Four-oh-Fantastic

News and Announcements about LoadingReadyRun
Woland

Four-oh-Fantastic

Postby Woland » 14 Mar 2012, 18:11

Dear Paul,

I am currently not writing a midterm paper for my Energy and Utility Law Class. My son is snoozing behind me while my wife sleeps upstairs (little fella has been teething, and we haven't been sleeping through it very well for the past several nights, so I offered to keep him downstairs while I pretended to work). The dogs are sleeping in on the couch, nose to butt. It was in all this picturesque quiet that I realized something; Loading Ready Run doesn't have a funny 404 page. Actually, I had never seen your 404 page because I have never been unable to find something on your site (which, I suppose, is actually a compliment) so when I looked it up I found that I was right and that it was boring.

So, you should change it.

I think 404 pages are under-used. They have been used humorously in the past, such as on the now-defunct HomestarRunner, or by presidential-hopeful pizza-god Herman Cain, but I think they could be so much more. I don't know what, exactly, but I'm tired and think other people should do my thinking for me.

How about...fan art? You could use your 404 page as a place to host forum-generated LRR praise. Or table-captures of seriously devastating MTG hands. Or cat pictures - those seem popular.

I'm sure you will come up with something creative and appropriate. You always seem to find a way.

Sincerely,
Woland

Return to “Site News”