Final Fantasy XIII

Discussion of LRR's weekly mockery of video game cutscenes.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Re: Final Fantasy XIII

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 20 Apr 2010, 04:08

Well, The Odyssey has been around for getting on for three thousand years, and I'm only just getting around to reading it now. Doesn't mean I want people to spoil it for me.

Oh, right, the video. Man, I lost it when I saw those storm-clouds.... :lol:

I'm not sure you made quite the right choice of cutscenes, though; I thought the comedy was stretched a little thin during the Mode 7 section. Making jokes about the credits was fine for MST3K because they had plenty more time to mock the actual film, but in such a short segment it doesn't really work out, even though the jokes themselves aren't bad. I think there are pretty good comic possiblities in the segment from when Terra wakes up after the battle with the Whelk until her flashback sequence, although I realise it's not entirely a cutscene as you have to do some of the walking around.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Re: Final Fantasy XIII

Postby Lord Hosk » 27 Dec 2011, 05:20

Hate to bump this but I just recently watched the entire back catalog and this was awesome, even if it didn't qualify as a April fools joke for me.

The writing on this was outstanding!
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!

Return to “Unskippable”