Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
User avatar
Ollie, don'tcha know!
Posts: 395
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 09:59
First Video: Bagel Time
Location: Where the wild things are

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby Ollie, don'tcha know! » 19 Apr 2011, 03:27

I would, but the DSi doesn't support whatever super-mega-secure internet signal my paranoid dad's got running in the hous. Also, I'm not really a fan of Pokemon multiplayer. I tend to die. Very quickly.
I think this place is full of spies. I think they're onto me.
User avatar
Kyogissun
Posts: 378
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 20:08
First Video: Three PS3's or one of the X ways to Y

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby Kyogissun » 21 Apr 2011, 07:38

A Diglett visited my garden in the Dream World today.

I've got 3 plots to plant seeds on now instead of just 2. :D

Anyone else had this happen already?
Currently Playing: Skyrim (Dawnguard), Bunch of Shit on Steam (Blame the Summer Sale), Tales of Graces f
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Torchlight II

I attend (almost) every FNM at Millenium Games in Henrietta.

Steam: OhYouFoal
XBL GT: Kyogissun
DJScythe15
Posts: 303
Joined: 17 Mar 2008, 17:58
First Video: Rejected Wii Play Games

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby DJScythe15 » 21 Apr 2011, 09:31

Kyogissun wrote:A Diglett visited my garden in the Dream World today.

I've got 3 plots to plant seeds on now instead of just 2. :D

Anyone else had this happen already?


Yeah, I've had the Diglett dig out a third row a day or two ago; it seems to be tied to your dream point total, as seen on your profile. Although it still isn't clear the exact amounts gained, you can gain points by logging in, visiting other players' islands, trading items using a share shelf, and watering another players berry plants. Obtaining more dream points unlocks things like the third and fourth row of the garden, new areas with other items and Pokemon on the Island of Dreams, additional items and Pokemon in those areas, and (I think) more decorations to order in the dream catalog.
I tend to be overly apologetic. Sorry about that.

Game Info:
Steam: djscythe15
Pokemon White: DJScy / FC:0690-4616-8450
User avatar
vxicepickxv
Posts: 162
Joined: 07 Jan 2011, 23:26
First Video: The Job
Location: Orange Park, FL

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby vxicepickxv » 22 Apr 2011, 00:37

Kyogissun wrote:A Diglett visited my garden in the Dream World today.

I've got 3 plots to plant seeds on now instead of just 2. :D

Anyone else had this happen already?

That just happened to me Yesterday.

Just to let everybody know, I hadn't played since Blue. I went and picked up Pearl to see what it was all about, and didn't enjoy it. All of my friends were talking about how much better Black and White seem to be, and about a week later, I finished the main game.

I went back and picked up a used copy of HeartGold and I got pretty well hooked up. 164 hours played(I added 3), I ended up with 5 legendaries, a pair of Eevees(but they were both male). I just got a Ditto, so I'm on my way to grinding out some Eevee eggs. At the rate things are going, I'll probably have a full Pokedex from trades(and maybe tradebacks) by the end of May.
Friend:Umm, I saw a cat and started clicking...
Me:You have made an accurate summary of the internet.
User avatar
Kyogissun
Posts: 378
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 20:08
First Video: Three PS3's or one of the X ways to Y

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby Kyogissun » 22 Apr 2011, 18:26

DJScythe15 wrote:
Kyogissun wrote:A Diglett visited my garden in the Dream World today.

I've got 3 plots to plant seeds on now instead of just 2. :D

Anyone else had this happen already?


Yeah, I've had the Diglett dig out a third row a day or two ago; it seems to be tied to your dream point total, as seen on your profile. Although it still isn't clear the exact amounts gained, you can gain points by logging in, visiting other players' islands, trading items using a share shelf, and watering another players berry plants. Obtaining more dream points unlocks things like the third and fourth row of the garden, new areas with other items and Pokemon on the Island of Dreams, additional items and Pokemon in those areas, and (I think) more decorations to order in the dream catalog.


I still can't visit my friend for some reason, everytime I check it, neither you or Kris or anyone shows up on other islands. How do I get it to work?

vxicepickxv wrote:
Kyogissun wrote:A Diglett visited my garden in the Dream World today.

I've got 3 plots to plant seeds on now instead of just 2. :D

Anyone else had this happen already?

That just happened to me Yesterday.

