D&D with EVERYTHING

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
MotorWaffle
First Video: Phailhaus #3

D&D with EVERYTHING

Postby MotorWaffle » 07 Aug 2010, 22:32

So my friend and I were making a D&D character for me, since my Avenger was ripped to pieces in our last fight, and we began to joke about D&D having all sorts of crazy pop culture classes and races. Well now we're going to attempt putting something like that together, but we're running out of ideas. Here's a few: Time Lords, Gargoyles (like the cartoon show), Jedi, Star Fleet Officers, Power Rangers, Animorphs, Soul Reapers, Pokemon Trainers (with 1 of the origional starting 3 to begin), Toons (like Looney Toons), Hogwarts style wizards, Avatar style benders, and generic space marines.
I'm doing the creative writing, and he's doing the feats and skills, but we could always use the aid of the internet's creative minds.
We know balance is going to be an issue and we've already thought of a few things that would break the game, such as Saiyins and Kryptonians, but other than that, if an arguement can be made for it, then it can be a playable character.
Any thoughts?
Lorithad

Re: D&D with EVERYTHING

Postby Lorithad » 07 Aug 2010, 22:58

Yeah, this isn't a new concept. At least not with my group of friends. One of my friends made M. Bison from the streetfighter movie. Hilarious results ensued.

Still, I wish you well in your endevor.
Matt wrote:Lorithad, you should be ashamed of yourself. You are bad, and you should feel bad.
MotorWaffle

Postby MotorWaffle » 08 Aug 2010, 18:06

Hm...hadn't thought of a street fighter class...
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 08 Aug 2010, 19:37

wasnt that the point of gurps?
Do the Catterpillar!
*wiggle wiggle*
Ringo803
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Location: Satellite of Love, Somewhere over Lexington, South Carolina

Postby Ringo803 » 08 Aug 2010, 22:16

Vaughn wrote:wasnt that the point of gurps?

To be "generic"? I'm not really sure on that myself.
In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war...and other things that are not war.

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.
Ringo803

Postby Ringo803 » 08 Aug 2010, 22:17

MotorWaffle wrote:So my friend and I were making a D&D character for me, since my Avenger was ripped to pieces in our last fight, and we began to joke about D&D having all sorts of crazy pop culture classes and races. Well now we're going to attempt putting something like that together, but we're running out of ideas. Here's a few: Time Lords, Gargoyles (like the cartoon show), Jedi, Star Fleet Officers, Power Rangers, Animorphs, Soul Reapers, Pokemon Trainers (with 1 of the origional starting 3 to begin), Toons (like Looney Toons), Hogwarts style wizards, Avatar style benders, and generic space marines.
I'm doing the creative writing, and he's doing the feats and skills, but we could always use the aid of the internet's creative minds.
We know balance is going to be an issue and we've already thought of a few things that would break the game, such as Saiyins and Kryptonians, but other than that, if an arguement can be made for it, then it can be a playable character.
Any thoughts?

Go Time Lord, I say. Instead of an Animal Companion they get a TARDIS.
In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war...and other things that are not war.

Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 08 Aug 2010, 22:40

Dwight Schrute
Image Image Image
Ringo803

Postby Ringo803 » 08 Aug 2010, 23:05

Sieg Reyu wrote:Dwight Schrute

The Bobble-Head give him +5 to Initiative Rolls.

MotorWaffle

Postby MotorWaffle » 09 Aug 2010, 15:22

Ringo803 wrote:
MotorWaffle wrote:So my friend and I were making a D&D character for me, since my Avenger was ripped to pieces in our last fight, and we began to joke about D&D having all sorts of crazy pop culture classes and races. Well now we're going to attempt putting something like that together, but we're running out of ideas. Here's a few: Time Lords, Gargoyles (like the cartoon show), Jedi, Star Fleet Officers, Power Rangers, Animorphs, Soul Reapers, Pokemon Trainers (with 1 of the origional starting 3 to begin), Toons (like Looney Toons), Hogwarts style wizards, Avatar style benders, and generic space marines.
Any thoughts?

Go Time Lord, I say. Instead of an Animal Companion they get a TARDIS.

We figured that if no one in the campaign played Time Lord, we'd throw an npc one in for the sole purpose of having access to a TARDIS.

Return to “Video Games”