Rarelywinter

Talk about commodoreHUSTLE, LRR's continuing web series.
Matt
LRR Crew

Rarelywinter

Postby Matt » 14 Nov 2011, 11:25

Jer finds that he has more free time with less LRR in his life.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/4968-Rarelywinter

-m

I am not angry at you.
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Re: Rarelywinter

Postby Vigafre » 14 Nov 2011, 11:29

So was this one not sponsored? Nothing against the quality of the episode, I'm just curious.

Regardless, I liked it.
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 14 Nov 2011, 11:33

HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
EnigmaHarper
First Video: Omni-Lingual

Postby EnigmaHarper » 14 Nov 2011, 11:38

So the No Monty Python rule doesn't apply to shirts? Cause otherwise I think Ryan should've brought a case with him then.
Anyone: Would you kindly <insert request> ?
Me: Great, now I can't refuse.
Nanosauromo
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby Nanosauromo » 14 Nov 2011, 11:38

Another cHustle in only two weeks? I am very appoint. And while I know nothing of D&D, I managed to find this episode quite funny.
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 14 Nov 2011, 11:50

If this one was indeed sponsored, then the advertising was worked in much better than last time.

Regardless of that aspect, though, the conversations among the D&D group felt slow, and not fluid at all; I think Jer and Dale's lines could and should have been snappier.
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
EikoandMog
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby EikoandMog » 14 Nov 2011, 12:55

I'm glad we get to see the return of DnD Jer. I share your pain with wanting to kick Orks in the balls, Graham. More dakka indeed.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 14 Nov 2011, 13:39

I'm really amused by how the people in the Escapist forum are all "Man, I'd play D&D more if my group were like this."

Wait, what? That's not the default way most games go? Because that's how MY RPGs work as intended.

(Plus, it's a nice coincidence, since I actually did get to run a game this weekend!)
Trymantha
First Video: Watchmen Watching

Postby Trymantha » 14 Nov 2011, 13:42

at the start of the vid when Paul was playing with the myr i was like i so totally have one of those, then i remembered where i brought it from >.<
Ok, for the record im a Guy

||tumblr||twitter||
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 14 Nov 2011, 13:43

I really liked the dynamic of Paul trying to fit in with a new group. Plus, that was an odd stinger, but still quite funny.
ElementalAlchemist
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Postby ElementalAlchemist » 14 Nov 2011, 13:58

Although I don't play D&D, I find your entire D&D group ... trying to play? trying not to play? a game quite hilarious. I don't know how to describe it in that way, but the whole focusing-on-unimportant-things-like-naming-the-dragon-statue thing was quite funny.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 14 Nov 2011, 13:59

I hate to be Mr Pedantic but while I applaud Graham's knowledge of 40K in that Orks reproduce from spores, I have to put my foot down on the assertion that Space Marines are grown in vats.

The original 20 primarchs were indeed grown in capsules, however modern day (as in the last few millenia) space marines are recruited in early adolescence from death worlds where the harsh (nay lethal) environmental conditions produce already-hardened candidates. These are then put through rigorous testing and training, during which the specialized organs, grown from the genetic material harvested from space marines killed in the line of duty (and originally from that chapter's primarch) are implanted. During this time they also undergo intense psycho conditioning so that their memories of their former lives are stripped away and replaced with the desire to serve the Emperor and conditioned to follow orders to the letter.

In the later stages of their training and conditioning the nascent space marines are assigned to scout companies where they will be instructed by experienced scout sergeants. After a few decades in this service they will be assigned to their first company as fully-fledged space marines. The first few tours of duty will take place in the chapter's Devastator companies, where the marines will learn to handle the weapons of the chapter. Next comes the Assault companies where they will hone their skills in hand-to-hand combat and master the art of the lightning attack.

Finally they will be assigned to a tactical squad where all the skills they have learned over their many decades will be put to use against the enemies of the Imperium.

Although quite how you'd fit all that into thirty seconds of exposition time I have no idea.

Also woo! New t-shirt! :D
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Tally
First Video: 1337 rap

Postby Tally » 14 Nov 2011, 14:05

Trymantha wrote:at the start of the vid when Paul was playing with the myr i was like i so totally have one of those, then i remembered where i brought it from >.<

:D
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 14 Nov 2011, 14:09

JackSlack wrote:Wait, what? That's not the default way most games go? Because that's how MY RPGs work as intended.

