Bros Clubbing Bros

Talk about commodoreHUSTLE, LRR's continuing web series.
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Re: Bros Clubbing Bros

Postby TomBrend » 21 Mar 2011, 19:39

I believe Graham, Kathleen, and Alex all live together in the realityverse, so yes.
patmccaw
First Video: The Job

Postby patmccaw » 21 Mar 2011, 20:21

Who's house is this filmed in, Jer's?

I ask because, crazy coincidance, I have exact same posters you can see at 2:53. They're even hung in the same order!

Get out of my head, LRR!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 21 Mar 2011, 20:48

That's the LRR Moonbase, actually. It's two floors, so the boardroom table is upstairs, and the area where Jer is sorting cards is downstairs, by the ENN set.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 21 Mar 2011, 20:49

Wolfenbarg wrote:Wait... is Graham living with Alex now in the Hustleverse?
We've been living together (for real, and in Hustle) since December 2009, so just over a year.
mew4ever23
First Video: Rejected Wii Play Games

Postby mew4ever23 » 21 Mar 2011, 21:10

Question - How exactly did you get that can in side the loaf of bread like that? did you actually bake a special loaf with a can-shaped hole, or was it just camera slight of hand?
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 21 Mar 2011, 21:18

I just figured the back was open, like stuffing a turkey.
Nirvana
First Video: Unskippable 01 - Lost Planet

Postby Nirvana » 21 Mar 2011, 21:29

mew4ever23 wrote:Question - How exactly did you get that can in side the loaf of bread like that? did you actually bake a special loaf with a can-shaped hole, or was it just camera slight of hand?

If you watch it when he opens the loaf, you can see a "flap" of the loaf on the bottom. So it looks like they cut a piece from the bottom, emptied a hole, fit the can inside, and then put the piece of bread from step 1 back in.
Check out my weekly WWE RAW reviews at http://www.RingsideAcademy.com
Chuckles
First Video: Omni-Lingual

Postby Chuckles » 21 Mar 2011, 21:45

I caught the Desert Bus Club Vest gag, so the climax really hit me hard.

I can't say I'm surprised this was made into a video, but I'd expected a Crapshot from it.

Also, a personal story concerning Bros and Clubbing:
I told one of my friends about the Club Vest gag during Desert Bus. He didn't understand. I then explained the Club Soda game. His face contorted into the most malicious looking grin - akin the the scene from The Grinch when he realizes how to finally silence all the Whos down in Whoville.

A few weeks pass, and I forget that I told him the story. He offers me a drink, since he's getting up to get himself one. (And obviously you see where this is going.)

He returns with a FRIGGIN' LITER OF CLUB SODA.

Which then proceeds to get thrown at me.

I thought Graham and Alex were just playing out the taste for comedic effect during Desert Bus. After an entire liter of Club Soda, I'm pretty sure my immune system now considers it a hostile intruder: a single mouthful now is enough to (not to be gross, just being honest) induce vomiting.
"Flat beer or a lumpy mattress. Take your pick."
"I'd prefer a flat mattress."
"Hmm.. Well, it could be done.. If I take the lumps out of the mattress, and put them in the beer, you'd have a flat mattress and a lumpy beer!"
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 21 Mar 2011, 21:57

A great video & a delight to see the continuation of CommodoreHUSTLE. It was also good to see some of the shenanigans I missed & only heard tell of during Desert Bus 4. I enjoyed this video tremendously.

That said, I must take issue with the camera work. A bit shakier than necessary, but the larger problem I saw was the blur. So much blur! If there's an over-the-shoulder shot it should at least be clear enough to see that it's a person in the foreground. I suspect this was all done intentionally so mostly I'm just curious as to why.

In short, great script, but shooting style didn't work.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 21 Mar 2011, 22:34

RLYoshi wrote:What's all this hubbub about Desert Bus? You say there was some sort of a club soda thing during it? Well, I hate myself for missing it.

It did come up quite a bit... from their explanations during desert bus, the Smirnoff Ice -> Ice tea -> Club Soda substitutions are all how it happened in real life. For the actual traps, I know at the very least, the trick coffee cup, and the distract-Alex-and-hide-one-under-his-hat ones came from there... probably most of the others too, when I wasn't watching.

I also saw the first of the back-and-forth block matches... someone in the chat asked whether you could counter-block a block, and this was declared funny enough to be acceptable. Naturally, next time Alex tried to get Jer (I think that's who it was, anyway), Jer blocked, and Alex counter-blocked, but of course Jer was there when the rule was made official too, and had a second block ready. And Alex was left with four sodas to drink. I can only imagine this escalated wildly.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
Triangular
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Triangular » 21 Mar 2011, 23:12

This is probably my favourite HUSTLE yet. Sweet job gang!
Also, nice haircut Jer.
Always speak your mind, those that matter wont mind,
and those that mind, don't matter
VanSlick
The Ever-Patient One
First Video: No idea

Postby VanSlick » 21 Mar 2011, 23:15

I, with very little exaggeration, nearly DIED watching this episode.
I was THERE for the desert bus, and seeing these be reenacted just made me lose it.

