Injustice: Gods Among Us

Discussion of LRR's weekly mockery of video game cutscenes.
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Postby Kathleen » 08 Jul 2013, 08:39

Graham and Paul take us through a decimated Metropolis, and a decimated storyline.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
mariomario42
First Video: Omnilingual

Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us

Postby mariomario42 » 08 Jul 2013, 09:11

Storylines in fighting games is bad enough, and it gets worse when you throw every superhero in there as well.

Especially having fights between clearly unequal superheros.

I mean, I'd watch Aquaman fight Superman for the laughs, but it would just be silly.
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 08 Jul 2013, 11:09

One tiny gripe: Green Lantern dealt with the whole yellow thing a while back. He's not weak to it anymore.

So he probably stopped chasing Sinestro because he made a giant spiky thing, and not strictly because it was a giant yellow spiky thing.
Lurkon
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby Lurkon » 08 Jul 2013, 11:21

Was that version of Green Lantern the same version of Green Lantern that had dealt with the yellow thing, though?
Do a Pivot Table!

"Cover me in lube and call me an athlete!" ~ Kathleen De Vere
Drecon
First Video: Ransom

Postby Drecon » 08 Jul 2013, 11:37

Hm, I had to read up on this game, and apparently it does take place in an alternate reality where superman declared himself High Councilor of the world and Batman leads the rebel forces against him???

I honestly have no idea what to think of this game...
"if it ain't shiny, rub it on your hiney"
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Postby Bebop Man » 08 Jul 2013, 19:24

I like how everybody is duking it out while Aquaman ties his shoelaces. Does nobody respect the man?
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 08 Jul 2013, 19:30

Lurkon wrote:Was that version of Green Lantern the same version of Green Lantern that had dealt with the yellow thing, though?

Ok, so this is kind of a rabbit hole.

The original Green Lantern was Alan Scott. His weakness was wood. The Green Lantern with whom most people are familiar is Hal Jordan, who gets his powers from a ring granted by the Guardians of the planet Oa. Hal had a weakness to the color yellow, which he shared with the entire Green Lantern Corps.

A couple years back, there was a massive shake-up with lots of retcons. The net result of it is:

The yellow impurity existed because a being of pure fear called Parallax was imprisoned in the central battery that gave the Corps its power. Parallax was associated with the color yellow, so that introduced a weakness to the constructs produced by Green Lanterns.

LOTS OF CRAZY SHIT WENT DOWN, the primary result of which is that any modern iteration of the Green Lantern needn't worry about the color yellow.

And since any comic fan would demand it, yes, the Injustice version of Green Lantern is almost indisputably Hal Jordan. Who is not affected by the yellow impurity.

But none of this affects the fact that Unskippable is a funny show.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 09 Jul 2013, 08:13

I enjoyed your display of in-depth DC knowledge :D

Actually wasn't there an episode of the Justice League animated series that was similar to this game's story?
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Can't Wear Hats
Admiral Robocop
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Can't Wear Hats » 09 Jul 2013, 08:37

Geoff_B wrote:I enjoyed your display of in-depth DC knowledge :D

Actually wasn't there an episode of the Justice League animated series that was similar to this game's story?

There was, it was called "A Better World" and the eeeeevil Justice League was the Justice Lords. Lots of doppelganger shenanigans, and I think it even ends in a similar way to Injustice (with a de-powered Superman).

Speaking of the animated series, it's kinda weird to hear Phil LaMarr as Aquaman when they got a lot of other voice actors to reprise their roles for Injustice. Then again, Hal Jordan is Green Lantern this time rather than John Stewart so he wasn't going to be voicing GL anyway.

Oh DC, you so wacky.
"We're not on this asteroid for very long, let's be nice to one another." - Alex Steacy

LRL: http://imgur.com/a/EoMQz#0
Desert Bus 007: http://imgur.com/a/ikM5G#0
Desert Bus 8: http://imgur.com/a/ksPiS

Twitter | Twitch

Clypheous
First Video: Checkpoint Episode One

Postby Clypheous » 09 Jul 2013, 16:19

I can only wonder if this game is as awful as it's opening video is. This is pretty awful. I mean, most of the games that they do are pretty awful, as are most opening videos in general, but somehow this just makes me want to reach in there and slap the stupid out of the entire Injustice League?!

Return to “Unskippable”