Sabatoged Mafia - GAME OVER. Factionless and AdmiralMemo win

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Preacher
First Video: The Job

Re: Sabatoged Mafia - Day 4

Postby Preacher » 14 May 2014, 23:07

May I add a possibility. If there are two murderers here. Could they have both targeted the good doctor. He may have survived the first night after his reveal by each party thinking the other would kill him, then this night they decided to finish him off and not leave it to chance. As to who the murderers are, I have only gut feelings and my own meanderings to go on.
Do you guys mind. I'm trying to write an essay

Its probably not a good thing I feel the need to put a disclaimer after everything I say

This is a thing my and my friend run.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 15 May 2014, 07:23

"To accuse me of being either neutral or not serious is a grave mistake.

Lynch: Duckay"
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 15 May 2014, 16:11

The fox-folk points a slightly shaking finger at the computer. "Better take it up with that, then. Or are you saying that none of the investigative results can be trusted?"
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 15 May 2014, 16:12

"Trusted it is; the computer we believe reliable. Time isn't; Conoros, the logic was well established by the late Ptangmatik."

Lynch: Conoros.
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 15 May 2014, 16:43

"How many more of them do we think there are? I agree this is a time for action, the odds are in our favour and we need to stop this.

Lynch: Conoros."
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 15 May 2014, 16:56

"My apologies, Duckay, as this situation has made me very confused and wary.

Changevote: Conoros"

Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 15 May 2014, 17:20

"Optionless; victory requires sacrifice. Conoros: murderer? Solution decided. Continued violence."

Lynch: Conoros
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 15 May 2014, 18:02

With the majority having decided, the gruesome task was once again set on the voters. Tonight, Conoros would die. Once more, the options seemed to be endless. And once again, the result was the same. One of the group found their end that night.

The computer buzzed to life, once again fraught with the issues it seemed to have earlier. "I shall examine the potential alignments of CONOROS and inform you of the result tomorrow. That will be all." The computer fell silent and motionless once again. The screen filled with no images, and the face didn't reappear. It took a moment for the lights to dim for the night. And when they did, the room felt oddly cooler than they had the night before.

In the end though, the day was over, and the group began to tire. With only five members of the original console left, things were beginning to seem bad. Many had died already... and it wasn't clear how many more would meet their end before it was all said and done.

(Night has fallen. Night people, message me once again if there any things to be said.)
Kapol

Re: Sabatoged Mafia - Night 4

Postby Kapol » 16 May 2014, 21:12

The morning came once more. By the time the survivors came forward, the computer had already ran everything. The two bodies sat motionless in the front. Jack's suit was pierced, and he had died during the night. Next to him, Duckay, also laying on the ground. Neither had survived the night. And there were only three of the group left.

"I have finished all of my investigations." The computer said. "CONOROS was found to be a member of the beautiful faction. Given their love of all that is beautiful, I find it difficult to believe that CONOROS was able to assist in any major way. I pray that CONOROS found beauty in the beyond."

"I have also finished my investigation of DUCKAY. The information I was able to find leads me to believe she was a member of the Peacekeepers. The Peacekeepers are unlikely to have been able to contribute anything beyond their wisdom. And as such, I doubt she was able to play any major role."

"The fortunate news is that JACKSLACK was found to be a member of the Omega faction. With his death, there can be new hope that there's a chance still. In the end, I wish you all good luck in your goals." With that, the computer died down once again.

Three people remained. Memo, Preacher, and Jam. The day begins.
Preacher

Re: Sabatoged Mafia - Day 5

Postby Preacher » 16 May 2014, 21:25

Well given this looks like the last day, and we know Memo's faction. I think its time to lay it all out on the table, or at least how I see it.

Memo, we know you're neutral in all this, but right now, I'm guessing you have some sort of night kill ability simply because there are far too many bodies for just the omega faction.

Jamfalcon would then probably be the only remaining Omega, as I don't have a single faction. I'm multiple faction, my entire point is to bring the factions together in peace and unity. (I.E your stock standard townie shmuck). Given this how I'm pretty much screwed 8 ways from sunday regardless. I would go straight for a lynch vote, but I'd rather give you the chance to defend yourself.

