Site Design- Service or Orrrrrigional?

News and Announcements about LoadingReadyRun
SemiInfJest
First Video: Annette: Internet Receptionist
Location: California, Land of Sun, Surf, aaaaaaand Proposition 8. Yeah...

Site Design- Service or Orrrrrigional?

Postby SemiInfJest » 18 Jan 2012, 14:42

Howdy LRRers! Long time fan, first time Communitizer! I myself am trying to create a sort of silly video/flash mob-y/creatively strange but remarkably impressive site-group-thing, for m'High School, get us out in the community, all that good stuff.
I was curious; I'm a big fan of the setup of LRR's site, the videos displayed nicely on the front page, the blog-style bit underneath, so on, and was wondering, for those who know (my, awful lot of parentheticals in this thing, eh?), was this made via a service of some sort (Wordpress and the various Wordpressish facsimiles,) or did they make it up all on their lonesome? Tips for how to make well a similarly-formatted site design?

Not trying to rip off their thang, just mainly looking for some tips, hints, pointers, nudges, intonations, reclamations, resuscitations, inundations- I think I've wandered a bit here.
Anyways.
Thanks Folks!

~SemiInfJest
www.semiinfinitejest.com (Notthe website in question, just m'personal one, and rather under construction at the moment at that. Anyways.)
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Re: Site Design- Service or Orrrrrigional?

Postby Paul » 18 Jan 2012, 15:03

Hey SemilnfJest,

Loadingreadyrun.com is a custom design made my myself. The majority of the site (videos, podcasts, etc) is a CodeIgnitor app built from scratch to meet our particular needs (most off-the-shelf systems couldn't handle the volume and didn't have the customizibility that we needed). The blog is handled by Wordpress with some tweaks to play nice with CodeIgnitor, and the forum is phpBB with a custom theme. The store used to be something I built from scratch, but we outgrew that and are now using bigcommerce.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Paul
iSven
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Re: Site Design- Service or Orrrrrigional?

Postby iSven » 16 Jun 2012, 12:05

what plugin do you use for the videolist site?

http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/archive

If you did it your self could you publish it?

Return to “Site News”