Sabatoged Mafia - GAME OVER. Factionless and AdmiralMemo win

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Re: Sabatoged Mafia (The Game Thread)

Postby Ptangmatik » 29 Apr 2014, 01:32

This Seems Reasonable Although Station Logs Are Not Immune From Being Forged. I Have No Current Reason To Doubt Your Word, Which Only Leads Me To Question AdmiralMemo's Reason For Nominating You Ahead Of Preacher, Tapir, And Korvys. As Inaction At This Stage Could Cost Us Dearly, I Feel That While There Are Several Possible Actions At This Point, The Most Appropriate Seems To Be

Vote: AdmiralMemo

°Beep Boop°
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 29 Apr 2014, 01:52

"Due to new information, I withdraw my previous vote."

Vote: No one

*turns to Conoros* "I apologize for missing hearing you saying where you were. We are all fallible lifeforms." *turns to Ptangmatik* "Even you, my computerized compatriot." *turns back to the group* "I still have my eye of suspicion on Tapir12 and Korvys, though."
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Conoros
First Video: How to speak like a pirate

Postby Conoros » 29 Apr 2014, 02:19

Conoros nods in reply and awaits the statements of the others before speaking further
Conor / Magellus
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 29 Apr 2014, 03:06

"Blood cries to blood; I understand the Admiral's concern. Our history is one of blood; were it one of my brothers murdered I would feel the urge to cry vengeance. Yet wisdom; I have three hundred and twelve brothers. I know you will laugh; but more sisters. Hear this wisdom: My people are a people for whom vengeance is a bloody and regretted road long travelled. A point of concern; Ptangmatik I urge you to drop your vote for the Admiral."
Ptangmatik

Postby Ptangmatik » 29 Apr 2014, 10:33

If You Are Willing To Forgive, Then I Accept Your Reasoning And Retract My Vote. Forgiveness Is One Of The More Enlightened Reactions to Personal Trespass.

Change Vote: No Vote

°Beep Boop°
Ptangmatik

Postby Ptangmatik » 29 Apr 2014, 12:37

I Have Had A Thought. AdmiralMemo, Would You Consent To Us Looking Up Your Profile On The Computer To Set My Mind At Ease? This Would Reassure Me Greatly

Vote To Investigate: AdmiralMemo

Vote To Lynch: No One

°Beep Boop°
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Postby Smeghead » 29 Apr 2014, 12:39

'While I do understand that some of you might feel...uneasy to accuse someone in here for having had something to do with this grizzly deed. Unless this has been a very skilled outside job; ending the life of Kayong and leaving unnoticed. The killer has to be one amongst us'
He seemed to think on this for a moment before adding
'Unless Kayong decided it was a good idea to use a dagger as a backscratcher and thought adding some force to it would do the trick that is. But I find that to be unlikely'

Sarcastic remarks were not one of his strong points.

'The point I was trying to get to is that if one or more of us are indeed behind this crime and hopes to disrupt our work here; our determination to continue even with Kayong dead will most likely force them to kill again. Now if outright accusing someone of being the killer without evidence and possibly end the life of an innocent is not up your allay, might I suggest that we instead investigate a person instead to determine their guilt. This is a process that no innocent person should fear. It is that or inactivity which is likely to cause more harm then at least not looking into the matter'
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 29 Apr 2014, 12:58

Bobbing its head in agreement, the spreadable soarer flaps over to Ptangmatik. "Jamfalcon's agreement: wholehearted. Scrutinize Admiral, uncover intentions. Innocence generates protection. Misconduct: punishment."

Investigate: AdmiralMemo
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 29 Apr 2014, 16:33

"While I do not protest an investigation on a personal level, I will tell you right now that it will be fruitless, since I am blameless in this matter. I hope it does not waste time that could be spent on more profitable endeavors."

JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 29 Apr 2014, 21:57

"Doubtless, full investigations must begin. We must not delay, though I do not find AdmiralMemo unduly suspicious."

INVESTIGATE: AdmiralMemo
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Postby Smeghead » 30 Apr 2014, 00:34

'Fruitless or not, we have to start somewhere, if only to be able to write off someone as being a suspect. If you are indeed innocent as you claim, then you have nothing to fear. Unless you can point us in a better direction I'll have to go with how the votes have been going so far'

INVESTIGATE: AdmiralMemo
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 30 Apr 2014, 01:14

The fox-folk does not look entirely at ease, but nods curtly in agreement.

Investigate AdmiralMemo
Ptangmatik

Postby Ptangmatik » 30 Apr 2014, 04:19

AdmiralMemo, As You Have Stated That You Have No Protest To Being Investigated On A Personal Level And We Require One More Vote To Form A Majority, Would You Care To Join Us In This Vote?

°Beep Boop°
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 30 Apr 2014, 08:04

*sighs* "Fine... Just to get this speedily resolved."

Preacher
First Video: The Job

Postby Preacher » 30 Apr 2014, 15:19

This seems as good a plan as any.

Do you guys mind. I'm trying to write an essay

Its probably not a good thing I feel the need to put a disclaimer after everything I say

This is a thing my and my friend run.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 30 Apr 2014, 19:04

As the majority vote as reach, a loud click loudly resonates throughout the room, followed by a slight grinding. The wall behind the podium rises and locks in place. Behind it, a large monitor is revealed, along with a panel of buttons. The large computer whirs forward, locking in place where the wall had been. The quite hum of systems coming online resonates through the room. The sound is almost like a symphony warming up.

