Games You Would Like To See Remastered

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Ladsworld
First Video: Friday Nights

Games You Would Like To See Remastered

Postby Ladsworld » 13 Apr 2016, 17:28

Whether it be a game from your childhood or one you just think needs a touch-up, what games do you want to see remastered?
My List:
Mario and Luigi, Superstar Saga and/or Super Mario RPG (SS is more likely, but eh. A man can dream.)
Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku 2 (This one is almost ASSUREDLY not happening, but this game is really underrated. Try it out.)
Mega Man 2 (Mega Man Powered Up was great, and apparently this was going to happen, but didn't fall through. C'mon, Capcom!)
Last edited by Ladsworld on 15 Apr 2016, 12:24, edited 1 time in total.
Chat Name: DrChillbrain
Tacos_yay
First Video: Crapshots

Re: Games You Would Like To See Remastered

Postby Tacos_yay » 13 Apr 2016, 20:45

The only one I want to see Is a Re-Remastering of Skies of Arcadia, Optimally on the PC. FF9 is disqualified because the remaster is in production and will hit Steam this year.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 14 Apr 2016, 00:49

Magic and Mayhem. An interesting RTS game with RPG elements where you choose which spells to go into battle.
Awesome music.

Let down by its frame rate feeling very awkward by today's standard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k99XUnaevRA

I came across the game when I was trying to find out a mystery game I had played (Baldur's Gate). I saw the screenshot of this game and tries the demo, and loved it. This game IS my childhood. It is the first FULL PC game I ever owned. Thinking about the time I was given it for my birthday and the slow painful installation fills me with excitement, even now.

---

I would like it if they combined elements from the first and second game. As in, add the additional creatures from the second game, and add the "improved rank" system. In both games, a summon can level up after killing enough enemies and gain bonus stats. In the 2nd game, they also gain access to abilities.
Antitonic
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Antitonic » 14 Apr 2016, 05:07

Tacos_yay wrote:The only one I want to see Is a Re-Remastering of Skies of Arcadia, Optimally on the PC. FF9 is disqualified because the remaster is in production and will hit Steam this year.

Now, when you say "this year"...
Tacos_yay
First Video: Crapshots

Postby Tacos_yay » 14 Apr 2016, 09:44

Apparently it came out today, mere hours after I posted here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/377840/
Robo4900

Postby Robo4900 » 14 Apr 2016, 10:40

Ladsworld wrote:Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku 2 (This one is almost ASSUREDLY not happening, bu this game is really underrated. Try it out.)

YES! THIS! VERY MUCH THIS!
I've always thought they should get all three games in that series, port them to an improved version of the Legacy Of Goku 3 engine, and release them all together as one cart for the 3DS. It would be great! (And, more importantly, Legacy Of Goku 1 would finally be playable)

Anyway, as for mine:
  • Jazz Jackrabbit - The reason I've never been able to get into the Sonic games is because Jazz did that style of game much better. The original has always had superior gameplay to the sequel, but the wider availability and fact it runs natively on Windows(Jazz 1 requires DOSBox) has sidelined the original to a certain extent. It would be great to see this game come back in HD with the music rerecorded using real instruments(Or at least, using better samples), and digitally available.
  • Tyrian - The best scrolling shooter of all time. It would be great to have it on a modern platform with enhanced graphics.
  • Rayman Forever/Gold - The first Rayman game. It already looks beautiful at 320x240, so imagine what it would look like in full HD! And of course, if it was remastered, they'd be able to make the PC version run smoothly(And they'd be able to include all the PC version's extra levels in the console version, too!).
  • Rayman 2: Revolution - This and Mario 64 revolutionised 3D platforming. It's been ported to basically every platform known to man, but every modern port is based on the Dreamcast version, meaning they're missing out on all the bonus content from the PS2 version. And of course, the graphics for every version of Rayman 2 are VERY out of date.
  • The Neverhood - A fantastic game made entirely in claymation, but due to the limited technology of 1996, compression artifacts are everywhere. Also, it has some difficulties running on modern OSes. Remastering this would probably be quite expensive, as they'd have to put the engine together again, re-digitise all the animation footage, etc., so I guess the closest we'll get to this is Armikrog.
  • Deus Ex - Widely considered one of the greatest games of all time, but it's aged REALLY poorly.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 14 Apr 2016, 13:02

One that I'd like to see a port of would be Paper Mario Thousand Year Door onto the 3DS. I was reading an interview about Sticker Star where, after the E3 showing, one of the big Nintendo executives said it looked too much like TTYD and to change it... reading that made me very sad.

