Hot Water at PAX

Talk about commodoreHUSTLE, LRR's continuing web series.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Re: Hot Water at PAX

Postby Darkobra » 13 Apr 2010, 14:14

Graham wrote:We'll be putting the proposal video up here, for nostalgia, but it doesn't need to be on The E forever.

Thanks Graham. I read through all the posts and felt like I missed a huge event there. I was actually wondering why there was no stinger this time and thought "Maybe it's a Hustle thing?" Now I know...

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to say again: Congratulations Wraith and Siobhan!
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
awesomejeka
First Video: First Unskippable episode

Postby awesomejeka » 13 Apr 2010, 17:48

YAY! CONGRATS! I'm a day late, and I don't know either of you, but CONGRATS ANYWAY!!
Jhon

Postby Jhon » 14 Apr 2010, 05:41

So I just have one question about this video. Where/when did Kathleen shower?
Lisra
First Video: Commodore Hustle 4

Postby Lisra » 14 Apr 2010, 05:50

Jhon wrote:So I just have one question about this video. Where/when did Kathleen shower?

Logic dictates after the guys or at Matt's room. Graham probably couldn't think of something funny with it, so it wasn't shown.. I guess?
Adulthood can go fuck itself.
I'm not a girl. (:
wartjr2373
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wartjr2373 » 14 Apr 2010, 07:41

I'm pretty sure Kathleen was opposed to it.
Just call me Dylan. It's easier to pronounce.

Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 14 Apr 2010, 08:57

Considering what happened with Kathleengate, I'm pretty sure anything involving Kathleen and a shower would have irreparably broken the Escapist forums.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 14 Apr 2010, 11:48

I know it's a bit later than everyone else, but better late than never right? Congratulations you two, Wraith and TheRocketSiobhan! Or is it Matt and Siobhan? So happy for you both/four(?). X)

Also, great video guys. I totally didn't expect Matt to have gone and not told anyone (possibly because I am dense XP), and was expecting something to have happened to him in the shower... But hey, that just made the punchline funnier. XD
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 14 Apr 2010, 17:48

I'm not telling you guys how to do your job or anything, but the internetz more Wraith proposal, especially since I didn't get to see it.

In other words, DO IT NOAW!!
Image Image Image
sloth42
First Video: Unskipable

Postby sloth42 » 14 Apr 2010, 18:43

Congratulations!

I'm also agreeing with Sieg, those of us who didn't get a chance to watch the video on the first day really want to see the proposal. Be sure to let us know when it's up on the site somewhere.

Loved the video overall. Of course Kathleen can't hold it just five minutes longer!
Vohn_exel
First Video: commodoreHUSTLE 04 - Fixer

Postby Vohn_exel » 15 Apr 2010, 23:26

Yeah I missed the proposal, but oh well, it wasn't for me to see, lol. Congrats you guys, may you have lots of happy times :)

Also, this is cool. My first video was a CH, so it's interesting to watch this one, which was really cool.
The Square Root of Nine is Three!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 16 Apr 2010, 09:52

It says "fuck" now, so you guys know.
Ottoman

Postby Ottoman » 16 Apr 2010, 12:23

Sig'd.

How much convincing did that take, anyway?
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 16 Apr 2010, 13:48

Not really any. It shouldn't really have been there to begin with.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 16 Apr 2010, 20:33

By the way, I totally used an "Eat a bowl of dicks" on my brother today, in front of my mom. The only thing that made it better is my mom's reaction was to say "just a bowl?"
Kyogissun
First Video: Three PS3's or one of the X ways to Y

Postby Kyogissun » 17 Apr 2010, 13:14

Graham wrote:Not really any. It shouldn't really have been there to begin with.

Twas curious about that. It's like, 'Wait, you guys couldn't get away with Fuck?'

Not that I was concerned but it did seem out of place for that bleep to be there...

By the way, since Tim mentioned he did actually steamroll over the other crew members, that makes me wonder, just 'how much' content is captured and is originally intended to be on the video, but gets cut/edited because it's on the escapist?

It's not that I'm bothered, I'm assuming at some point we'll see them as like deleted scenes on the Vol. 5 and cH DVD, but I figured there's lots of funny stuff you guys have to cut nowadays that while not necessary to make the video work, would still be entertaining to LRR viewers.
Currently Playing: Skyrim (Dawnguard), Bunch of Shit on Steam (Blame the Summer Sale), Tales of Graces f
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Torchlight II

I attend (almost) every FNM at Millenium Games in Henrietta.

Steam: OhYouFoal
XBL GT: Kyogissun
Ottoman

Postby Ottoman » 17 Apr 2010, 16:36

We were told that LRR was keeping FULL creative control over their videos on the Escapist, so there shouldn't be anything taken out that wouldn't otherwise be there.

