Titanfall

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Titanfall

Postby Darkobra » 29 Mar 2014, 08:48

A friend of mine has done another review but this time of something far more recent. For those that are on the fence about buying this game, I present to you: Reaper's Reviews - Titanfall.

The game seems quite fun and tactical but the lack of a single player story mode is quite the deal breaker for me. I think this game is going to be a "One day" for me. Does anyone have any experience with this? Does the multiplayer more than make up for its lack of single player?
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Re: Titanfall

Postby Prospero101 » 29 Mar 2014, 08:51

TieTieFaw*

On a more serious note, I've played all of one game of Titanfall when the owner of my local game store let me play it while I was waiting for FNM to start last night.

Having shed fat, I had a lot of fun. This is coming from a guy who VEHEMENTLY DESPISES WITH EVERY FABRIC OF HIS BEING the modern-military-shooter multiplayer scene. It's a lot easier for a new player to get in, have fun, and feel like they're contributing.

Whether I actually -was- is another matter entirely, judging from Brian's chuckles. But all that mattered was it didn't feel like I was a worthless noob. That meant a lot to me.
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 31 Mar 2014, 09:53

I played the Xbox One beta and had a really fun time, so I preordered it. I'm now level 50(still Gen 1 as I'm grinding through some stuff to get all the unlocks for a cheevo.) I'm not into MP games like this, so I was never really excited for it, but it's actually a lot fun and I would recommend it. Lack of SP is a little disappointing, but I don't think it's too much of a deal breaker unless you abhor MP only games.
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 31 Mar 2014, 11:41

For me, I have the mantra of "Single player to learn the game, multiplayer to test all you've learned." I think multiplayer is the LAST place you should be going to learn a game as you can't guarantee you'll be locked in with fellow newbies.

Now my friend said that the bots in this game are put in for that exact reason. They're easy enough that you can at least learn against them. He never said anything about any form of ranked matchmaking so it makes me wonder if you're thrown in against people that have played it for weeks or if you're put in categories.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 31 Mar 2014, 11:53

Actually, the latest patch is introducing some ranked matchmaking stuff. If you get a game where your team is just SLAUGHTERED by the other, you'll all be paired up or down depending on your skill level, so you'll find teams for your skill level.

Interestingly, people who are caught cheating are not banned, but rathered paired against other cheaters.
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 31 Mar 2014, 12:22

That IS pretty interesting. I seem to remember another game long ago that did that and people just said that they should be banned because they're cheating but still able to play while others said it was only fair as now they're against their own ilk.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.

Return to “Video Games”