Similarly, I would like to see a remaster of Super Mario Sunshine. It actually is a really cool game, world, and a decent plot. There's a lot of neat things it did. But it's physics seemed very wonky while watching Beej replay it. Leading to infamous things like the Pachinko machine. Plus, that game in HD would look beautiful much like Wind Waker did.
unpronounceable
First Video: A Stitch in Time

Postby unpronounceable » 14 Apr 2016, 14:03

A lot of the games I'm particularly fond of, I like the originals, dated visuals and all. DKC2 is one of my favourite platformers, but the graphics have aged terribly. Even so, I wouldn't change them at all.

One game I can think of is Blast Corps. It's was a near launch title for the N64 that was about destroying buildings. It had a bunch of level design problems, but I don't know if there's another game I've played that enables wanton destruction without murder like it does.

For remasters of games I just want to play on a modern platformer, the ones that come to mind are game where I'd be alright with a remaster, or a new game in that series. Custom Robo, and F-Zero both come to mind for that.
Ladsworld

Postby Ladsworld » 15 Apr 2016, 12:23

unpronounceable wrote:One game I can think of is Blast Corps

YES! THIS! SO MUCH THIS!
Robo4900 wrote:I've always thought they should get all three games in that series, port them to an improved version of the Legacy Of Goku 3 engine, and release them all together as one cart for the 3DS. It would be great! (And, more importantly, Legacy Of Goku 1 would finally be playable)

Now when you say Legacy of Goku 3, do you mean Buu's Fury?
Robo4900

Postby Robo4900 » 17 Apr 2016, 05:28

Ladsworld wrote:Now when you say Legacy of Goku 3, do you mean Buu's Fury?

Yep. Unless there's a mysterious other Legacy of Goku game I'm not aware of?
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Aeralis
First Video: enn: Nerd Flu

Postby Aeralis » 17 Apr 2016, 15:57

There are a lot of games on my list, but let's get real and admit that the one true answer is Secret of Mana. Restore all of the huge amount of cut content, clean up the bugs, rebalance the magic system, and add in online multiplayer.

Prettier graphics and an orchestrated score would also be great, but honestly, it's a travesty that we've gone this long in the Era of the Remake and we still only have the one version of Secret of Mana that is basically only half of the game it was supposed to be.
Trippzen
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Trippzen » 18 Apr 2016, 10:27

For a while I could only think of games that I wouldn't want to see remastered. I guess I'm more of a purist than I thought I was, or maybe it's just the cynic in me.

But then I realized: Xenogears. I want Xenogears remastered. I played Xenosaga and Xenoblade and I don't care about either series. But Xenogears? I don't care how much it costs to make or purchase, I want Xenogears with a finished second half of the game.
Trippzen or Scy
Battle.net: Scy#1617
WoW: Scy (US-Proudmoore)
Ladsworld

Postby Ladsworld » 18 Apr 2016, 14:03

Robo4900 wrote:
Ladsworld wrote:Now when you say Legacy of Goku 3, do you mean Buu's Fury?

Yep. Unless there's a mysterious other Legacy of Goku game I'm not aware of?

No, there isn't, but you saying Legacy Of Goku 3 made me think there was a mysterious 4th game.
Mothra Fighter
First Video: Ways to Survive the Recession

Postby Mothra Fighter » 19 Apr 2016, 10:50

A remastered version of the original Deus Ex is a good idea.

I'd like to see the Myth series, especially Myth: the Fallen Lords and Myth II: Soulblighter, remastered. Hell, even having the original version of those games legally released via a digital platform, like GoG, would be nice!
Giuchie, giuchie, ya ya dada. - Abraham Lincoln, probably

Return to “Video Games”