The Escapist has no power to censor LRR videos. Apparently the beep over the 'fuck' was a mistake.
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 17 Apr 2010, 19:59

Kyogissun wrote:

Twas curious about that. It's like, 'Wait, you guys couldn't get away with Fuck?'

Not that I was concerned but it did seem out of place for that bleep to be there...

By the way, since Tim mentioned he did actually steamroll over the other crew members, that makes me wonder, just 'how much' content is captured and is originally intended to be on the video, but gets cut/edited because it's on the escapist?

It's not that I'm bothered, I'm assuming at some point we'll see them as like deleted scenes on the Vol. 5 and cH DVD, but I figured there's lots of funny stuff you guys have to cut nowadays that while not necessary to make the video work, would still be entertaining to LRR viewers.

The comic timing wouldn't have been as good if that shot had gotten drawn out longer. Timing is everything.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Kyogissun

Postby Kyogissun » 17 Apr 2010, 20:31

Tim wrote:
Kyogissun wrote:

The comic timing wouldn't have been as good if that shot had gotten drawn out longer. Timing is everything.

Ah I see, never thought of that. *nod nod*

@Ottoman: No no, I never meant that the ESCAPIST cut the stuff, I meant has Graham had to cut stuff from other videos that would have been originally in, but because the timing on the video itself went for longer than the usual Escapist video length... Which is normally between 5-8 minutes IIRC or something like that, cause I 'vaguely' remember hearing something a while back about how their video's can only be so long because they need them to end before being drawn out for too long.

Thus, I imagine there have been times since joining the escapist where they shot too much stuff and didn't get to either sneak it in at the end or something like that.

Mind you if this question has been answered elsewhere, please direct me. :D

Though concerning fuck being censored, I imagined from the get go it was a mistake. :P
Currently Playing: Skyrim (Dawnguard), Bunch of Shit on Steam (Blame the Summer Sale), Tales of Graces f

Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 17 Apr 2010, 20:36

Pretty sure that with LRR, the time constraints are much looser, and LRR videos are generally under 5/6 minutes in length anyways. While previous CHs have being longer, that turned out to be too much work, so they're being cut back regardless. Considering this was shot on the other side of the continent with a script written on the plane flight, that it's as long (and good) as it was is a testament to the skills of the crew.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 17 Apr 2010, 22:46

They don't tell us what to put in or not, or what to cut.
We have complete control.

Tim did steamroller everyone, as an ad-lib while filming, and everyone cracked up, so it wasn't usable.
We don't leave a lot on the floor as we've gotten fairly good at shooting what needs to be shot and no more. Unless it's hilarious, then it goes in.
Kyogissun

Postby Kyogissun » 18 Apr 2010, 01:54

Graham wrote:They don't tell us what to put in or not, or what to cut.
We have complete control.

Tim did steamroller everyone, as an ad-lib while filming, and everyone cracked up, so it wasn't usable.
We don't leave a lot on the floor as we've gotten fairly good at shooting what needs to be shot and no more. Unless it's hilarious, then it goes in.

Damn it Tim! Why did you have to make everyone laugh? Seeing someone like you CRUSH the other weakling crew members before your might ruined by your pure talent and genuine hilarity! D<

It's good to hear that very little gets cut then, I never imagined the escapist having any involvement in editing, otherwise I figured you guys never would have bothered with the partnership, so knowing you adapted well means it's no longer a pointless and probably not that important thought on my mind. XD

Now the only thing that I will patiently lurk the forums for is the long awaited announcement of an eventual cHustle DVD. :o

aeric90

Postby aeric90 » 20 Apr 2010, 05:58

Tim just subtly mirroring Paul was much funnier... especially after totally screwing the pooch yesterday at work to watch the whole cHustle season from start to finish. Didn't quite get what was going on there untill the 'Stockholm' thing cleared it up.
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
King Rocky IV

Postby King Rocky IV » 24 Apr 2010, 13:38

Jhon wrote:So I just have one question about this video. Where/when did Kathleen shower?

In the ice bucket.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 24 May 2010, 05:48

Vigafre wrote:Yeah, my bad. But hey, consolation, I did it first.

Smiles?

Watching it over and over I am struck by how different the crew are acting. Tim is the most uncomfortable which is not surprising not the least because he was not back stage during LoadingReadyLIVE!. Paul looks the most comfortable while Graham looks like he is trying to be proper.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 25 May 2010, 03:39

I think they're all glad that Morgan wasn't there though. Or Bill, since due to the height differential, his crotch is more difficult to avoid.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.

Return to “commodoreHUSTLE”