commodoreHUSTLE 07 - Fallout

Talk about commodoreHUSTLE, LRR's continuing web series.
Raine
First Video: underpantloons

Postby Raine » 06 Apr 2009, 14:09

Matt wrote:Not at all, YouTube merely poses certain chalenges when you're trying to upload a 2.5 GB file that's 15mins long.

-m

Google tends to put a cap on that kind of stuff...O.^
G+ <-- Its a link, yo!
Be Strong!
Be Pleasant.
Be Unwavering!
Be Smart.
Be Awesome!
Awareness! It was under ‘E’!
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 06 Apr 2009, 14:12

tbug wrote:Yes, that's me. (It's "Friesen", though--my name was misspelled in the credits.)

Hey, you're actually on the forum, so I can tell you directly: Good work! I thought your cowering before Player's-Bane Jer was hilarious.

I also appreciated the meta-humor (intentional or not) of cHUSTLE Tim insisting the video was real since IRL Tim made so many comments on the actual virals about them being real.

Scrotal Assault sounds like it should be a metal band.
Space Jump

Postby Space Jump » 06 Apr 2009, 14:21

I've gotta say... I think that cHustle is getting better with each episode. Definitely looking forward to the next one.

I also have a theory as to how Paul's ball-kicking robot is going to come into play in future videos. I'm curious to see if that's going to pan out how I think it will...
Zivlok

Postby Zivlok » 06 Apr 2009, 14:22

Yaxley wrote:Scrotal Assault sounds like it should be a metal band.

They could open for Sandpaper Condoms.
Cade Antilles
First Video: Man Cooking - The Gigantor

Postby Cade Antilles » 06 Apr 2009, 14:24

Hip hip HUZZAH for a new and awesome Hustle!

theDreamer wrote:I liked the new camera work. It really, REALLY reminded me of Spaced.

Yes! Totally! That very thought crossed my mind. Although, I couldn't place it 'til I read your post. More of a, "Where have I seen this before?"

Favorite lines:
"I am become death, destroyer of balls." - Paul
and
"Because its awesome . . . duh!" - Tim

And, to Kathleen, I enjoyed your video. Those unappreciative, barely literate fools should have left their dimwitted commentary to themselves!

Excellent work all around, people!
"May the Force rock you!"

Professional Procrastinators - Insuring a better tomorrow, by having more fun today!
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 06 Apr 2009, 14:31

Cade Antilles wrote:And, to Kathleen, I enjoyed your video. Those unappreciative, barely literate fools should have left their dimwitted commentary to themselves!

=

Cade Antilles wrote:You have a nice rack, kathleen

-m

I am not angry at you.
Cade Antilles
First Video: Man Cooking - The Gigantor

Postby Cade Antilles » 06 Apr 2009, 14:37

Matt wrote:
Cade Antilles wrote:And, to Kathleen, I enjoyed your video. Those unappreciative, barely literate fools should have left their dimwitted commentary to themselves!

=

Cade Antilles wrote:You have a nice rack, kathleen

-m

This translation would be correct. I would also like it on record that my girlfriend agrees with me as well.
"May the Force rock you!"

Professional Procrastinators - Insuring a better tomorrow, by having more fun today!
Lawman
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby Lawman » 06 Apr 2009, 14:38

The first thing I noticed was the new filming style, and I thought it was the most cinematic you've been so far in a vid – I really liked it. Without wanting to sound pretentious, I felt like I was more "in" the show. The over-the-shoulder shots I felt were very 24-ish (another show I watch religiously) especially one during the kitchen scene where the camera zooms in slightly mid-shot. Also the slow-pan around James and Matt in James' house; although it was a little shaky.

I would say that this seems to be the most serious commodoreHUSTLE to date, but I still thought it was way up there in terms of quality, partly due to the new filming style. Also, good character development.

Also, loved the cliffhanger ending (well, in a way; in another way, I'm pretty pissed off since it means that I'll have to wait a month to see it resolved – but then again I currently wait a month between episodes of 24, and then see four back-to-back).

Until then, Ill be over here, watching the video again... and I'll be enjoying it! (See what I did there?)
Septavius
Location: The friends to the south of our friends to the north

Postby Septavius » 06 Apr 2009, 14:39

Sure, it boils down to "nice rack, yo", but taking the effort to say it elegantly makes it significantly less crude.

Also, the speech-synth comment preview should be mandatory.
Buzz001

Postby Buzz001 » 06 Apr 2009, 14:40

All of those ball's jokes could be band names haha.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 06 Apr 2009, 14:41

This isn't really anymore of a cliffhanger than when Geoff was scheming in Episode 05. It's more an ongoing story. Broken up with full months of nothing between episodes.