Just to let everybody know, I hadn't played since Blue. I went and picked up Pearl to see what it was all about, and didn't enjoy it. All of my friends were talking about how much better Black and White seem to be, and about a week later, I finished the main game.

I went back and picked up a used copy of HeartGold and I got pretty well hooked up. 164 hours played(I added 3), I ended up with 5 legendaries, a pair of Eevees(but they were both male). I just got a Ditto, so I'm on my way to grinding out some Eevee eggs. At the rate things are going, I'll probably have a full Pokedex from trades(and maybe tradebacks) by the end of May.


If you hatch any eevees to give away, please let me know, I'm trying to acquire a female one to evolve into Glaceon to replace one I used to have. It was one beast of a pokemon too, it's STAB made it stomp out dragon types pretty easily, I KO'd about 4 or 5 of Lance's team in HG because of its ice beam.

I really want to restore that heavy hitter to my team. @[email protected]

EDIT: Good fucking god, apparently for the sake of 'keeping the kiddies' safe, the Pokemon Trainer Club accounts set the Dream Pal and GBU friend listing set to 'nobody' by default.

Everyone on here who's posted their FC's for the game, please change your setting to allow 'everyone' to see and add you as a dream pal, because even if we've added each other as friends, it doesn't detect if you have it set only to 'friends' at the moment. So go ahead with that, otherwise we'll never be able to visit each other and farm those glorious points we need to make progress in the DW.

And in case it hasn't been clear, I'm a little hellbent on making the best use of the dream world as I can. It's the kind of 'meta-gaming' tool I absolutely 'love'.
Currently Playing: Skyrim (Dawnguard), Bunch of Shit on Steam (Blame the Summer Sale), Tales of Graces f
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Torchlight II

I attend (almost) every FNM at Millenium Games in Henrietta.

Steam: OhYouFoal
XBL GT: Kyogissun
DJScythe15
Posts: 303
Joined: 17 Mar 2008, 17:58
First Video: Rejected Wii Play Games

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby DJScythe15 » 22 Apr 2011, 18:59

Kyogissun wrote:
DJScythe15 wrote:
Kyogissun wrote:A Diglett visited my garden in the Dream World today.

I've got 3 plots to plant seeds on now instead of just 2. :D

Anyone else had this happen already?


Yeah, I've had the Diglett dig out a third row a day or two ago; it seems to be tied to your dream point total, as seen on your profile. Although it still isn't clear the exact amounts gained, you can gain points by logging in, visiting other players' islands, trading items using a share shelf, and watering another players berry plants. Obtaining more dream points unlocks things like the third and fourth row of the garden, new areas with other items and Pokemon on the Island of Dreams, additional items and Pokemon in those areas, and (I think) more decorations to order in the dream catalog.


I still can't visit my friend for some reason, everytime I check it, neither you or Kris or anyone shows up on other islands. How do I get it to work?


Bad news: after opening a ticket with support, it looks like friends don't work like that for the dream world. Friend code and trade based friends currently have no link to "Dream Pals"; Dream Pals can only be made by visiting a stranger's island (as seen on your Dream Pal map) and request friendship from the island. There is no way to seek out a particular person for being Dream Pals as of yet. It sounds like it might be something they're looking into, but nothing solid so far.

Here's the response I got on that ticket:
Dear **********,

A solution for your issue has been suggested.



Hello Trainer!



We see that you have some questions regarding Dream Pals vs. Game Pals.



Dream Pals are people you can meet and communicate with in the Pokémon Dream World and only the Dream World.



At this time, there is no available search function for find Game Pals in the Dream World. However, we know this is a popular request and we have reviewed and recorded each one to pass along! Keep in mind, though, multiple requests will not help expedite these requests, but your enthusiasm is appreciated.



When you visit your Dream World Map, you will see your current Dream Pals as well as a possible random Dream Pal house to visit.



To make Dream Pals, your privacy setting needs to be set to "Everyone." Please ensure this is set appropriately by visiting Pokemon.com for your Pokémon Trainer Club account, and click the "Edit Profile" tab.



We hope this clears up your questions! If you have any other questions or comments regarding this inquiry, please feel free to update this ticket.



Thank you for your support during this exciting time at Pokemon!



Sincerely,

Pokemon Support Team
I tend to be overly apologetic. Sorry about that.

