commodoreHUSTLE 07 - Fallout

Talk about commodoreHUSTLE, LRR's continuing web series.
Cmdt_Carpenter

Postby Cmdt_Carpenter » 06 Apr 2009, 15:53

I just noticed:

Matt saw me wearing that Ninjas shirt and bought it to look like me. Poser.

Yeah, he totally saw me from...over 500 miles away? Matt has good eyesight. Those glasses just enhance it all.
Zivlok

Postby Zivlok » 06 Apr 2009, 15:55

Cmdt_Carpenter wrote:I just noticed:

Yeah, he totally saw me from...over 500 miles away? Matt has good eyesight. Those glasses just enhance it all.

They enhance the pixels?
Cmdt_Carpenter

Postby Cmdt_Carpenter » 06 Apr 2009, 15:56

Zivlok wrote:
Cmdt_Carpenter wrote:I just noticed:

They enhance the pixels?

Let's put it this way: Seen the Six Million Dollar Man? Exactly.

Na na na na na na na na na...
zqfmbg

Postby zqfmbg » 06 Apr 2009, 16:03

Graham wrote:
zqfmbg wrote:D, eh...?

True story.

Ah. The deception of clothing.

(Not that I watched for all that long when the viral videos were loosed upon the world. I'm sorry; I think I watched Paul with stuff on his head for longer...)
iEatNinjaZ
Location: My Amazing Underwater World of Underwater Wonder That Is Under The Water™

Postby iEatNinjaZ » 06 Apr 2009, 16:03

Such a great episode. The quality of the videos are getting better and better.
I can't wait till the next one!
zqfmbg

Postby zqfmbg » 06 Apr 2009, 16:06

Graham wrote:We're not doing it as "a stereotype". Kathleen and Tally legitimately play those games, and legitimately dislike Fallout and Resident Evil. These are truths.
Stereotypes exist for a reason.

Speaking of which: I'm not familiar with FFXI at all (online games are evil!!!!@2) but are there any other FFs on 360, given that Tally was holding a 360 controller? For that matter, wasn't she supposed to be playing something in that scene, and if so, where were the sounds from the game? It seemed awfully quiet to me.
kamuishinjo

Postby kamuishinjo » 06 Apr 2009, 16:19

You do realize that including the reposts, the nunchuck fail got well over a million views... Great video! (cH 7 I mean, though the nunchuck fail was amusing as well... and as for people thinking that Kathleen's breasts are small... I thought that the shirt she was wearing did kind of downplay the size of her chest in the tit-shaking video... I remember them being fairly large in Phailhaus 11)
RandomCheese

Postby RandomCheese » 06 Apr 2009, 16:26

Unfortunately the video won't load for me past about 9:30, so I will post my full opinion when it loads. From what I've seen, I like it.

I noticed a little glitch (for lack of a better term) in the editing at about 7:30. After Matt says "hold this", the audio track from a different take can be heard, resulting in a second "this".
Low quality Youtube sketches? Amazing!
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 06 Apr 2009, 16:35

I liked the new film style, it adds something, although, I did find myself being distracted by the gentle moving of the camera. But that might have just been because I happened to be looking at the edge of the frame.

It looks great, it just doesn't always work. I felt like some of the more classic LRR-style mediumshot style got lost in the over-the-shoulders; which I guess works for CHustle, since it's not really classic LRR skitting (skitting? skitstuff? skits?). I feel like there should have been more shot variety besides just the over-the-shoulders, and the fact that it always cut back to the person who was talking made all the filming sort of predictable, and therefore more boring.

I know those are some weird gripes, but, you asked for our opinions on it. So there that is.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
tbug

Postby tbug » 06 Apr 2009, 16:44

Yaxley wrote:Hey, you're actually on the forum, so I can tell you directly: Good work! I thought your cowering before Player's-Bane Jer was hilarious.

Thank-you, sir! I'm certainly having fun being part of the story.

We really do play 3.5 instead of 4.0, but I suspect we'll be upgrading to the Pathfinder RPG once it's released later this year.
Keith K
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Keith K » 06 Apr 2009, 16:49

Yeah Dale, you continue to bring the awesome.
tbug

Postby tbug » 06 Apr 2009, 16:53

Keith K wrote:Yeah Dale, you continue to bring the awesome.