Okay, I guess it kind of felt cliffhanger-y because that scene was at the very end.
cobrabubbles

Postby cobrabubbles » 06 Apr 2009, 14:43

I adored Geoff's delivery of his little monologue for all of his hate towards LRR. I'm very excited for his future appearances as in this series. He just makes the perfect... I guess... villain.

Also, great video guys, lots of great work by all the cast.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 06 Apr 2009, 14:44

I laughed. It was fun.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
concupiscentcrustacean
First Video: black box

Postby concupiscentcrustacean » 06 Apr 2009, 14:52

I REALLY liked morgan in this. Not only did he have awesome lines, but he delivered them really well. My favorite was "no no, it just comes naturally"
Whatever he was doing, he should keep doing it, usually I find him a bit too..I don't know..enthusiastic? good job.

I thought this episode was plenty funny, I don't know what everyone else is talking about..it felt slow in like, two places.
"I studied the ancient art of Origami gun making, and i've folded a pistol out of purest prose. This is an Origami 45. The most powerful poetry in the world."
Sable
The Master Chef
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 06 Apr 2009, 14:52

I cannot believe I just drew up plans for a remote-control ball-kicking robot.

Unfortunately the thousand or so dollars it would cost has to go to some other stuff...
Curt

Postby Curt » 06 Apr 2009, 14:56

Oh wow... I gotta say this is probably one of the most professional looking and acted videos you guys have done.

No offense, but while I love a lot of yours guys' videos, sometimes they tend to get stuck in a trap I call "Eh.. good enough", where some scenes or lines just seem like they'd be able to benefit from a few more takes to make it a bit more believable. But I think you guys really nailed it with this one. All the shots look awesome, none of the lines were delivered awkwardly, and was just very well written overall. Bravo guys, seriously. :D
Buzz001

Postby Buzz001 » 06 Apr 2009, 14:57

concupiscentcrustacean wrote:I REALLY liked morgan in this. Not only did he have awesome lines, but he delivered them really well. My favorite was "no no, it just comes naturally"
Whatever he was doing, he should keep doing it, usually I find him a bit too..I don't know..enthusiastic? good job.

His facial expressions were right on the money as well.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 06 Apr 2009, 15:02

Zivlok wrote:
Yaxley wrote:Scrotal Assault sounds like it should be a metal band.

They could open for Sandpaper Condoms.

No, that would be Speculum of Death. Possibly Scrotal Assult would play after...
Like it's the Genital Destruction Stage at Abusefest.

I don't know why I'm being like this and I hope I stop soon.
Jester

Postby Jester » 06 Apr 2009, 15:12

Jesters back to back!

I loved this episode. Lots of smart jokes which easily make up for the lack of slapstick. I now proudly blame LRR for making me fall out of love with Family Guy. I just don't find it funny anymore...maybe it's because I've found great smart comedy...with the occasional nut shot for good measure.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 06 Apr 2009, 15:14

Sable wrote:I cannot believe I just drew up plans for a remote-control ball-kicking robot.

Unfortunately the thousand or so dollars it would cost has to go to some other stuff...

Care to share then......?

Also, Scrotal Assault should go on tour with the Foreskins.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
BillyShears

Postby BillyShears » 06 Apr 2009, 15:22

CommodoreHUSTLE is still why I even bother to get up in the morning!
...in Sweden.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 06 Apr 2009, 15:25

Hustle is as epic as ever. How dare Graham desecrate a bobblehead by using it as a spoon?! Also, didn't know the nutshot got on The Tonight Show. Well done, lads. Using Graham's meatballs as a punching bag is finally paying off.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 06 Apr 2009, 15:26

Darkobra wrote:Also, didn't know the nutshot got on The Tonight Show.

this is why you need to stick around more ;p

-m

I am not angry at you.
goat

Postby goat » 06 Apr 2009, 15:40

Nice job, guys. I have to agree, though, that this one felt a little more like a plot building episode than the previous two (the creation of the runners and the viral video thing). It'd be ridiculous to ask you guys to do more, but I'm guessing that because you didn't totally blow our freaking minds this month that that's part of the reason that this episode left some feeling a little light.

That being said, I liked the over the shoulder shots (though kdz is right about the facing thing), and Morgan's lines were spot on. That bit at the beginning with just Graham and Kathleen flowed very nicely as well.

Thankfully, there's only 4 weeks until the next episode (as opposed to 6 until this one). *camps out*
FlintPaper577

Postby FlintPaper577 » 06 Apr 2009, 15:51

Loved this episode! Not quite as much as a couple of the others, but still. Morgan's 'Dick Disaster' was brilliant, as was Bill's reaction.

Return to “commodoreHUSTLE”