Game Info:
Steam: djscythe15
Pokemon White: DJScy / FC:0690-4616-8450
User avatar
Kyogissun
Posts: 378
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 20:08
First Video: Three PS3's or one of the X ways to Y

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby Kyogissun » 23 Apr 2011, 17:24

So, on topic of pokemon but off topic to Black and White, I tried out the new Pokemon TCG Trainer Challenge game and I'm pretty pleased with it. I just hope that they launch that deck builder and multiplayer soon, because then I'll actually consider getting invested in it fully.

Since there aren't any local magic groups and DotPW doesn't help me grasp the more diverse rules associated with MtG, I figure this is a decent alternative for now, as the game itself pretty much is a less difficult version of MtG.

Still, it's a lot of fun and I've enjoyed what I've played so far.
Currently Playing: Skyrim (Dawnguard), Bunch of Shit on Steam (Blame the Summer Sale), Tales of Graces f
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Torchlight II

I attend (almost) every FNM at Millenium Games in Henrietta.

Steam: OhYouFoal
XBL GT: Kyogissun
User avatar
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
Posts: 4371
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 07:41
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby AlexanderDitto » 24 Apr 2011, 04:56

Holy crap I keep forgetting this thread is here! AUGH. GAMES AND GAMING FORUM GET INSIDE MY BRAIN

DJScythe15 wrote:
Kyogissun wrote:A Diglett visited my garden in the Dream World today.

I've got 3 plots to plant seeds on now instead of just 2. :D

Anyone else had this happen already?


Yeah, I've had the Diglett dig out a third row a day or two ago; it seems to be tied to your dream point total, as seen on your profile. Although it still isn't clear the exact amounts gained, you can gain points by logging in, visiting other players' islands, trading items using a share shelf, and watering another players berry plants. Obtaining more dream points unlocks things like the third and fourth row of the garden, new areas with other items and Pokemon on the Island of Dreams, additional items and Pokemon in those areas, and (I think) more decorations to order in the dream catalog.


Diglett digs the third row around 800 points. I just cleared 2000 points yesterday, and got my fourth row, so it's probably something like 1900 or 2000 points for the next row. NEED MORE PLOTS. GOTTA PLANT BERRIES.

DJScythe15 wrote:Bad news: after opening a ticket with support, it looks like friends don't work like that for the dream world. Friend code and trade based friends currently have no link to "Dream Pals"; Dream Pals can only be made by visiting a stranger's island (as seen on your Dream Pal map) and request friendship from the island. There is no way to seek out a particular person for being Dream Pals as of yet. It sounds like it might be something they're looking into, but nothing solid so far.


I'm guessing it will be implemented eventually. There seems to be a tab on your profile that is supposed to be populated with friends you've exchanged friend codes with, imported from the game (the orange tab) but I don't think it's working yet. I can't imagine they won't eventually add that feature.

Kyogissun wrote:So, on topic of pokemon but off topic to Black and White, I tried out the new Pokemon TCG Trainer Challenge game and I'm pretty pleased with it. I just hope that they launch that deck builder and multiplayer soon, because then I'll actually consider getting invested in it fully.

Since there aren't any local magic groups and DotPW doesn't help me grasp the more diverse rules associated with MtG, I figure this is a decent alternative for now, as the game itself pretty much is a less difficult version of MtG.

Still, it's a lot of fun and I've enjoyed what I've played so far.


I really, really wish this had come out years ago, when I was still engrossed in the TCG. I had tons of cards and dreamed of a system like this... now I stay well away from TCGs because I know how much of a money sink they can be, and even though this is free, I just don't have the heart anymore after sinking so much time into the game when I was younger.

Kyogissun wrote:And in case it hasn't been clear, I'm a little hellbent on making the best use of the dream world as I can. It's the kind of 'meta-gaming' tool I absolutely 'love'.


Ditto. I love growing berries, and I missed Secret Bases so much from the old games. Houses are a pretty good substitute, though it'll be better once they add more items to the catalog.

Still wish the in-game-world secret bases from Ruby/Sapphire or the underground from Diamond/Pearl existed in the new games, though...
User avatar
Kyogissun
Posts: 378
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 20:08
First Video: Three PS3's or one of the X ways to Y

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby Kyogissun » 24 Apr 2011, 14:06

AlexanderDitto wrote:
Kyogissun wrote:So, on topic of pokemon but off topic to Black and White, I tried out the new Pokemon TCG Trainer Challenge game and I'm pretty pleased with it. I just hope that they launch that deck builder and multiplayer soon, because then I'll actually consider getting invested in it fully.