The sheer size of the thing is intimidating. It's size is completely out of place in a civilization in which nano-technology is common. If it's that size... what can the thing do?

A question that's partly answered as the monitor flickers to life. Nothing rests on it as of now. But a woman's voice echoes through the room as the system finishes booting itself. "Majority vote detected. I shall commence the investigation of ADMIRALMEMO. This process will take approximately 12 hours. The current time is 20UT. It is recommended all life forms, be they organic or inorganic, begin resting in the meantime."

All the while, images, words, numbers, records all flashed over the screen. The information was moving too fast than the organic eye could comprehend. And the inorganic eye could risk an overflow from the sheer being recorded by it's optical sensors.

"Night phase has been initiated." The lights dimmed. Not to the point that things were impossible to see, but it did give the place a more nighttime feel.

(Night has begun. Those with nighttime powers, if any, please work on PMing me when possible)
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 30 Apr 2014, 19:52

(Also relevant, if there are any roles that can communicate with one another, please remember to include me in the conversation. I get lonely. :( )
Conoros

Postby Conoros » 01 May 2014, 12:30

"So we rest then. Until tomorrow, friends."

Conoros heads back to her apartment to enjoy a light jazz compilation
Conor / Magellus
Kapol

Re: Sabatoged Mafia - Day 2

Postby Kapol » 01 May 2014, 21:10

When the morning began, the group gathered once again in the main area. There was a stirring as the computer began to hum up. This time, a female, humanoid face appeared on the screen. It's green, curvy form made one think to the humans' 'cheesy science fiction' movies of old. There was a pause. "One member of the council has been lost." The face vanished.

It was then when the group realized one of them was missing... Smeghead. Heading to his room, the group found out the gruesome truth of the night. Another weapon, this one a kitchen knife... another body.

Smeghead was killed during the night.

The computer was already booted up when people gathered in the main meeting again. "I have completed my information hunt for ADMIRALMEMO. Information shows that ADMIRALMEMO is a member of the naturist faction. Their desire to allow things to build in a natural fashion, as well as information found during my investigations, leads me to believe he is neutral to the current events. I don't believe that he holds any threat to members of the council."

A few hours later, the computer also chimed in about Smeghead. "It is believed that SMEGHEAD was a member of the Rules Faction. This leads me to believe that he has no special methods that he had to do anything to other members. As such, he is likely a normal member of the council."

With this information available, the group could begin the day once more to find answers about the current, grim situation.
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 01 May 2014, 23:47

Upon seeing the body of Smeghead, JackSlack immediately begins fretting visibly. "This is now beyond dangerous, I must return to my people. Pointless if I do not survive; the gains we can make here are not worth this risk." He appears to be slightly bubbling as small pockets of air inflate slightly across the back of his neck. "Cut our losses, I suggest we prepare to completely evacuate the station."
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 02 May 2014, 00:56

A large thump sound can be heard from the entry point to the room. The fox-folk enters, a white hot rage emanating from her.

"And just let them get away with this?! Someone has been trying to interfere with the peace talk -- killing innocent people in the process! -- and I will not let them succeed."

The effect is slightly spoiled by her wincing at her own words. She is still slightly hungover.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 02 May 2014, 01:00

"So, you are finally shown that I am not guilty. But look at the price that has been paid for that knowledge! Now we have TWO murders on our hands! The natural order cannot take such reckless hate!

As such, my suspicions have been extended beyond Korvys and Tapir12. Those who would unjustly suspect me of foul play with no evidence, Ptangmatik and Conoros, seem more guilty in my mind now."

Conoros

Postby Conoros » 02 May 2014, 01:20

Conoros reminds AdmiralMemo that rather than point fingers at others, she offered to put forward her name into the computer to be tested
Conor / Magellus
Ptangmatik

Postby Ptangmatik » 02 May 2014, 01:37

To See More Senseless Loss Of Life Causes Me Sorrow. However, Our Only Means Of Evacuation Is The Waste Chute, Which Would Be Fatal For Everyone Here, For Most Of You Initially And For Myself When Gravitational Forces Eventually Smash Me Into The Nearest Massive Object.

Poor Smeghead, His Sarcasm Was One Of His Weaker Points. That Is All I Knew Of Him And How I Will Remember Him.

I Too Would Be Willing To Put My Name Forwards For Investigation, Until It Is Investigated I Have Nothing But My Word With Which To State That Such Action Would Prove Fruitless.

I Would Hope That It Should Be Noted That I Was Only Too Happy To Change My Vote To A Less Hostile One Upon Realisation Of An Alternate Option And Upon JackSlack's Request.

Let It Not Be Said That I Would Disregard The Advice Of A Confirmed Neutral Party, Though I Would Caution Against Flinging Accusations Without Proof Is Such A Manner.

Investigate: Conoros

°Beep Boop°
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 02 May 2014, 02:40

"OK, dafuq man?! Shit's gettin' reeeeaal frikkin' dodgy an' I am NOT up for dis shit- not frikkin' UP, man."

The human's left hand begin to twitch slightly, apparently making as if to grab at an imaginary object. When next he speaks, it is at a slower pace, but noticeably higher pitch.

"Dis guy's a sneaky bastad, one o' those quiet types who nick ye shit on a night out, y'know? Who ain't spoken yet, it's always one o' those 'unotrubsive' types like dat?"

[I will be unable to respond for the next few days as I'm away from my computer, so please don't lynch through lack of a response :)]
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."

Return to “Video Games”