic. So one can tell you to go for it and believe in yourself where the other would say ah skew it whats the point.
YorZephyr
First Video: Bros Clubbing Bros on Escapist

Postby YorZephyr » 01 Apr 2012, 04:29

Just wanted to thank you guys for removing cellphones and laptops from the vidcast. The vidcast seems far more engaging now.
Sorry if you guys get bored during recording but the change is real nice for viewers.
It's not the years, it's the mileage!

Return to “LRRcast”