LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby Master Gunner » 08 Nov 2010, 07:48

If anyone wants saplings, the leaves in my tree farm are open for the taking. Down the hill to the right of spawn is a two-way teleporter to my lakehouse, and on the shore a bit to the west is the walled-in farm.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Ed.
First Video: Desert bus 3 (started at day 3)

Postby Ed. » 08 Nov 2010, 08:02

Lyinginbedmon wrote:Open call for Engineers
Is there anyone able and willing to follow the sphere blueprints (Specifically those for 54, 58, 64, and/or 80 scale spheres) to construct the spheres of the arcology? If so, post and let me know!

I'm an engineering student does that count :mrgreen:

give me a task and ill get on it cant decide what to do with my little project right now.
Spoilers for your life.
The main character dies at the end.
chad_stumph
First Video: Politically Minded

Postby chad_stumph » 08 Nov 2010, 08:10

I'm expanding the Viking Village project across the open water to build a Monastery being sacked by the Vikings. It's a shame we cannot build full-scale people.
ecocd
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby ecocd » 08 Nov 2010, 08:16

Lyinginbedmon wrote:@ecocd What's the red splotch North of the sun sphere in those shots? It doesn't seem to exist on the pre-fire carto, but seems to be more similar in colouration to the sphere's lava than the fire on the surrounding trees.

Wow, it certainly does look a bit like a lava pool. Can someone please check that out sooner than later? If a sampling happens grows up next to an open lava pool, then we'll lose the rest of the forest.

Also, if it is indeed lava, take a screenshot to see if it looks natural or placed. It should be pretty easy to discover if it's a single block of lava that was placed or a peculiar surface pool. There's definitely a lack of experience on the server, in general, so it could've been a woefully uninformed accident.
ecocd - echo-see-dee (We apologize for the inconvenience)
Highlander
First Video: Mecha Jackson

Postby Highlander » 08 Nov 2010, 08:56

in answer to the above someone put a lava water fall there and caused another forest fire
ecocd

Postby ecocd » 08 Nov 2010, 09:15

Edit: Scratch that, the lava fall appears on the map between 07-11-2010-23n22.png and 08-11-2010-o1h22.png. That fire burned down the first round of saplings planted. >_<

Any chance of taking a look at the logs, Fugi? The matter can be dealt with privately if you find anything (if it hasn't already been taken care of).
Last edited by ecocd on 08 Nov 2010, 09:20, edited 1 time in total.
chad_stumph

Postby chad_stumph » 08 Nov 2010, 09:17

ecocd wrote:
Lyinginbedmon wrote:@ecocd What's the red splotch North of the sun sphere in those shots? It doesn't seem to exist on the pre-fire carto, but seems to be more similar in colouration to the sphere's lava than the fire on the surrounding trees.

Wow, it certainly does look a bit like a lava pool. Can someone please check that out sooner than later? If a sampling happens grows up next to an open lava pool, then we'll lose the rest of the forest.

Also, if it is indeed lava, take a screenshot to see if it looks natural or placed. It should be pretty easy to discover if it's a single block of lava that was placed or a peculiar surface pool. There's definitely a lack of experience on the server, in general, so it could've been a woefully uninformed accident.

It was a single placed block that cascaded into a lavafall. I wish I would have screenshotted it, but didn't think of it until after I had extinguished it. I did leave the cobble in place if anyone is interested in seeing where it had been. It did burn quite a bit of the replanted forest, but was contained in time to save the majority of the forest. It has been cleaned up, but not replanted (I didn't have any saplings on me).
Highlander
First Video: Mecha Jackson

Postby Highlander » 08 Nov 2010, 13:07

when are the new carto's coming up?
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 08 Nov 2010, 13:14

I'm pretty sure they continuously generate. Check the first page.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 08 Nov 2010, 13:15

Assuming the server's clock is on the ball, they update every hour, on the hour.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Danzama
First Video: Wireless

Postby Danzama » 08 Nov 2010, 13:26

Weird thing: whenever I look at any map of our server I can't find Columbia, I know where it should be but it's not there
chad_stumph

Postby chad_stumph » 08 Nov 2010, 13:30

danzama wrote:Weird thing: whenever I look at any map of our server I can't find Columbia, I know where it should be but it's not there

I can see it on the latest map. It is just to the right of Burg Wolfenstein. Mostly wood with a new cobble addition.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 08 Nov 2010, 13:49

Ok, lying, I started on the north sphere, got a quarter done. (After 2 cockups)