Since there aren't any local magic groups and DotPW doesn't help me grasp the more diverse rules associated with MtG, I figure this is a decent alternative for now, as the game itself pretty much is a less difficult version of MtG.

Still, it's a lot of fun and I've enjoyed what I've played so far.


I really, really wish this had come out years ago, when I was still engrossed in the TCG. I had tons of cards and dreamed of a system like this... now I stay well away from TCGs because I know how much of a money sink they can be, and even though this is free, I just don't have the heart anymore after sinking so much time into the game when I was younger.


I caved pretty fucking quick man, went out and bought the Blue Assault and Red Frenzy decks today, next paycheck I'm buying the Green Tornado deck and probably 2/3 boosters.

I don't mind restarting my collection really, I've been having a total blast with the online game. Shitton of fun and I know you'd hate to get invested...

But come on man. SOMEONE ELSE GET HOOKED ON THIS WITH ME. D<
Currently Playing: Skyrim (Dawnguard), Bunch of Shit on Steam (Blame the Summer Sale), Tales of Graces f
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Torchlight II

I attend (almost) every FNM at Millenium Games in Henrietta.

Steam: OhYouFoal
XBL GT: Kyogissun
DJScythe15
Posts: 303
Joined: 17 Mar 2008, 17:58
First Video: Rejected Wii Play Games

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby DJScythe15 » 24 Apr 2011, 16:53

Kyogissun wrote:I caved pretty fucking quick man, went out and bought the Blue Assault and Red Frenzy decks today, next paycheck I'm buying the Green Tornado deck and probably 2/3 boosters.

I don't mind restarting my collection really, I've been having a total blast with the online game. Shitton of fun and I know you'd hate to get invested...

But come on man. SOMEONE ELSE GET HOOKED ON THIS WITH ME. D<


Sorry, no can do man; I can only handle one TCG financially at a time, and right now I'm dipping my toes into MtG. That being said, I used to play and still have my old cards. Look upon the crown jewel of my collection and DESPAIR!
Image
FIRST EDITION BASE SET CHARIZARD!!! (Back in my days in the game, this was thought to be "the" most valued card, at least in my circle.)

EDIT: Picture fixed.
I tend to be overly apologetic. Sorry about that.

Game Info:
Steam: djscythe15
Pokemon White: DJScy / FC:0690-4616-8450
User avatar
the amativeness
Posts: 3735
Joined: 31 Jul 2008, 19:53
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby the amativeness » 24 Apr 2011, 19:18

DJScythe15 wrote:FIRST EDITION BASE SET CHARIZARD!!! (Back in my days in the game, this was thought to be "the" most valued card, at least in EVERYONE'S circle.)


Fixed. It was, is, and always will be THE card to have.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
User avatar
Kyogissun
Posts: 378
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 20:08
First Video: Three PS3's or one of the X ways to Y

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby Kyogissun » 24 Apr 2011, 20:55

Five battles away from completing the Gold league for the TCGO... I refuse to change the difficulty too, that 'dynamic' difficulty gives it a fair bit of challenge.

And since I'm moving soon, it'll be an opportune time to dig up all my old cards and begin locating a suitable case for them...

Did my Dream World work for the day, got a bunch of new berries I'll plant sometime tuesday and I also bought some new furniture for my house. Also just checked and I've hit 1650 Dream Points, so hopefully a nice surprise should greet me next time I take a trip to the dream world.

But for now, my gaming is done... And then I've gotta spend the entire day cleaning. ~_~

At least I'm only working wednesday to friday, so I can look forward to having the 'whole' saturday/sunday weekend off. For now, until I go to bed, grinding away on black and white.
Currently Playing: Skyrim (Dawnguard), Bunch of Shit on Steam (Blame the Summer Sale), Tales of Graces f
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Torchlight II

I attend (almost) every FNM at Millenium Games in Henrietta.

Steam: OhYouFoal
XBL GT: Kyogissun
User avatar
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
Posts: 4371
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 07:41
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby AlexanderDitto » 25 Apr 2011, 14:50

As of today (just finished my daily visit) I'm at 3200. Sometime before I hit that amount, the second Dream World area opened up. Got a female pidgey with Steel Wing! :D

I've got a shittonne of different types of berries, I just need more plots so I can farm them into a vast berry empire! D: Not having enough plots drives me crazy. I wonder if the next one will appear at around 4000? Or 5000? At least I'm pretty consistently scoring 500+ points, so it won't take too long.
DJScythe15
Posts: 303
Joined: 17 Mar 2008, 17:58
First Video: Rejected Wii Play Games

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby DJScythe15 » 25 Apr 2011, 15:50

AlexanderDitto wrote:I've got a shittonne of different types of berries, I just need more plots so I can farm them into a vast berry empire! D: Not having enough plots drives me crazy. I wonder if the next one will appear at around 4000? Or 5000? At least I'm pretty consistently scoring 500+ points, so it won't take too long.