"I win."
~VanSlick

~Forum Rank: Loading...Loading...Loading...LOADED!~
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 21 Mar 2011, 23:47

I knew what was coming as soon as I saw the video title. I cracked up at the coffee cup and vest, since I saw both during Desert Bus.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Flewellyn

Postby Flewellyn » 22 Mar 2011, 03:37

TomBrend wrote:
Flewellyn wrote:
Lyinginbedmon wrote:Certainly one-upmanship competitions are a very easy thing to a) stretch into a reasonable-length episode and b) make funny, so sort of makes sense they'd be a kind of "goto"

Yes, but as Paul could tell you, GOTO is considered harmful.

But as any computer engineer could tell you, GOTO CONSIDERED HARMFUL is considered harmful.

Yes, but as any computer scientist could tell you, "Considered Harmful" is considered silly.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 22 Mar 2011, 06:47

You know, this week I was able to watch on a decent computer and it seemed like I had the HD feed for some reason (even though I don't have a PubClub membership). Didn't seem so shaky to me, and actually I wanted to complemented you guys on the camerawork. Very fast, but everything seemed really sharp. Which camera did you use?

Also at the screening you guys indicated you had just wrapped up shooting some stuff for this vid that morning. What scene was it?
Septavius
Location: The friends to the south of our friends to the north

Postby Septavius » 22 Mar 2011, 07:42

Right off the bat it felt like a cHustle, but I was having my doubts by the time the intro popped up (that was a LONG cold open!) and made me glee.

Alex's manic delivery of "CAN YOU STEP?!" was delightful, though I feel the "come at me bro!" was probably unnecessary as a result. All of the club tricks were awesome. The one in the card shop and the trick coffee were probably my favorites. The "Baking soda and fizzy water" kinda got drawn out too much, but that's entirely subjective.
Jon Lock
First Video: Ways to X2Y

Postby Jon Lock » 22 Mar 2011, 07:46

I'm sorry, it's not just me, is it? Was the background music a commodore version of Sophie Ellis-Baxtor's "If This Ain't Love?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syOK6zmpOe0
Jon is the writer and creator of Afterlife Inc., Cuckoos, Orb and 99 Swords. He is also a co-founder of Big Punch Studios.

www.bigpunchstudios.com
@jonlockcomics
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 22 Mar 2011, 11:49

Jon Lock wrote:I'm sorry, it's not just me, is it? Was the background music a commodore version of Sophie Ellis-Baxtor's "If This Ain't Love?"
I guess it sounds kind of similar. The track I used is called "Brutal Clubbing", hence why I wanted to use it.

But it was done in 2002, and Groovejet came out in 2000, so it's possible.
andy25100
First Video: can't remember

Postby andy25100 » 22 Mar 2011, 11:58

Excellent episode and with the fake link :twisted: ,
Is feeling terribly happy, in england
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 22 Mar 2011, 11:59

It so is "this ain't love". I listened to that song non-stop when I was 11. Maybe they renamed the chiptuned version, but the tune itself is quite definately Bextor.
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist
Jon Lock
First Video: Ways to X2Y

Postby Jon Lock » 22 Mar 2011, 13:21

Graham wrote:But it was done in 2002, and Groovejet came out in 2000, so it's possible.

Hey though, nice little nostalgia-hit for the Brits out there.

I've always been partial to a tonic water, myself...
Jon is the writer and creator of Afterlife Inc., Cuckoos, Orb and 99 Swords. He is also a co-founder of Big Punch Studios.

www.bigpunchstudios.com
@jonlockcomics
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 22 Mar 2011, 13:54

metcarfre wrote:Also at the screening you guys indicated you had just wrapped up shooting some stuff for this vid that morning. What scene was it?

I'm going to guess the opening scene. On Graham's computer the blog post about the PAX East videos is visible, and it only went up on Thursday.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 22 Mar 2011, 16:37

Master Gunner wrote:
metcarfre wrote:Also at the screening you guys indicated you had just wrapped up shooting some stuff for this vid that morning. What scene was it?

I'm going to guess the opening scene. On Graham's computer the blog post about the PAX East videos is visible, and it only went up on Thursday.
Actually, the final scene, with all the countering.
We shot everything else on Saturday. Sorry we couldn't screen it on Sunday!
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 22 Mar 2011, 16:42

Yeah, cripes, I had to wait like 24 hours. Geez. :roll:
J. Edwards
First Video: Lock Out

Postby J. Edwards » 22 Mar 2011, 18:18

This video was terrific and knowing that it happened at Desert Bus makes me want to see the footage where Alex actually did that so badly. It sounds hilarious and I'm sorry I missed it the first time around. Has anyone found that video online?

Return to “commodoreHUSTLE”