I just noticed the east sphere is off too (It's off centre, as you made a mistake on the north side) I'll see if I can fix it up tomorrow to where it should be. (The north and south sides are 11 blocks long instead of 10, and theres 3 blocks where there should be 4 on the northwest side of the circle, and 2 where there should be 3)
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 08 Nov 2010, 13:59

Dutch guy wrote:Ok, lying, I started on the north sphere, got a quarter done. (After 2 cockups)

I just noticed the east sphere is off too (It's off centre, as you made a mistake on the north side) I'll see if I can fix it up tomorrow to where it should be. (The north and south sides are 11 blocks long instead of 10, and theres 3 blocks where there should be 4 on the northwest side of the circle, and 2 where there should be 3)

I've been staring at circles too long...
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 08 Nov 2010, 14:08

:-P

Took me 4 recounts to find out where I got wrong the first time I started a circle too. I didn't bother counting on the drawing the first time and instead use the east circle as a reference (On the side that is one block too short) and was thus out of alignment. Found out the east circle was wrong when I recounted there and then on the actual drawings :-P
ecocd

Postby ecocd » 08 Nov 2010, 21:20

Just an fyi, there's now a waypoint at the LRR Moonbases Mk I and II that Graham built. There's a teleport at spawn. Otherwise the address is:

(N,E,S,W)
Glass, Plank, Glass, Plank

I was thinking about making it with rarer materials like obsidian and gold ore, but exclusivity isn't really a LRR kind of thing to do.

Pretty fun little place. They either built it around some trees or got a little admin assist on the leaves for the green screens. ;-)
chad_stumph

Postby chad_stumph » 08 Nov 2010, 21:55

New addition to the Viking project. I built a small island monastery across the bay within easy access of the longboats. There are two there, one pulled up onto the beach and the other still off shore. The monastery has certainly seen better days, with holes in the walls and structures, and fires burning everything in sight.

And lastly, just to let you know where you are:

ATTENTION: Yes, I know that this building is on fire in random places, including wood. The fire is infinite and should remain forever. Please do not put out the fires. This building was not griefed, it intentionally has holes in the walls and roofs, and fire everywhere.
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 09 Nov 2010, 00:46

lol I like it chad

on another note, holy crap guys, great job on replanting that forest, it's now one of the most dense forests I've seen.

awesome work.
Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 09 Nov 2010, 01:01

And the "mice" thread in the general discussion just gave an idea. While working on the plans for the Antonov, I'm going to start working on the LHC. (Large Hamster Collider that is ofcourse). Now all I need to do is start calculating a voxel circle of about 3 kilometers in diameter and mine it out underground. Can't be that hard. Anybody know a good virgin patch of ground where noone has mined yet? (To prevent interfering with existing mines)
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 09 Nov 2010, 03:53

3km would be 3000 blocks wide Dutch, I think that's bigger than the entire server map at the moment, by a VERY long way. For comparison, that's the width of 150 sun spheres.

Trying to set up a teleporter waypoint for the arcology, using Glass, Sand, Planks, Log, and smoothstone ink
- sss
ssGss
sLsSs
ssPss
- sss
But the waypoint isn't reacting at all. Built a teleporter at spawn for it, which is saying the signature hasn't been registered. Clearly I'm not using invalid materials since there are other waypoints around the map using the same ones, I originally tried to use 4 torches for the signature (if possible I'd like to go back to them, they suit it better).
Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 09 Nov 2010, 04:59

I'm well aware 3000 blocks is massive. Would you rather I do it to the scale of the original LHC's 27000 meter diameter? (Not including extra room for synchrotrons, linear injector accelerators, and all other equipment ofcourse)

I might scale it back a little, but I do think it should be no smaller than 1000 blocks wide. After all it is the LARGE hamster collider.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 09 Nov 2010, 05:17

Teleporter to the arcology is now active and includes a link to the hub :D
Danzama
First Video: Wireless

Postby Danzama » 09 Nov 2010, 05:42

Is this teleporter hub by the spawn?

and would anyone objet to a road being built, connecting stuff like Wolfenstien, Moonbases, the arcology and Columbia together?

If this is cool, then i'll get to work on it when i get home
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 09 Nov 2010, 05:53

What's this?! A dedicated LRR minecraft server?! Sign me up!
chad_stumph

Postby chad_stumph » 09 Nov 2010, 06:13

Dutch guy wrote:I'm well aware 3000 blocks is massive. Would you rather I do it to the scale of the original LHC's 27000 meter diameter? (Not including extra room for synchrotrons, linear injector accelerators, and all other equipment ofcourse)

I might scale it back a little, but I do think it should be no smaller than 1000 blocks wide. After all it is the LARGE hamster collider.

Are the hamsters large, or just the collider?

Return to “Video Games”