Gaming General Chat Thread

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Re: Gaming General Chat Thread

Postby SAJewers » 07 Apr 2017, 09:42

Not sure if anyone here in interested in Voice Acting, but the team behing the Legend of Xanadu 1/Legend of Xanadu 2 Fan Translation is looking for volunteers to help dubbing the voice-acted cutscenes:
http://tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu_Dub_Project.htm
http://tg-16.com/Our_Portfolio.htm
http://tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu.htm
ANeMzero
First Video: 1337

Postby ANeMzero » 08 Apr 2017, 15:43

I recently finished Nier Automata and after a couple days of sitting around feeling empty inside I decided to pick up Shenzhen I/O, and go back to TIS-100

Because why learn one fictional version of assembly across a mesh work of tiny processors when you can learn two separate but similar versions. I'm not very far in either but when I hit a road block I switch off to the other and see what my new found knowledge can get me.

Shenzhen is definitely an easier game to get into. I'm honestly not sure if it is simply the presentation or if the learning curve is a bit less steep, but it just feels a bit less imposing than TIS-100. That having been said, while conditional commands aren't quite as powerful in TIS-100, it is a relief not having to deal with synchronizing read/write over xbus or manage sleep cycles. The two compliment each other well.
and now; back to me.
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 13 Apr 2017, 11:22

Finished Blossom Tales today.

There were a few puzzles that were way too hard to me, and some might find the game easier than classic Zelda games, but other than that, It's really well done.

100% recommend. If you're even remotely interested in the genre, give it a shot.
SAJewers

Postby SAJewers » 05 Jul 2017, 17:20

Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Robo4900 » 06 Jul 2017, 08:52

That looks delightful. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that one. :)

I picked up The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth in the current sale. Man, I love this game. I was a fan of the original Binding Of Isaac, but the at times sluggish engine would often put me off, and I hadn't actually played it for ages. Rebirth fixes all of that, and adds a ton of new stuff, plus the art is nicer.
On the advice of my brother, I didn't pick up the Afterbirth DLC, although I'm thinking I might pick it up after I've done everything in the base game, if only for all the cool mods in the Workshop that seem to require it.

In other news, I'm about half-way through Star Wars: Dark Forces. Hard game, and frustrating at times, but good fun. It would probably benefit a lot from a modern source port with mid-level saving, and perhaps an easier difficulty setting that does away with the lives system for more casual players, but it is a lot of fun. :)
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Aeralis
First Video: enn: Nerd Flu

Postby Aeralis » 07 Jul 2017, 11:40

SAJewers wrote:Ooh, this looks interesting: http://store.steampowered.com/app/59722 ... _Loathing/

As a looooong time Kingdom of Loathing player, I'm pretty excited to see them finally putting out a new game. (One that's not Word Realms, anyway.)
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 18 Jul 2017, 12:44

Lords of the Fallen is just rude for no reason.

Poor response on dodging. Weird hit boxes. Uses its death mechanic as an excuse to not tell you where to go. I was enjoying the exploration. I just hated having my face smacked in at every option leaving me wondering where I was meant to go. I got distracted by a loot chest and fell off into a boss fight which I have to complete to return home. I am unable to grind since the grind area I have access to contains enemies that one shot you. I respect games that are difficult. I don't respect games that also don't play fair.

Avoid this game. It's enjoyable at first until you get sick of its shit.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 11 Sep 2017, 15:33

Completed Pyre.
The story was a lot better than gameplay. I actually turned the difficulty down to easy mode because of how little I enjoyed playing the game part of it.

Had a feelsy ending.
DownloadMoreRAM
First Video: Ways To Get Video Ideas

Postby DownloadMoreRAM » 01 Dec 2017, 14:07

SAJewers wrote:Ooh, this looks interesting: http://store.steampowered.com/app/59722 ... _Loathing/

Looks pretty cool. Plus, there have been 2 updates since launch which means that they are still working on it and not just wanting you to pay for everything. And no, I'm not just being salty about Battlefront 2 still :lol:
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 28 Feb 2018, 12:00

Heroes of Newerth still has enough toxic arse holes to make the game unenjoyable.
Throw in the game mechanics that are harsh. It makes for a miserable game experience unless you play with friends.

Return to “Video Games”