As far as I know, from sites like Bulbapedia and forums, only four rows of berries can be obtained at maximum. T_T

As for me, I'm at 2940 points and have yet to log in today. My big goal is capturing females so I can breed Pokemon with the secret abilities for potential combos. The best I've found so far was the alternate ability Nidoran(F), letting me work on breeding Sheer Force versions of Nidoking/queen. As soon as a female Contrary Snivy comes out, I'm mass breeding those babies.

Also, I just checked the Global Link site, and I swore I saw a notice about a new Munna skin being available for the C-Gear, but was perplexed when the post (under the Information heading) was gone after I checked my profile.

EDIT: Update on the C-Gear skin: Serebii.net reports that it will soon be available, but only with a code included in the second part of the BW strategy guide. (Presumably, each guide has a unique code, so a purchasing a guide is needed to get the skin. Not worth it in my opinion.)
I tend to be overly apologetic. Sorry about that.

Game Info:
Steam: djscythe15
Pokemon White: DJScy / FC:0690-4616-8450
User avatar
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
Posts: 4371
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 07:41
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby AlexanderDitto » 26 Apr 2011, 05:49

DJScythe15 wrote:
AlexanderDitto wrote:I've got a shittonne of different types of berries, I just need more plots so I can farm them into a vast berry empire! D: Not having enough plots drives me crazy. I wonder if the next one will appear at around 4000? Or 5000? At least I'm pretty consistently scoring 500+ points, so it won't take too long.


As far as I know, from sites like Bulbapedia and forums, only four rows of berries can be obtained at maximum. T_T

As for me, I'm at 2940 points and have yet to log in today. My big goal is capturing females so I can breed Pokemon with the secret abilities for potential combos. The best I've found so far was the alternate ability Nidoran(F), letting me work on breeding Sheer Force versions of Nidoking/queen. As soon as a female Contrary Snivy comes out, I'm mass breeding those babies.

Also, I just checked the Global Link site, and I swore I saw a notice about a new Munna skin being available for the C-Gear, but was perplexed when the post (under the Information heading) was gone after I checked my profile.

EDIT: Update on the C-Gear skin: Serebii.net reports that it will soon be available, but only with a code included in the second part of the BW strategy guide. (Presumably, each guide has a unique code, so a purchasing a guide is needed to get the skin. Not worth it in my opinion.)


Hm. Well, some of my Japanese neighbors in the dream world have more than four rows, so unless they've just not implemented it in the US, I find that highly suspect. Bulbapedia hasn't been too good with Dream World news updates anyway... last I checked they don't have the points values for new rows up.

Augh, I'm kind of pissed. The Dream World is down for maintenance on Tuesdays, and I forgot to wake up my Zebistrika after playing yesterday. He's one of my mains! I need him! D:<

Fired up Gold last night because my Pokewalker had 9999W on it and it wouldn't gain anymore, so I thought I'd transfer them over. I've still got so much to do in that game! I went through Mt. Silver, but I'm no where near strong enough to beat Red... still got to get all the gym leaders' phone numbers and beat the Elite Four a second time and AUGH.

I'm still not sure if I want to transfer pokemon from HG to White. I feel kind of awful leaving a game completely devoid of the team that I trained on it... I wish there were a way to trade them back later if I wanted to. :(
DJScythe15
Posts: 303
Joined: 17 Mar 2008, 17:58
First Video: Rejected Wii Play Games

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby DJScythe15 » 26 Apr 2011, 07:55

AlexanderDitto wrote:Hm. Well, some of my Japanese neighbors in the dream world have more than four rows, so unless they've just not implemented it in the US, I find that highly suspect. Bulbapedia hasn't been too good with Dream World news updates anyway... last I checked they don't have the points values for new rows up.

