Help me gamify all these emotions!

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Amake
First Video: Le Cafe

Help me gamify all these emotions!

Postby Amake » 06 Nov 2016, 18:47

So I'm going to try making a simple game about relationships in a small rural village. The idea I have for making a conversation simulator where you can switch between controlling both characters involved is to give the player character a limited number of general-purpose dialogue options and then you have to carefully listen to your NPC's response. The worry I have is how close to basic human thoughts and feelings and priorities this list of keyboard commands are:

Indicate mood:
1: Lost
2: Sad
3: Frustrated
4: Afraid
5: Disgusted
6: Happy
7: Surprised
8: Impetuous
9: Agreeable
0: Unknown

(I'm hoping I won't kill myself programming NPC responses for combinations of two emotions at once.)

Say:
U: How are you?
I: What do you want to do?
O: What can I do?
P: Penny for your thoughts.
H: Yes.
J: No.
K: Help.
L: I don't know.
V: Come.
B: Leave.
N: Be honest.
M: Lie.

Now, this is just an outline written at 3:30 in the morning, so please don't be afraid to tell me how messed up it is. I'd welcome any suggestions or discussions of how to improve, simplify and/or complicate these controls. As for the game's characters, plot, setting, art direction and all that jazz, hope you don't think me brusque but I'd like to focus on getting something done rather than talking about it.

*off to learn to use Unity*
"I know I tend to sound like I think what I say is written in stone, but please ignore that. I assure you I'm well aware that I have no idea what I'm talking about." -Amake, 2015
Amake
First Video: Le Cafe

Re: Help me gamify all these emotions!

Postby Amake » 07 Nov 2016, 12:36

Boy, how tired was I when any of this seemed like a good idea? Let's say no more of this thread while I simplify a lot of things.
"I know I tend to sound like I think what I say is written in stone, but please ignore that. I assure you I'm well aware that I have no idea what I'm talking about." -Amake, 2015

Return to “Video Games”