The Game Venting Thread

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Re: The Game Venting Thread

Postby Kapol » 19 Mar 2016, 21:47

Saying that a character 'sure is OP, huh?' isn't cute, nor funny. If you have a bullshit fight, saying that kind of thing when the player loses doesn't make it better. It makes it more frustrating.

Why is it fighting games tend to have the most BS bosses anyways?
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 20 Mar 2016, 12:09

"You are bad at this hero".

Thanks for your input. I am trying to get this hero to level 5 so I can get 500G. You telling me that I am bad or good at this hero since it's all rather irrelevant. I play heroes based on enjoyment.

But, please continue throwing stones. You only just recently overtook my Hero Damage Dealt stat. So yes, keep telling me I am bad. It simply says that you are equally bad or worse at this game than me.
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Postby Bebop Man » 19 Apr 2016, 19:17

Suffering the Shadow of Mordor post on the PS3. Yeesh. Game is like a dictionary of errors.
Phi
First Video: Impersonal Information

Postby Phi » 21 Apr 2016, 10:18

It's been like 2 months or so, but I still can't beat Ornstein and Smough. They can both hit me through the pillars. This fight is bullshit.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 08 May 2016, 18:57

If you have an achievement that says don't kill any humans besides necessary, it should be possible to beat the game without killing anyone besides in cutscenes. Metro: Last Light has a section where it seems next to impossible to get through on the difficulty I'm on without killing anyone. And it's frustrating me to no end.
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 11 May 2016, 01:35

@Phi I'm gonna assume calling in other players isn't an option for you? So bummed I can't help you with this :(
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Kapol

Postby Kapol » 04 Jun 2016, 01:41

This is something that's dumb to be annoyed by, but I can't really help it. The main legendaries for Sun and Moon have been developed a bit more. And the 'sun' cat is... metal and psychic? Not fire? O-okay. Oh, and the 'moon' bat is psychic and... ghost? Not dark? Why? That just seems so strange to me. The lion that's meant to represent a giant ball of fire is weak to fire. The bat that's linked to the moon is 4x weak to dark.

I don't know. It feels stupid to be bothered by it. But it just feels so arbitrary.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 04 Jun 2016, 08:45

I feel like they have a third unofficial typing.

Solgaleo is Fire tertiary.
Lunaala is Fairy/Dark tertiary.
To cover this, they get a unique dual-type attack.

It certainly is a curve ball. But perhaps these are Pokemon that utilises the Sun/Moon as oppose to embody them.

Steel reflects (Mirror. See the mirror towers that rekt ships)
Ghosts come out at night.

Psychic because space=psychic.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 04 Jun 2016, 10:24

The psychic part is what seems strange to me, honestly. It feels like it was forced onto them rather than making sense naturally. Like it doesn't make sense to have a type to represent space if they're meant to utilize their element to me. If it's because they wanted to have access to psychic for balancing or something like that, then I'd rather have had psychic be the tertiary type for both.

That said, there may be some more of an explanation given in the game or in the future. And given I rarely use legendaries, it's not like it's an actual issue for me either. It just kind of bothered me.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 04 Jun 2016, 14:04

The sun lion is inspired by the alchemy of purifying metal.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 06 Jun 2016, 21:39

Playing through Batman: Arkham Origins. On top of feeling like Arkham City 1.5, it seems full of glitches. Like that time the first boss would vanish if he touched anywhere near where his cutscene was at. Or how about the time I'm doing a predator mission and an enemy just walks through a wall. And when I try to throw a batarang at him to hit him, he just falls endlessly into the abyss? I feel like this is one of the most glitch-filled AAA games I've played in a while.
Jeezy
First Video: 4ps4s

Postby Jeezy » 12 Jun 2016, 07:15

I just played through Half Life (I've played HL2 a bunch since the Orange Box came out) before going to watch the latest Talking Sim. I like the majority of the game I guess - it holds up alright today with decent gunplay and stuff. But the platforming is such a big part of the game and it is THE WORST. By the end of the game I was completely sick of it.

Sure I've never 'liked' FPS platforming, but I've never understood the hate that FPS platforming gets from a lot of people until now. It's like someone oiled the Free man's boots. I stopped pressing forward last Tuesday, game, could you stop perhaps? And it was such a big part of the game too. Why? Why you do this? It's been so long since I played Quake so I don't know if that was just part of the engine, but I'm guessing not. It just seems like an awful design choice to me for the character to be so floaty/slidey. I haven't managed to watch the second half of Talking Sim yet, but I'm so glad HL2 had better controls and less platforming, although when the controls give you actual control, the platforming doesn't really become an issue.

Also, if I could have got stuck on seemingly nothing less often and had to reload, that would have been great.

Half Life isn't without it's flaws. They were big enough flaws to stop me enjoying it and towards the end I was just trying to get it done quickly and move on to something else.

Maybe I was just brought up on (I don't want to have to say OG, but here we are) OG Doom too much. Me here to shoot monsterm'ns, k?

Next I want to check out Path of Exile because it looked pretty cool on 18 James and Pauling!
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 15 Jun 2016, 23:05

Pointless collectables piss me off to no end. I actually find them very off-putting, to the point they can ruin a game entirely for me.
Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 16 Jun 2016, 08:29

Kapol wrote:Playing through Batman: Arkham Origins. On top of feeling like Arkham City 1.5, it seems full of glitches. Like that time the first boss would vanish if he touched anywhere near where his cutscene was at. Or how about the time I'm doing a predator mission and an enemy just walks through a wall. And when I try to throw a batarang at him to hit him, he just falls endlessly into the abyss? I feel like this is one of the most glitch-filled AAA games I've played in a while.