(Plus, it's a nice coincidence, since I actually did get to run a game this weekend!)

I consider this slander. At no point did we halt the game to argue about cheese.

The whole D&D thing just got funnier as it went on. And I see that Jer is continuing to not do a very thorough job of quitting LRR.
Terminus
First Video: Unskippable ("Vanquish")

Postby Terminus » 14 Nov 2011, 14:20

Geoff_B wrote:I hate to be Mr Pedantic but while I applaud Graham's knowledge of 40K in that Orks reproduce from spores, I have to put my foot down on the assertion that Space Marines are grown in vats.

The original 20 primarchs were indeed grown in capsules, however modern day (as in the last few millenia) space marines are recruited in early adolescence from death worlds where the harsh (nay lethal) environmental conditions produce already-hardened candidates. These are then put through rigorous testing and training, during which the specialized organs, grown from the genetic material harvested from space marines killed in the line of duty (and originally from that chapter's primarch) are implanted. During this time they also undergo intense psycho conditioning so that their memories of their former lives are stripped away and replaced with the desire to serve the Emperor and conditioned to follow orders to the letter.

In the later stages of their training and conditioning the nascent space marines are assigned to scout companies where they will be instructed by experienced scout sergeants. After a few decades in this service they will be assigned to their first company as fully-fledged space marines. The first few tours of duty will take place in the chapter's Devastator companies, where the marines will learn to handle the weapons of the chapter. Next comes the Assault companies where they will hone their skills in hand-to-hand combat and master the art of the lightning attack.

Finally they will be assigned to a tactical squad where all the skills they have learned over their many decades will be put to use against the enemies of the Imperium.

Although quite how you'd fit all that into thirty seconds of exposition time I have no idea.

Also woo! New t-shirt! :D

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD!
As Yahtzee said, there is no middle finger big enough.
Terminus
First Video: Unskippable ("Vanquish")

Postby Terminus » 14 Nov 2011, 14:21

;D
As Yahtzee said, there is no middle finger big enough.
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 14 Nov 2011, 14:22

Why thank you :D

MetricFurlong
First Video: Phone Manner

Postby MetricFurlong » 14 Nov 2011, 14:23

Cheese derailment used to be quite a common occurrence in my old book club, so I can relate to that a bit. Of course, since I don't play D&D it's one of the only things I can relate too but at least it was funny.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 14 Nov 2011, 14:30

I love the meta humour inherent in Jer being totally awful at "quitting" LRR.

When we knew we'd be doing D&D stuff, I asked if he'd be okay with making some time for it, because... it's Jer! it's D&D!
He was totally down.

I mean, WE don't see him week-to-week, but he's really trying to stay as involved as possible without ruining his school work. Which is awesome!
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 14 Nov 2011, 14:32

Even though I know that to be true, Graham, I still have this mental picture of Jer wandering around lost, not knowing what to do with his LRR-free life.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 14 Nov 2011, 14:38

I have it on good authority that his first LRR-free Saturday was weird.
"What do normal people DO today?!"
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 14 Nov 2011, 15:18

Well he's fulfilling his promise to be around more than Tim at least :D

Tally
First Video: 1337 rap

Postby Tally » 14 Nov 2011, 15:35

Graham wrote:I have it on good authority that his first LRR-free Saturday was weird.
"What do normal people DO today?!"

I told him he could clean the bathroom if he felt he needed something to do. He didn't go for it, though.
Rikadyn
First Video: the pub

Postby Rikadyn » 14 Nov 2011, 20:42

Geoff_B wrote:I hate to be Mr Pedantic but while I applaud Graham's knowledge of 40K in that Orks reproduce from spores, I have to put my foot down on the assertion that Space Marines are grown in vats.

DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!!!
the heart knows no greater tragedy than a breath that begins in love and ends in grief...
DuelLadyS
First Video: Unskippable

Postby DuelLadyS » 14 Nov 2011, 22:42

After watching this, my fiance insisted I post this long rambly bit expressing his feelings about LRR and cH especially, but I think I can sum it up in one sentence: "Take my money and make more DVDs, dammit!" :lol:

I love the pointless sidetrack int the D&D game... I don't think my group's ever gone from point A to point B without hitting Q, X, and ~ along the way. At least our DMs can now know they are not alone...

Now for the most important part- how the heck do I get a plush Myr?!

Return to “commodoreHUSTLE”