E3 - 2014

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
aeric90
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

E3 - 2014

Postby aeric90 » 09 Jun 2014, 05:07

It's that time of year again. Speculation, reactions, frustrations and the like will go here.

I'm really hoping for some good PS Vita announcements. I love the hell out of mine and I would love to see some good software for it instead of it just becoming an expensive PS4 accessory.

Also I'm surprisingly interested in Destiny despite not being at all a Halo fan.

What are you hoping to see?

EDIT: How could I have forgotten Persona 5?! PERSONA 5!!!
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Re: E3 - 2014

Postby Lord Hosk » 09 Jun 2014, 05:26

OH MY GOD I LEARNED ABOUT A THING THAT A COMPANY TOLD THE PRESS ABOUT!

ITS SO AWESOME!

im not in any way shape or form a early adopter, I got I-phone 3gs when the Iphone 5 came out because it was free with a two year contract, I got a X-box after the 360 had been out for a couple years.

I have never understood the hype or excitement surrounding E3. Either people are talking about something that will be coming out soon, that the internet told them 6 months ago about. or a company is telling you about the cool prototype they have which will fail to meet expectations in its consumer form two to three years from now.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 09 Jun 2014, 07:33

I miss the Unskippable specials for E3 trailers.

The only thing I like about E3 are the trailers.

I don't own a console.
I own a 2DS but the only games I've ever enjoyed are the Pokemon Games. And that information is released in other means. Golden Sun isn't big enough in Westland to warrant a E3 release.

Blizzard announces stuff at Blizzcon. Minor stuff like Hearthstone are at Mediaconventions.

My system isn't great enough to run cutting edge PC games.

So I don't have invested interest in the E3. Only when Checkpoint talks about it or pretty trailers about games with terrible names appear on Escapist.
Foxmar
First Video: The Break

Postby Foxmar » 09 Jun 2014, 08:28

Don't own a Xbox One or PS4 so don't care about those. Would like some good PC game announcements or even ports from the consoles to PC.

Also more Wii U games plz!
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 09 Jun 2014, 08:56

Never cared about E3 as a whole but I do like having the footnotes. An hour to try to oversell something drives me insane when they've explained it in the first minute.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 09 Jun 2014, 09:23

I enjoy the gossip that follows it.

And I enjoy reading one of my friend's over passionate vents or praises in my Facebook feed.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 09 Jun 2014, 09:34

I like not watching any of the streams and just trying to figure out what's been announced purely from the snarky tweets. Makes for an interesting week.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Lurkon
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby Lurkon » 09 Jun 2014, 10:34

I really want to know basically anything about Persona 5. The reason I had to buy a PS3.
Do a Pivot Table!

"Cover me in lube and call me an athlete!" ~ Kathleen De Vere
guidance
First Video: Omni-Lingual

Postby guidance » 09 Jun 2014, 19:55

"My scythe--I like to keep it next to where my heart used to be"
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 09 Jun 2014, 20:09

Yay! Now I can play it for once. Don't have a PS4, but I have a Vita.
ArchieO
First Video: Punct-uation

Postby ArchieO » 10 Jun 2014, 00:44

Well I got what I wanted; a bit of Witcher 3 Gameplay which I am PSYCHED for, it looks fantastic.
All my current Commander Decks
I stream Magic http://www.twitch.tv/acowen Tune in for EDH Fun Times!
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 10 Jun 2014, 01:13

Well certain games I am interested in are still being released. That's reassuring.
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 10 Jun 2014, 01:25

This was the first time ever I watched some of the conferences, because NerdCubed was in his twitch chat to be snarky with fans and everything.

Has E3 always been just a string of trailers or was that just the parts I watched? It felt more like a commercials festival than a platform to talk about all things gaming.
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

ArchieO

Postby ArchieO » 10 Jun 2014, 01:31

RedNightmare that is exactly what it is. E3 is an industry event aimed at selling the games to GAME or GameStop or EB. It is not aimed at the average gamer, thats one of the reasons PAX has been so successful because that is aimed at gamers not the industry.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 10 Jun 2014, 01:50

Assassin's Creed Unity looks like Les Miserables. With Assassins. This actually kind of pleases me.
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 10 Jun 2014, 02:57

Les Miserable Assassins
empath

Postby empath » 10 Jun 2014, 05:21

Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:Les Miserable Assassins

...so it's a synopsis of the whole series, then? ;)