Augh, I'm kind of pissed. The Dream World is down for maintenance on Tuesdays, and I forgot to wake up my Zebistrika after playing yesterday. He's one of my mains! I need him! D:<

Fired up Gold last night because my Pokewalker had 9999W on it and it wouldn't gain anymore, so I thought I'd transfer them over. I've still got so much to do in that game! I went through Mt. Silver, but I'm no where near strong enough to beat Red... still got to get all the gym leaders' phone numbers and beat the Elite Four a second time and AUGH.

I'm still not sure if I want to transfer pokemon from HG to White. I feel kind of awful leaving a game completely devoid of the team that I trained on it... I wish there were a way to trade them back later if I wanted to. :(


Really? Hm, I hadn't seen that yet. Maybe it was added with the April re-launch; it sounds like a few changes were made at the time and are slowly trickling into various guides and forums.

As for maintenance day, sorry you find yourself down a team member. I'm hesitant to tuck in any of main team for that very reason.

Dang, I have a lot to finish up in Soul Silver as well! I'm tempted to go back, but I feel like I've settled too much into White now. Nonetheless, I also didn't send over my original gen IV team to White, but instead sent offspring of my old team.
I tend to be overly apologetic. Sorry about that.

Game Info:
Steam: djscythe15
Pokemon White: DJScy / FC:0690-4616-8450
User avatar
Kyogissun
Posts: 378
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 20:08
First Video: Three PS3's or one of the X ways to Y

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby Kyogissun » 29 Apr 2011, 17:26

Bought my first Booster Tin for the TCG today. Settled on Zekrom because I figured it would be a good addition to my electric/water deck.

...On the fifth card of my first booster, I pull a flipped variation of Zekrom. Un-fucking-believable IMHO.

The remaining ones? I pulled the four following foil cards:
Duosis
Pansage
Super Scoop Up
Serperior

Awesomely enough, in 2 boosters I pulled a Snivy and in one of the same boosters I pulled a Servine. At least now my planned Grass deck will have a nice punch.

Other worthwhile pulls include a Dewott variation that has 10 less HP but has Aqua Tail instead of Water Gun and Razor Shell.

Pretty good first set IMHO. Planning to buy the Reshiram Tin on my next purchase, wonder if I'll get that lucky again.

Overall, I really didn't expect that awesome of a find in my first booster. To pull a legendary on my FIRST pack in, god what must be THIRTEEN YEARS since playing the Pokemon TCG, it 'almost' feels like a sign. XD

Also, to add, using the cards from the boosters I bought and some old cards I dug up amidst cleaning over the weekend, I put together what I'm calling the 'Terra Punch' Deck, which is a Grass/Fighting type deck. I've still got a bunch of leftovers from the boosters, but one's a dark and another's a steel type, BOTH which I lack energy cards for.

You know, if anyone 'does' have any cards they don't want anymore, please let me know. I'd gladly take them off your hands and pay shipping fees and such.

You know, 'after' I move at the end of may and figure out where I'll be living. XD
Currently Playing: Skyrim (Dawnguard), Bunch of Shit on Steam (Blame the Summer Sale), Tales of Graces f
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Torchlight II

I attend (almost) every FNM at Millenium Games in Henrietta.

Steam: OhYouFoal
XBL GT: Kyogissun
User avatar
Drinnik
Posts: 1976
Joined: 25 Jul 2010, 15:15
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v
Location: Colchester, UK

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby Drinnik » 04 May 2011, 16:29

My friend said today that Wobblebuffet is the only non-legendary banned from tournaments. Does anyone know why?
dackwards d wrote:You'd think that anyone in the sciences would at least be open to experimentation.


Image
Image

Image
DJScythe15
Posts: 303
Joined: 17 Mar 2008, 17:58
First Video: Rejected Wii Play Games

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby DJScythe15 » 04 May 2011, 20:47

Drinnik wrote:My friend said today that Wobblebuffet is the only non-legendary banned from tournaments. Does anyone know why?


Shadow Tag + Counter + Mirror Coat can deal with Physical/Special sweepers like they're nothing, especially with Focus Sash. Once he's near dead, Destiny Bond can take an enemy with him.
I tend to be overly apologetic. Sorry about that.

Game Info:
Steam: djscythe15
Pokemon White: DJScy / FC:0690-4616-8450
User avatar
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
Posts: 4371
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 07:41
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby AlexanderDitto » 05 May 2011, 12:00

Yeah. One Wobbuffet (Wobble Buffet?) can take out between half of and a whole team, on its own. Also, it's really annoying to play against. Damn thing just sits there and counters, forever.

