Mafia Poll!

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.

Which one?

Cards on the Table Mafia, Non-Bastard
33%
Cards on the Table Mafia, Slight-Bastard
No votes
Heaven and Hell Mafia, Full-Bastard
67%

Total votes: 9
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Mafia Poll!

Postby JackSlack » 16 May 2014, 23:06

OK, so I suddenly had a new mafia game idea. You know me. I love my experiments.

So, here's my question. I can run one of three games next.

The first is Cards on the Table Mafia. As the name suggests, the cards are on the table. I will inform the group how many mafia there are. How many investigators. How many doctors and townsfolk. The only thing secret here is who is who. This could be run with any number of players. This game would be non-bastard.

The second is a slight variant of Cards on the Table. The idea here is that there are sixteen roles... regardless of how many players we have. I randomly assign all the roles, meaning a number will be left 'in the discards' so to speak, and one of the roles randomly assigned will be someone who can 'look through the discards'. Who may, of course, just wind up in the discard pile. That's technically bastard, but it's very LIGHT bastard.

The last is super fucking bastard. Heaven and Hell Mafia pits a massively large group of angels against a very small group of demons. Everyone starts in heaven. The demons have the ability to chain angels, eliminating them from the game entirely. But the angels have the ability to vote one person into hell... a separate game thread. There, those sent to Hell now have to vote on who is obliterated. This creates the nasty possibility of two demons getting sent to hell first... and promptly obliterating each angel the moment they get there. Eep. Needless to say, bastard as h... anything, but potentially interesting. I'd need twenty odd players for it to work, I think, however, so it may be impractical.

Which idea do people like?

(Edit: Fixed up my wording on H&H Mafia.)
Last edited by JackSlack on 16 May 2014, 23:31, edited 1 time in total.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Re: Mafia Poll!

Postby Jamfalcon » 16 May 2014, 23:28

The third one sounds really neat, but mafia interest seems to be in a bit of a dip number-wise, at the moment. Still, wouldn't hurt to put out the call and see if you can get that many people.

As for the other two, I like the second option a bit more. It might be confusing and haphazard to play, but if the players really take advantage with role claiming strategies, there are a lot of options available, though it might make actually figuring out who's who very difficult.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 16 May 2014, 23:30

Jamfalcon: Sneakily, I'm using this poll to see if the numbers are there for H&H as well. ;)
Hepheastus
First Video: Unskippable- Lost Planet

Postby Hepheastus » 19 May 2014, 01:12

That sounds interesting, I'm game
Discere linguam Latinam fuit perditio tempore in schola

Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a Fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a Fruit Salad

What do you call two crows? Attempted murder

Return to “Video Games”