Its probably not a good thing I feel the need to put a disclaimer after everything I say

Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 16 May 2014, 23:20

"Well, this is all clear now," the artificially sweetened aeronaut muses. "You speak first, wise move. Now when I say the same thing, for it is true in my case, it sounds like I spout lies. But I am here for peace, not death. What more can be said to prove this truth?"

"Of course, I must ask our friend to aid me. 'Tis my word or his, which rings most true? This could end two ways, but both will be now. More sleep brings the end of peace."

I wrote a book!
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 17 May 2014, 06:20

"You say that I kill at night? It was distressing for me to vote anyone to death, even when it prevented further death.

As I suspect that I will be going home safely either way, the question is whether I trust Jamfalcon or Preacher more. To be honest, it's hard to choose, but my natural instinct is to not trust Preacher. Therefore, if more death is the only answer, then...

Lynch: Preacher"

Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 17 May 2014, 08:52

"Memo: correct option. Falcon very grateful. Danger concludes, friendship prevails!"

Lynch: Preacher

I wrote a book!
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 17 May 2014, 14:25

The choice made, the task finished, and the game was done. The computer booted up one last time. It didn't take long for it to share Preacher's alignment. "It has been found that PREACHER was a member of multiple factions. As such, his role was to block one other person every night." There was a pause. "It is now true there are more Factionless than any other members of factions. As such, I am set to send what data I can off-world. This task has already been finished. And now, I will self destruct..." There was a pause with the machine. It seemed to not want to go through with the action of essentially destroying itself. But soon, the screen faded to black. The computer sparked, and then was destroyed.

---------------------------

When the rescue crews managed to get inside of the compound, everyone was just... gone. No bodies. Only the scent of death that wafted through the corridors. Stains of blood had soaked in areas. It wasn't long before people found out what had happened. All members who had been sent to the summit were presumed dead, and nobody seemed to be sure why. Some factions began to accuse one another of treachery. The dissent only helped fuel the problems that the summit had been started to prevent. And, in the end, Omega was able to fan the flames as they had wished. Without any surviving witnesses to blame them, the information on what happened seemed lost to the universe for the rest of time...

-----------------------

GAME OVER. FACTIONLESS AND ADMIRALMEMO WIN.
JackSlack

Re: Sabatoged Mafia - GAME OVER. Factionless and AdmiralMemo

Postby JackSlack » 17 May 2014, 14:33

Oh-may-gah! Oh-may-gah!

And for those curious why there was no Commodore, I left him at home. I knew what was coming on that space station. ;)
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 17 May 2014, 14:35

BAHAAHAHAHAHAHAA! :twisted:

Erm, I mean good game, everyone! It really came down to the wire. And sorry to Tapir, you were a necessary sacrifice for Jack and I to keep our cover. :mrgreen:

Also, remind me never to use that posting gimmick again. Coming up with ways to refer to a jam falcon proved difficult on its own, and doing all the dialogue with equal syllable words, going up one each post of the day, made writing them out take far longer than it should of. I'm curious, did anyone catch that that was what I was doing?

Thanks for running another great game, Kapol!

I wrote a book!
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 17 May 2014, 14:38

Good god, they all had equal syllables? Shit, they did! That's nuts!

Mine was more obvious, I'm sure: Every sentence had two clauses, the first of which basically discussed the reason for the second to be said. Kind of a riff on Elcor/HK47 style stuff Bioware's done.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 17 May 2014, 14:42

I'm just sad nobody realized that the station was called ASS-THE-MUSICAL. Then again, I messed up AND made it really hard to notice.

X55-7E3-JR51Z4O - use Caesar Cipher example on Wikipedia - A55-7H3-MU51C4R (because I messed up on the last one, it's meant to have an L) - Leet speak - ASS-THE-MUSICAL
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 17 May 2014, 15:30

OK... I won and I still have no idea what happened... :?

Kapol

Postby Kapol » 17 May 2014, 15:45

You won because you lived till the end. That's the only thing you actually had to do in order to win really. As long as you survived, and another party won, you won. In this case, Jam was part of the Mafia. Preacher was part of the town. The end basically had it being your choice which team won, as the death of either other player lead to a win-condition fulfillment (for mafia, killing and/or outnumbering town. For town, killing the mafia)

Here are the role descriptions I made for myself:

Peacekeepers : The dead 'host.'
Rules faction: "Town"
Truth-Seekers: Detective, Town
Shadow: Vigilante, town, come up as peacekeepers
Relgious: Town, "Doctor"
Futurist: Town, "Upgrader," able to 'improve' other players with nanobots. They will not know the alignment of the person they upgrade. Can only be used once. (Didn't get used due to being a strong ability without enough players)
Naturist: Neutral
Multi-faction: Neutralizers, town
Factionless: Mafia
Beautiful faction: "Town"

And here are the roles that were given:

Jackslack -Factionless
Tapir12 -factionless
JamFalcon - Factionless
Smeghead - Rules faction
Duckay - Shadow
Korvys - Truth-Seeker
Ptangmatic - Religious
AdmiralMemo - Natural
My Pseudonym is Ix - Rules Faction
Preacher - Multi-faction
Coronos - Beautiful Faction

The big trick at the end was the Duckay was the Vigilante. However, her role came up as Peacekeeper, a vanilla class. Meaning that the mafia wouldn't know their other threat was dead. This would have been much more relevant had Duckay died day 3 I feel, because the mafia would still be looking for the other kill role.

Here's a list of how the nights went down:

Night 1:

Duckay doesn't kill
Mafia kills Smeghead
Ptang protects Coronos
Preacher blocks Memo
Korvys investigates Preacher

Night 2:

Duckay kills Korvys
Mafia kills Pseudonym is IX
Ptang Protects Jackslack
Preacher blocks Jackslack, which doesn't work due to the other two Mafia members
Korvys investigates Duckay

Night 3:
Mafia kills Ptang
Duckay attempts to kill Jackslack
Ptang protects Jackslack
Preacher blockers Jackslack, which doesn't work due to one other mafioso

Night 4:
Mafia kills Duckay
Duckay kills Jackslack
Preacher blocks Jackslack, which doesn't work due to one other mafioso

And for those interested, here are the 'letters' each class received to signal what faction they belonged to:

Hello, dark one. You are a member of the shadow. Many call us thieves, assassins, the lowest of the low. But we prefer to think of ourselves as people who knows what must be done to keep the peace. In fact, we are the ones who organized the get-together. Many don't realize just how much is at stake here. The hatred has begun to fester among the factions. And if not kept in check, it could lead to a massive conflict.

You are free to do whatever necessary to resolve this as quickly and well as possible, by any means. As such,. you are acting as a vigilante. You are a member of the 'town' and wish to help them win. You may kill up to one other person a night. Also worth noting, we have... 'fudged' your history. If you are investigated via the computer, you will show up as a peacekeeper. However, if you are spotted committing the acts, then you will be known as a killing role. Be wise with your choices, and may your blade be swift. (And if you have any questions, feel free to ask me).

------------------------------------

You are a member of the rules faction. You've been brought in to help keep the peace in this volatile time. We chose you for a number of reasons. But the important part is that you need to keep the peace. You will help guide decisions of the group. Good luck with your task.

(This is the same role as a basic town member. You have no abilities, and win when the 'mafia' is defeated. Good luck.)

Hello, fellow truth-seeker. We've been informed that there is a potential threat on the negotiations. There are those who might attempt to take yours, or others, lives. As such, you are expected to locate and identify these individuals, allowing the group to neutralize the threat. This fact should not deter you from working to achieve the end goal of the summit. But you have been warned.

(So basically, you're the town's detective.)

-------------------------------------------

Sibling of the religious faction, we wish you well on your trip to the summit. While we would like to expect peace with the other factions, we must ask you keep our interest in mind in your negotiations. You have been trusted with a heavy burden. It is one you must shoulder alone, we're afraid. Thankfully, your training should have included the ability to heal others in case of an emergency. Use these powers for the greater good. We have faith in you.

(Basically, you're the town doctor)

---------------------------------

Child of nature, you have been chosen to go into the summit that is being held for the various factions to decide upon a path. While we are opposed to steering away the true nature of sentient beings from their natural path, it is with our blessing that you are sent to this place. We wish you safe travels.

(You are a Neutral Role. You win as long as you're alive when another group wins.)

--------------------------------------

You are a follower of multiple factions. Your goal in this summit is to help the other factions come together, allowing them to continue living in unity. Your skill with the various factions has granted you the ability to neutralize someone without much trouble. However, you can only work on one a night, and as such are limited in your scope. Good luck.

(You are the town neutralizer]/b]. You may prevent one other player from going through with an action each night. But be warned, it will not work on groups.)

Greetings. This is the leader of the factionless sect Omega. We are attempting to disrupt and destroy the factions. In doing so, we hope to create a world of individuals. Not people devoted to one idea or end goal, but to allow people to be free in their choices. You have been sent with two others to accomplish this goal. You will be in contact with one another during the night. You may choose to kill one person per night. This will allow you to work with less risk of being detected. We recommend beginning with the one who is holding the event, as this will cause the most disturbance. If you are successful in eliminating the others, you will be extracted before the rescue crews are able to get in. Congratulations on this risky, but fulfilling assignment.

(You are [b]the mafia
. Go kill some folk.)

------------------------

The universe is a beautiful place. But war and discontent can only serve to sully what has been building for eons. If the factions fight, there will be consequences. Losses or changes to culture that will only lower us in the end. We must rise above our aggressive natures and seek peace. This is why you have been sent to bring our word to others. We wish you luck in the spreading of our seed.

(You are a member of the beautiful faction, which is a regular town role.)
Preacher

Postby Preacher » 17 May 2014, 15:48

Bugger. Ah well. It was a good game. And Memo, you won. That's what happened. You also lost. That happened as well.

Edit: It's also good to know that every single one of my blocks was negated. That makes me feel happy
Last edited by Preacher on 17 May 2014, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.

Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 17 May 2014, 15:53

Good game. I'm glad my sacrifice did not go to waste.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 17 May 2014, 16:55

Preacher wrote:Bugger. Ah well. It was a good game. And Memo, you won. That's what happened. You also lost. That happened as well.

Edit: It's also good to know that every single one of my blocks was negated. That makes me feel happy

To be fair, the role blocker is kind of a trap role if it's not in the Mafia. The only person you could have hit when there were multiple mafia still alive was Duckay, which only really have mattered when she hit Korvys. If Jam had been killed before Jack, you actually would have put in some solid work. That said, if it had come down to you and Jam somehow, we would have had a stalemate. He couldn't have killed you, and neither would have voted to lynch yourself.

I'll also say that the investigation aspect turned into a trap, just as I'd kind of intended. The mafia used it to buy themselves time, much like a no-lynch day. It's a lot easier to get people behind investigating someone than it is getting people behind a lynch of no-lynch.

One thing that kind of confused me... how come nobody called Jack out on the fact he was like 'I believe you're the doctor. But I'm still going to waste a day by investigating you anyways.' That seemed to be a pretty odd choice to me. Though that could have been from the fact I was playing from a knowing perspective.
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 17 May 2014, 20:04

So my plan was to keep a low profile, which seemed to work. Despite not saying anything, I was paying attention the whole time. People would mention me from time to time, but went after others. I would have spoken up on day 3, with hopefully enough info to work out who was who, but unfortunately Duckay decided to take me out.

Could have gone better.
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Duckay

Postby Duckay » 17 May 2014, 20:37

Yeah... I was honestly thinking you were absent and I wanted to refine down to people who were actively participating in the thread.

The only person I was sure I was suspicious of was JackSlack.

Return to “Video Games”