Three Wobbuffets would make an unbeatable team.

Uh oh. Anybody else getting... kind of bored with the Dream World? I'm just amassing berries and I hate spending them... for some reason, I don't found furniture as charming as the old Secret Base furniture, and I have mastered the games....
User avatar
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
Posts: 9010
Joined: 13 Mar 2007, 19:20
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: Stroudsburg, PA
Contact:

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby tak197 » 06 May 2011, 20:46

So I am in Desert Resort, specifically in Relic Castle. I have beaten the psychics and scientists in the castle, and when I go to go down the stairs, the construction guy says "give me a few minutes, I have to make sure it's all cleared out". I've gone through this section about four times, and I can't get past this guy. What do I do?
Image
Image
User avatar
Ollie, don'tcha know!
Posts: 395
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 09:59
First Video: Bagel Time
Location: Where the wild things are

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby Ollie, don'tcha know! » 07 May 2011, 05:37

That bit comes back later in the game. You're not meant to get through until you've got six or seven badges, I think.
I think this place is full of spies. I think they're onto me.
User avatar
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
Posts: 9010
Joined: 13 Mar 2007, 19:20
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: Stroudsburg, PA
Contact:

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby tak197 » 07 May 2011, 14:13

Oooooh okay. So for now, I'm done and should move on to leveling up my Pokemon for the next gym badge?
Image
Image
DJScythe15
Posts: 303
Joined: 17 Mar 2008, 17:58
First Video: Rejected Wii Play Games

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby DJScythe15 » 07 May 2011, 15:03

tak197 wrote:Oooooh okay. So for now, I'm done and should move on to leveling up my Pokemon for the next gym badge?


Yep, head along to Nimbasa for the next gym, a bicycle, more story, and *cough*Pokemon Musicals*cough*.

AlexanderDitto wrote:Uh oh. Anybody else getting... kind of bored with the Dream World? I'm just amassing berries and I hate spending them... for some reason, I don't found furniture as charming as the old Secret Base furniture, and I have mastered the games....


A little bit, actually. I'm at 4500 Dream Points, but I'm a little bored with it. I no longer feel like I must log in every day, but am fine with just every other day when I have time.
I tend to be overly apologetic. Sorry about that.

Game Info:
Steam: djscythe15
Pokemon White: DJScy / FC:0690-4616-8450
User avatar
Kyogissun
Posts: 378
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 20:08
First Video: Three PS3's or one of the X ways to Y

Re: Pokemon Black & White General Thread (Available Now)

Postby Kyogissun » 07 May 2011, 20:52

DJScythe15 wrote:
tak197 wrote:Oooooh okay. So for now, I'm done and should move on to leveling up my Pokemon for the next gym badge?


Yep, head along to Nimbasa for the next gym, a bicycle, more story, and *cough*Pokemon Musicals*cough*.

AlexanderDitto wrote:Uh oh. Anybody else getting... kind of bored with the Dream World? I'm just amassing berries and I hate spending them... for some reason, I don't found furniture as charming as the old Secret Base furniture, and I have mastered the games....


A little bit, actually. I'm at 4500 Dream Points, but I'm a little bored with it. I no longer feel like I must log in every day, but am fine with just every other day when I have time.


Thus is your advantage of NOT being a breeder/team-drafting trainer like mahself. For me, I want to tap out every potential advantage in the game. I'm not looking to collect all 600+ pokemanz, but I'm collecting what I 'like' and 'want'.

For me, because I'm trying to complete both versions at once, collect all the pokemon I consider 'ideal' for each of my trainers, develop a solid team for beating the E4, etc etc etc...

The Dream World will probably last for quite a bit longer in terms of interest for me and probably long past when you guys plan to continue.

...And being into games like Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon, means the berry farming and house decorating aspect of the games have a massive appeal to me.

But you guys need to keep at it, once you reach 7500 DP you'll reset the pokemon that exist in each area and it will start distributing new pokemon for all three zones, that are all somewhat rare in general and either uncommon or impossible to acquire in Unova.

I'd say stick with it, if you're a collector or like to put teams together, it'll provide a nice source of entertainment for ya.
Currently Playing: Skyrim (Dawnguard), Bunch of Shit on Steam (Blame the Summer Sale), Tales of Graces f
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Torchlight II

I attend (almost) every FNM at Millenium Games in Henrietta.

Steam: OhYouFoal
XBL GT: Kyogissun

Return to “Video Games”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests