commodoreHUSTLE 04 - Fixer

Talk about commodoreHUSTLE, LRR's continuing web series.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 16 Jan 2009, 14:57

I'm pretty sure the TV was left on.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Sable
The Master Chef
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 16 Jan 2009, 15:00

I had assumed it was the camera flicking around between white balance settings, but "TV left on" fits the image much better.
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 16 Jan 2009, 15:06

Called it!
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 16 Jan 2009, 17:43

I should say that the TV was left on intentionally. I actually quite like the flickering light, it wasn't meant to be as distracting as some people found it. I thought it sort of evoked the computer screen flicker of a "war room" scenario (which in this case was a "craigslist room") but you get the idea.
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 17 Jan 2009, 06:00

Graham wrote:I should say that the TV was left on intentionally. I actually quite like the flickering light, it wasn't meant to be as distracting as some people found it. I thought it sort of evoked the computer screen flicker of a "war room" scenario (which in this case was a "craigslist room") but you get the idea.

Truthfully, I didn't even notice it until I saw people pointing it out in the forums. I always pay more attention to the actors than the scenery.
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
icct hedral

Postby icct hedral » 17 Jan 2009, 22:08

DmitriW wrote:
Graham wrote:I should say that the TV was left on intentionally. I actually quite like the flickering light, it wasn't meant to be as distracting as some people found it. I thought it sort of evoked the computer screen flicker of a "war room" scenario (which in this case was a "craigslist room") but you get the idea.

Truthfully, I didn't even notice it until I saw people pointing it out in the forums. I always pay more attention to the actors than the scenery.

Same. I hadn't noticed any of the other "flaws" (the boom showing unintentionally, the fuzziness/bokeh of the hedge), but the light flickering distracted me quite a bit. Possibly because it was prominent when Graham was looking at Paul, and that was where my eyesight was focused at the moment.

Although now that I know it was intentional, it does make sense.
Lissette Arevalo

Postby Lissette Arevalo » 18 Jan 2009, 19:58

Daco wrote:Image

lolwhat? XD
and yes i know who lissette is, im just curious why morgan/bill didn't feel like changing the text

AHAHHAHAHHHAAAA! Morgan was standing RIGHT behind me when I switched the "y"for the "g" that he had up there before. So, before it read "Lissette is Gummy." However, I'm not quite sure what that meant either, but I changed it and laughed. Also, I was making meatball soup and Morgan will let me pretty much let me burn down the house down or sack him if I make meatball soup. On the other hand, Bill probably hasn't left his room enough to notice something on the fridge that is not even close to eye level.
>)i(<
Lissette Arevalo

Postby Lissette Arevalo » 18 Jan 2009, 20:47

Cheeseonfire wrote:
Daco wrote:
Cheeseonfire wrote:
Cheeseonfire wrote:Wait, who's yummy?

I asked this like 3 pages ago.

lol srry, must've overlooked o_O; (been busy as fuck)

EDIT: btw, if you dont know who lissette is : http://wiki.loadingreadyrun.com/index.p ... te_Arevalo
I'm sorry that came off a bit dick-ish.
My intention was to reinforce the "wtf".
I know who hair-girl is.

hair-girl?
>)i(<
Daco
First Video: can't remember

Postby Daco » 19 Jan 2009, 03:12

Lissette Arevalo wrote:

lolwhat? XD
and yes i know who lissette is, im just curious why morgan/bill didn't feel like changing the text

AHAHHAHAHHHAAAA! Morgan was standing RIGHT behind me when I switched the "y"for the "g" that he had up there before. So, before it read "Lissette is Gummy." However, I'm not quite sure what that meant either, but I changed it and laughed. Also, I was making meatball soup and Morgan will let me pretty much let me burn down the house down or sack him if I make meatball soup. On the other hand, Bill probably hasn't left his room enough to notice something on the fridge that is not even close to eye level.

roflol
typical XD
also...your meatball soup is that good?
DOOR STUCK DOOR IS STUCK
Lissette Arevalo

Postby Lissette Arevalo » 19 Jan 2009, 10:04

Daco wrote:
Lissette Arevalo wrote:

roflol
typical XD
also...your meatball soup is that good?

Um...Graham...James...Ganny? How GOOD is my meatball soup?

I will let them answer, but basically, I'm pretty sure I'm a mad pimp solely on the fact that I can make something so good that it tastes like clouds and dreams...yup.
>)i(<
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 19 Jan 2009, 11:13

Meatball soup is about as Pimp a soup can get. True story.
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 19 Jan 2009, 16:01

I'd like to add that sideways TV does rock... well, my TV wasn't sideways, but my iPod was, hooked up to a small speaker system. It is so comfortable to watch a show on your iPod (or TV) while lying down, and hav all the actors not be sideways.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 19 Jan 2009, 20:47

Jillers wrote:I'd like to add that sideways TV does rock... well, my TV wasn't sideways, but my iPod was, hooked up to a small speaker system. It is so comfortable to watch a show on your iPod (or TV) while lying down, and hav all the actors not be sideways.

i like to watch upside-down. y'know, like bart used to do when the simpsons was in its infancy. they should make TVs with flipping options for such good times.
aspestrand

Awesome

Postby aspestrand » 21 Jan 2009, 09:17

Best episode yet guys! Love the why would you fuck with my shit bit.
Bryy M. Miller
First Video: Dinosaur

Postby Bryy M. Miller » 08 Feb 2009, 23:43

As I'm sure it's been stated, intro was classic.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 18 Feb 2009, 04:59

I may be late in noticing this but I see Wil Wheaton is now quoting his line from CH04 in the header of his blog.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 18 Feb 2009, 06:27

Evil Jim wrote:I may be late in noticing this but I see Wil Wheaton is now quoting his line from CH04 in the header of his blog.
LRR has now reached the point in their career progress where they're not only having guest stars of famous individuals, but they're influencing those famous individuals.

This can only be good.
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 18 Feb 2009, 11:09

Evil Jim wrote:I may be late in noticing this but I see Wil Wheaton is now quoting his line from CH04 in the header of his blog.

That was in his header before cH04. The line was part of his keynote at PAX '07, (although he may have used it before that) and it became kind of a slogan. Penny Arcade even sold a t-shirt for a while with a picture of Wil saying, "Don't be a dick."

Still, it's a good rule for life.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 18 Feb 2009, 11:38

Actually, our use of it in cH is a reference to him. Sorry.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 18 Feb 2009, 11:38

It happened the other way around. As Yaxley mentioned, it's kind of a meme. That's why LRR asked him to do that line in CH04.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 18 Feb 2009, 16:51

I stand corrected. I don't normally read his blog so LRR was the first thing I thought of.

Also, to distract you from my ignorance, check it out:
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Boboloo

Postby Boboloo » 22 Mar 2009, 19:52

I think I may of laughed more at Morgan and Bills response to James "Fucking With There Shit" then anything else on LRR. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dubious_wolf
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2

Re: commodoreHUSTLE 04 - Fixer

Postby Dubious_wolf » 03 Dec 2009, 16:00

Hahaha poor Jer, not! He sounds like a horrible DM spitefully trying kill his players... I don't feel sorry for him or his loaded dice! On a related note I really enjoy this series. It passes the time nicely. :D
^( " )^
winner!
Pigmy Wurm

Postby Pigmy Wurm » 17 Mar 2010, 19:41

I still think this might have to be the best ball kick on the internet, such a good set up... sorry Matt
Lemegeton
First Video: one of the checpoints on penny arcade

Postby Lemegeton » 24 Jan 2012, 03:32

:lol: :lol: :lol:
easily one of my fave LRR videos to date. i was in stitches laughing after the ball kick.

Return to “commodoreHUSTLE”