Omega Lairon productions presents...

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Omega Lairon productions presents...

Postby Omega Lairon » 17 Jun 2016, 20:56

I've never been good at self-promotion... I never had much reason to practice at it, so I never got a good feel for where that line between "acceptable" and "annoying and rude" is. I feel that there might be some messy self esteem issues at play too... like, "am I interesting enough that people would want to hear what I have to offer, or are they just going to be ticked off that I wasted their time?" My brain is weird like that

Nevertheless, I've been planning a special event for a little while now, and while I'd be forging ahead with my super ill-advised course of action regardless, I figured that just this once, I should probably at least try to get the word out on some level.

WHAT IS!?
A super size 24-hours stream of Final Fantasy 8 (aka: that one that had the weird magic/levelling system and a bunch of people aren't really fond of... but I already did FF7 last time, so I can't just play that again)

WHEN IS!?
The madness kicks off at around 8:00pm on Friday, June 24 (AEST, which is also GMT+10. Consult your timezone converting website of choice for local times). I also have this handy dandy countdown clock thingummy. (<- is link. Click the thing ^_^ )

WHERE IS!?
It all goes down live on www.twitch.tv/omega_lairon . Be there or don't... I'm not the president of your decisions.

WHYYYYYY!?
*shrug* Why do I do anything I do? I thought it'd be fun and stupid, so why not? And yes, I remember how the FF7 stream left me a zombified husk for the better part of the following days... I guess I just have really s***ty pattern recognition and figure it won't happen this time.

CLOSING REMARKS?
Just a heads up, I've played FF8 multiple times, and will be talking straight up plot spoilers basically from the get-go... no lrrEFF's given. Also, be prepared for lots of dumping on Rinoa's character / story role / big dumb stupid face / very existence.

And no, Squall does not die at the end of disk 1... that's stupid.

Finally, I guess I'll also be taking suggestions for character and GF names. Keep it classy, and no swears (well... I will probably use swears for Rinoa's name).

Anyway, thanks for putting up with my thoroughly pointless spam - hope to see some of your friendly faces during the streamathon.

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Re: Omega Lairon productions presents...

Postby TStodden » 17 Jun 2016, 23:39

For those who are too lazy do to the time zone math OR clicking on the link...

8:00 PM AEST (GMT+10)
10:00 AM GMT / UTC, aka "Internet Time"
6:00 AM EDT (GMT-5)
3:00 AM PDT (GMT-7), aka "Moonbase Time"

I'm sorry that I won't be able to drop in until the 18.5/19-hour mark due to work (& traffic)... but I could hang on to the (near) end.
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)

Return to “Video Games”