It's one of the glitchiest games I've ever played, second only to the PS3 port of Shadow of Mordor. Mordor has the "excuse" of being a last-gen port, though. Curiously both games were published by Warner Bros., yet developed by "alternate" studios (Origins was developed by Warner's Montreal studio instead of Rocksteady, and Monolith didn't work on Mordor's port - Behaviour Interactive did).
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 16 Jun 2016, 10:04

Bebop Man wrote:It's one of the glitchiest games I've ever played, second only to the PS3 port of Shadow of Mordor. Mordor has the "excuse" of being a last-gen port, though. Curiously both games were published by Warner Bros., yet developed by "alternate" studios (Origins was developed by Warner's Montreal studio instead of Rocksteady, and Monolith didn't work on Mordor's port - Behaviour Interactive did).

I'm not sure I can say it's one of the glitchiest games I've played. But I think it's up there. A lot of my major problems with it were that it felt like they tweaked the combat system to be worse and that the payoff for quite a few missions were just... bleh. But the glitches really stood out to me as disappointing for a PC game.

As for Mordor, I didn't run into a ton of gameplay glitches on the 360 with it. But it's a game that really shouldn't have been ported to the previous gen. The pop-in was abysmal, as were the loading times. Not to mention they apparently had to cut features like the depth in the rival system. It's the only game that I honestly stopped playing on one system to play on another due to those issues.
Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 16 Jun 2016, 19:45

Kapol wrote:
Bebop Man wrote:It's one of the glitchiest games I've ever played, second only to the PS3 port of Shadow of Mordor. Mordor has the "excuse" of being a last-gen port, though. Curiously both games were published by Warner Bros., yet developed by "alternate" studios (Origins was developed by Warner's Montreal studio instead of Rocksteady, and Monolith didn't work on Mordor's port - Behaviour Interactive did).

I'm not sure I can say it's one of the glitchiest games I've played. But I think it's up there. A lot of my major problems with it were that it felt like they tweaked the combat system to be worse and that the payoff for quite a few missions were just... bleh. But the glitches really stood out to me as disappointing for a PC game.

As for Mordor, I didn't run into a ton of gameplay glitches on the 360 with it. But it's a game that really shouldn't have been ported to the previous gen. The pop-in was abysmal, as were the loading times. Not to mention they apparently had to cut features like the depth in the rival system. It's the only game that I honestly stopped playing on one system to play on another due to those issues.

The pop-ins and loading times are definitely an issue with the PS3 version. I don't know about other people but I found myself constantly clipping through the ground and dying, or having my character frozen on the spot after using Fast Travel, or just crashing the game in general. The audio would also go berserk every now and then - it would go silent for a sec, then explode blatantly in static. Unbearable.

As for the Nemesis System getting nerfed, I can't vouch for it but I'll buy it. Even trolls got removed from the PS3 version (they only show up twice in a couple of missions). I'm sure there's a bunch of stuff that also got lost in translation.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 18 Jun 2016, 20:08

I made a post about Mad Max. I gave it the glowing review of 'fine, but repetitive.' Well, I take it back. It ate my 30 hour save. I cleared out the entire bottom half of the map, the area around Gas Town, and was finishing up the upper half of the map. And it erased it all. Fuck that. I'm done with the game entirely. It was not fun enough to devote 30 hours to, let along another 40+ it'd take to complete it. Which is a shame since it seems like interesting stuff was going to happen in the story.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 02 Aug 2016, 02:41

Was 5 turns off of winning a 7 hour game of Civ when I lost to a 'time victory.' :/
Bobalob93
First Video: Unskippable-FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus

Postby Bobalob93 » 17 Dec 2016, 14:45

In the last couple of days, Naughty Dog has released an update for Uncharted 4's multiplayer that includes a Co-op survival mode. You and 2 other players face a number of waves of enemies, with the goal of each wave either being mere survival, or occasionally completing additional tasks. One of these has you defending an area of the map that's under siege, with kills only counting towards the wave's objective from within that area. In and of itself, it's a fair but challenging game mode that works well when all 3 players are working as a team.

What I don't get is why some people decide to ditch the siege area completely and run to the other side of the map for the whole of that wave of enemies. The kills don't count to the objective, and they earn no in-game currency for it, so I really don't get why people do it. It's not a bad enough problem that I'll stop playing that game mode, but it is frustrating when it happens.
My Twitter -Bobalob93
My Tumblr - www.bobalob93.tumblr.com
My Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/bobalob93/?hl=en

Enough shameless plugs for now!
ANeMzero
First Video: 1337

Postby ANeMzero » 20 Dec 2016, 21:05

Edit: No clue how this ended up a doublepost.
Last edited by ANeMzero on 03 Apr 2017, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.
and now; back to me.
ANeMzero
First Video: 1337

Postby ANeMzero » 20 Dec 2016, 21:05

Building a new PC for the first time since.. before Obama was elected. Bought a cpu that didn't come with a heatsink. Bought the cheapest heatsink/fan I could get while still being a decent brand and decent reviews.

I never really considered the size because it was like $30CAD and I couldn't imagine I could get a huge, decently built chunk of metal and a fan for that price.

Turns out it is like 14cm tall and I'm not sure it will fit in my case once I mount the mobo... Which itself is its own separate frustration; delayed due to being "out of stock" despite the website saying it is in stock since I ordered it on Friday.

Hell I might not even be able to socket my ram with this thing installed. It is a mess, and I don't know when the final parts will arrive. So I get to just worry about this probably but not entirely certain problem for an indeterminate amount of time.
and now; back to me.
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 21 Dec 2016, 10:37

Return to “Video Games”