Game Ideas

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Game Ideas

Postby AdmiralMemo » 09 Mar 2017, 20:03

Since I couldn't find a thread related to this, I thought I'd start one: Game development ideas. Do you have an idea for a game but not the skills to make it? Would you like to see whether other people would be interested in playing the game that you thought of, which could help determine whether you should seek out game devs to possibly make/help make the game? Would you like to find out whether your game idea has already been made and you just failed to find it? Post it here!

To start off... Would you play a game where the protagonist is Krombopulos Michael from Rick & Morty? (Strawpoll)
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Re: Game Ideas

Postby Genghis Ares » 09 Mar 2017, 23:44

I've got a Google Doc with 27 different game ideas in various stages of realization.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 25 Jan 2018, 06:05

Here's a country I designed for a setting.

It sits in a sea ringed by mountains. The peaks are always covered in cloud. The mountains are impervious to damage. Those with the eagerness to explore beyond return in failure, if they return at all.
Aeralis
First Video: enn: Nerd Flu

Postby Aeralis » 28 Jan 2018, 13:37

I've got a notebook around here somewhere from when I had a sudden and intense desire to make something in RPG Maker. It was going to be a two-game creation myth series where the first game was you playing as the embodiments of the elements to create the world and the second would have been you playing as the embodiments of the stars to populate the world. It never really ended up going anywhere but I still play around with the ideas from time to time.
SixFootTurkey
First Video: PAX Prime '12 panel (recorded)

Postby SixFootTurkey » 14 Feb 2018, 20:19

I'm purely amateur, and have been meaning to learn to actual do the creation part of it, but I have various spreadsheets and notebooks around, as well as a bunch of mental notes. More recently I've been contemplating ideas on how to take a pretty standard 'boring' template and add diversity through theme.
rhona
First Video: papers, please

Postby rhona » 14 Apr 2018, 11:56

Yes, I assume everyone has thought of making one at some point in their lives. Unfortunately, I don't have the necessary skills in all aspects and the only thing I am actually good at is making the story and a little bit of art... LOL.
rhona

Postby rhona » 26 Apr 2018, 03:03

I am thinking of a MMORPG but puzzle/escape game. Where players can help each other to find their way out of the dungeons. But I think we need to make different kind of dungeons since once they already finish a dungeon. They can escape to it easily on their next try.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 27 Apr 2018, 09:45

It would suffer from Portal 2 multiplayer in that regard.
Is there a way to randomly generate the dungeons but the end result still feel fun?
rhona

Postby rhona » 02 May 2018, 02:33

Randomly generate the dungeons will be great but I think the script will be difficult for that case. I'm not sure but you have a great idea there Merrymaker.

Return to “Video Games”