Magic Board

News and Announcements about LoadingReadyRun
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Magic Board

Postby Elomin Sha » 03 Apr 2012, 04:46

Due to the amount of MtG threads popping up in Games and Gaming do you think MtG should have its own board?
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Re: Magic Board

Postby Yaxley » 03 Apr 2012, 05:34

Aw, I was hoping this was going to be about a plank of wood that grants wishes.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 03 Apr 2012, 06:52

It is. The wish is for a Magic board :D
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Under_Score
First Video: Unskippable Pilot

Postby Under_Score » 03 Apr 2012, 07:49

It would make sense. Even though most of the boards on here are about LRR video series, they could have a board for their twitch.tv streams and MtGO Academy videos and make it open for general MtG discussion.
-Under Underscore Score (or just Underscore for short)
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 03 Apr 2012, 08:25

No. It's not even so much that people are talking about MtG, as they aren't talking about other games. It's not like the other threads are getting drowned out, people are just more interested in MtG right now, and that's fine.

I'm generally against fracturing the forum wherever possible anyways. And I hate MtG.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 03 Apr 2012, 08:42

I agree with Met here. There have been a couple of new threads in the last few days, but really they weren't anything that couldn't be in the main MtG thread.

That said, Under_Score's idea also has merit. If there was to be a board for linking the drafts and such, then Magic related discussion could be moved there. The biggest problem I can foresee with that idea is that it would be a different kind of board than the rest of the forum has. Right now we have two very general forums, two somewhat general and rarely used ones, and a whole bunch that are specific to a series. Having one that is a mixture of video threads and user created threads would be like opening up the ENN/Checkpoint sections to threads about gaming news.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 03 Apr 2012, 08:53

Personally, I think we need an MtG board about as much as we need a Relationships and Sexuality board. Yes, they are popular topics on the forum, and if given such a board, we would probably fill it up. However, how much actual benefit do we get from that over the existing set of threads which already cover most of the relevant topics. So I don't see any need to fracture the forums any more. Magic topics are still a far cry from overwhelming the gaming board, so there's no real point.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 03 Apr 2012, 10:04

when I asked about this for the LRR cast I asked if there could be a video thread created for the drafts. Much like there is for checkpoint, LRR videos...

A title like MTGO Drafts with only the mods creating threads, then drop in one two or three a week with March 30th Secret Draft, and mtgoacademy April 4th.

I think discussions about MTG should stay in the games area.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 03 Apr 2012, 13:35

I think it's pretty okay how it is. I'm with met, I'm against fracturing the forums too much.
ecks
First Video: The one where I can't remember

Postby ecks » 03 Apr 2012, 14:00

For some reason I want to see a Magic the Scattering now. But maybe that's just a table flip, outside, on a windy day.

Return to “Site News”