Thanks, Keith!
Isiah_Jenner

Postby Isiah_Jenner » 06 Apr 2009, 16:58

Graham:
Re: Over-use of over-the-shoulder
That's fair. Unfortunately, when most of an episode is two people talking, that happens. But I'll mix it up more in future.

the over the shoulder shots do work in and of themselves. you should probably just use it between more interesting shots to carry the conversation.* Aside from this I loved the D&D stuff: I personally was disappointed with how 4th ed. was put together. It ended up being reminiscent of World of Warcraft, which I am trying to avoid by playing d&d in the first place. Awesome video guys!

*Keep in mind I have taken no film making classes, I'm just applying what ability I have as a layman.
"The bureaucracy is expanding, in order to accommodate the needs of the expanding bureaucracy"
-unknown(civ 4)

"Define 'interesting'"
"Oh god, oh god, we're all going to die?"
-Mal and Wash, Serenity
Cade Antilles
First Video: Man Cooking - The Gigantor

Postby Cade Antilles » 06 Apr 2009, 17:09

tbug wrote:We really do play 3.5 instead of 4.0, but I suspect we'll be upgrading to the Pathfinder RPG once it's released later this year.

I, too, continue to play 3.5. I keep meaning to check out Pathfinder, but it just keeps slipping my mind. What do you think of it?
"May the Force rock you!"

Professional Procrastinators - Insuring a better tomorrow, by having more fun today!
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 06 Apr 2009, 17:20

Matt wrote:
Darkobra wrote:Also, didn't know the nutshot got on The Tonight Show.

this is why you need to stick around more ;p

-m

Yeah, you got me by the balls there. I'm mainly more backroom staff: I listen to the podcasts, watch the videos but I never really come to the forums.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
StoneageRocker
Ret-con'd: Correct

Postby StoneageRocker » 06 Apr 2009, 18:09

Question: What ever happened to the LoadingReadyRunners?
In England.........

tbug

Postby tbug » 06 Apr 2009, 19:19

Cade Antilles wrote:I, too, continue to play 3.5. I keep meaning to check out Pathfinder, but it just keeps slipping my mind. What do you think of it?

I'm a big fan of a lot of what Paizo does. Some of the Pathfinder RPG stuff has impressed me more than other bits, but all we've seen so far is the public beta. I'm definitely going to buy the final version as soon as it's released this summer and give it a thorough read. I also plan to buy the adventure path they're releasing at the same time, so I'll test it out that way.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 06 Apr 2009, 19:42

Not done watching yet, but I wanted to comment that Geoff has very pretty hair. I bet it's softer than Matt's.
magentahaze

Postby magentahaze » 06 Apr 2009, 19:46

Loved it!!!

Morgan's creativity for the other names for ball kicks totally wins.
If you don't look edible, you'll never get eaten

If it 's the devil's music, then Satan must be proud.

Dr. Venture: "Brock? Thank God! His freakin' panda's trained to put me in a bag!"
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 06 Apr 2009, 19:48

Know what? I like Tim's character. He's like Kronk in the Emperor's New Groove.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Godzpunchingbag
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Godzpunchingbag » 06 Apr 2009, 20:01

Is that the script i see on the laptop in the podcasting scene?
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 06 Apr 2009, 20:05

Cake wrote:Know what? I like Tim's character. He's like Kronk in the Emperor's New Groove.

And because the combination of Kronk and Yzma is the best villain/henchman pairing in Disney, that is very true and I agree.
mew4ever23
First Video: Rejected Wii Play Games

Postby mew4ever23 » 06 Apr 2009, 20:28

Kathleen: That, unfortunately, is what passes for the Queens English on the internet.
Morgan: How did you come up with so many names for nut-shots?

Matt wrote:I commented to the others that this particular episode felt very much like an episode of seinfeld. everyone wrapped up in their own little world, oblivious of the big picture.

-m

You're right. Seemed like everyone completely forgot, and was in their own little world until Jer reminded them.

InsaneFool wrote:DUH DUH DUNNN!!!
...thats my cliffhanger music.

It's bound to this button.
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 06 Apr 2009, 20:44

I don't think the over the shoulder is that bad, but there were a few jump cuts when you transitioned from person to person. I think that the over the shoulder would have felt more natural if the person in the foreground wasn't just sitting there, head fixed on the person speaking. (which, when the person in the foreground was moving, I felt worked out well. Like the shot where Graham speaks and Kathleen replies in one shot, or Bill shaking his head when Morgan says whatever he said that was stupid.)
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 06 Apr 2009, 21:25

All the "gonad gore" synonyms were the result of Graham and I, sitting on my bed in Vancouver, giggling up a storm coming up with them.
However, Morgan's delivery really brought them to life.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!

Return to “commodoreHUSTLE”