LRR Panel - PAX Prime 2015

For videos that aren't... y'know... "real". Whatever Thing, Phailhaüs, etc.
Graham
Super Moderator

LRR Panel - PAX Prime 2015

Postby Graham » 07 Sep 2015, 21:48

The LRR Panel from PAX Prime 2015, announcing Qwerpline, Sick Rips, and writing a Crapshot together!
7SecondsLeft
First Video: Checkpoint on PATV

Re: LRR Panel - PAX Prime 2015

Postby 7SecondsLeft » 08 Sep 2015, 02:42

That was great fun to watch, thanks for recording and uploading it! :D
It's amazing to see how quickly the crapshots can come together just from a single idea.

Can I add my name to the (probably short) list of people who like the blog posts, please? I can see that just listing all the videos that came out that week is a lot of effort for not much gain, but is there mileage in making it more like a real blog, i.e. "here's some fun stuff that happened to one or more of us this week", like throwaway bits that in theory could go in a Loading Time but is better as a few sentences instead of 5 minutes of video or a 140 character tweet?
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 08 Sep 2015, 07:25

From the perspective of someone new to the site, I would think a recent blog post of all the different things you do would help convince them to stick around.

Right now you have a lot of content you're throwing at people on the main page, but it's largely meaningless to someone who doesn't already know what "crapshots" are. A recent blog post would help get new or infrequent visitors up to speed.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
The Martini
First Video: Installing Linux

Postby The Martini » 08 Sep 2015, 09:16

Awesome - loved the group-writing of the Crapshot especially.

Related: did your ConBravo panel get recorded? Would be interested to see that too!
Gin. Vermouth. Olives.
beowuuf
First Video: Can't remember! Binged them all so fast!

Postby beowuuf » 08 Sep 2015, 10:56

I think the blog is maybe a good place to summarise some of the twitch stuff coming up or uploaded to the live youtube account. I think despite the live schedule, twitter, twitch chat, forums, etc, some people still miss stuff coming up, and the blog is perhaps a good place to catch them.

Plus it's just a nice safety blanket to see the blog update and know things are always happening :)
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 08 Sep 2015, 12:11

I miss the humorous alt text in the video thumbnails.

To fill in on the story of the ministers at Desert Bus 8, when the ministers were being given a tour of Fort Tectoria (the VIATeC building) by one of the VIATeC staff, they stopped by the basement kitchen where we had a TV showing the stream set up. As a site volunteer, I was cleaning the kitchen, staying out of the way of the party. They watched the stream for a few minutes and VIATeC person explained what was going on. I believe I may have answered a few of the ministers' questions. It would be fair to say that the ministers had a rough idea what they were getting into when then went into the Lunar Module.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Robo4900 » 09 Sep 2015, 03:15

Graham mentioned that some people have those old ISC videos; if this is true, can someone link me to these?

(BTW, great panel! The Crapshot writing was amazing)
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Return to “Bonus Video”