But yeah, E3 'isn't for us'; it's not "Hey customers - get ready to buy this game we're gonna release next year!", but "Hey retailers - get ready to place orders for this game your customers are gonna want, since the whole brick-and-mortar distribution system needs weeks and months to get pressed and packaged games from the publishers out onto store shelves"

Just another reason why I feel looking on E3 is like going to Colonial Williamsburg or similar...
aeric90

Postby aeric90 » 10 Jun 2014, 05:22

If there's any justice in the world they will put Russel Crowe in the game and give you a mission to assassinate him before he attempts to sing.
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 10 Jun 2014, 05:38

So far, Unity has done nothing to particularly surprise me- new and retarded weapons, a combat system that hasn't changed much and a multiplayer feature I won't use. The new urban environments look pretty cool and they've tweaked the freerunning engine slightly, but I'll need to see something more before it impresses me.

Having said that, I'm a massive AC fanboy, so I'll probably get it anyway.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Lurkon
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby Lurkon » 10 Jun 2014, 05:51

Aww, I can no longer leech strength from the tears of the people who wanted a PC version of GTA V.
Do a Pivot Table!

"Cover me in lube and call me an athlete!" ~ Kathleen De Vere
ArchieO

Postby ArchieO » 10 Jun 2014, 06:13

Honestly, I'm kinda over GTA V, if it had come out on PC at launch i might have bought it, now I honestly probably won't. This is what you get if you make people wait a year, the hype goes away...
empath

Postby empath » 10 Jun 2014, 07:25

The market is kinda saturated, really - I've got piles of other games that I already own to get to before I can consider spending more money on a AAA title that just released...

...in all honesty, I think that E3 is getting too much public attention; it's getting its message out to the wrong people. I mean, when's the last time you got all in a tizzy about a product unveiled at CES?

Once again I BLAME THE MEDIA; feeding us stuff we shouldn't be eating. :lol:
Volafortis
First Video: I am a spam bot.

Postby Volafortis » 10 Jun 2014, 08:33

Nothing new has caught my eye. I don't know, maybe I'm just disillusioned with video gaming in general at this point, but the only games I'm excited for are ones I already knew were coming.

I'm excited for Dragon Age: Inquisition, hoping it's good like Dragon Age Origins was, excited for Star Citizen, hoping to hear something about Persona 5... and that's about it for now. There are a few more games I'll probably keep an eye on, like the new Star Wars Battlefront, and the Witcher 3, but, again, games I knew were coming, and all sequels, except Star Citizen.

Ehh... I haven't ever felt this distinctly and resoundingly uninterested with so many of the new releases. Honestly, I wouldn't have even known the PS4 and Xbox One had released had it not been posted everywhere, not because I'm unimpressed with the new hardware (even though I honestly am) but because, well, look at these game lineups... Reissued and repackaged games with an extra half hour of bonus content and high-res textures, or sequels as far as the eye can see.

What few "new IPs" are coming out look like they're simply new names being given to games I've already played. I didn't feel any excitement when the Wii U, Xbox One, or PS4 were announced. The release dates came and went and I didn't feel even so much as curious about them, I just sort of noticed they were out, and felt completely comfortable in not having any of them, and now it's been half a year and I'm started to get irritated, if only because I'm afraid I'm just losing interest in video gaming in general, and I don't want to lose video games :(

At least I'm still getting excited about tabletop games and Magic.

Please tell me this is just some massive slump in game releases, and I'm not alone in this feeling. I really don't want to be losing my interest in video games. This is the first E3 I've ever felt so disconnected from everything announced in such a significant way.
ArchieO

Postby ArchieO » 10 Jun 2014, 09:06

The problem is that publishers think that graphics have to get shinier and shinier and so they have to pump more and more money into games so that makes new IPs a very risky proposition.

It would seem we have very similar tastes in excitement! DA:I i am hoping will be sweet and as one of the few people who liked DA:2 i doubt I'll be disappointed. Psyched for Witcher 3 and Star Citizen although I doubt that we will see anything from SC at E3. What is the point for them, they are self published and as far as I know there won't be a retail copy so there is literally no need for them to be there, just a waste of money.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 10 Jun 2014, 09:07

The Witcher 3 has made me feel I have to try again to get the controls down in The Witcher 2. After I had JUST learned them in The Witcher 1, they HAD to change them to be something stupid.

Must control bad controls to get amazing story.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.

Return to “Video Games”