Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Discussion of LRR's weekly mockery of video game cutscenes.
Graham
Super Moderator

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Postby Graham » 06 Jan 2014, 12:15

Graham and Paul jump on the grenade for you and enter the sandy world that is Splinter Cell.
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Re: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Postby Bebop Man » 07 Jan 2014, 11:30

That was confusing. Did they blow themselves up?
Clypheous
First Video: Checkpoint Episode One

Postby Clypheous » 07 Jan 2014, 12:49

So, OK. I'm a total dork and not hip on cameras, but I am very curious. What about the video made you determine that the settings on the screen for the camera were not actually the ones being used to take the video? I know this is an incredibly dorky question and not very funny, but, in fairness, YOU brought up!
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Postby Paul » 07 Jan 2014, 16:48

One of the settings on the on-screen display says f7.1 which is a fairly high f-stop. Generally speaking, the higher the f-stop, the less light is getting into the camera, which gives a darker image. f7.1 is what you would use outside or in very bright light and is way too dark for the corridor they are showing.

Photography jokes!
Clypheous
First Video: Checkpoint Episode One

Postby Clypheous » 07 Jan 2014, 19:41

See, nothing funny happened but I did trick you into teaching me something! Mwahahahahaha.

Maybe their whole plan was to video everything so it couldn't be seen. Given it was a video of war crimes and murder that could be a plan. Of course, then why video it at all?

Tom Clancy licensed products tend a little over the top methinks. Thanks again for answering my question. Now I've learned about batteries and cameras from you guys.
Amake
First Video: Le Cafe

Also, yay learning!

Postby Amake » 08 Jan 2014, 03:18

Maybe I missed something but giving the dying guy a grenade seems kinda superfluous when the whole dang city blows up five seconds later? Oh but then we wouldn't have gotten that simply brilliant bit of comedy "It'll stop the bleeding, broadly speaking" so who could complain.
"I know I tend to sound like I think what I say is written in stone, but please ignore that. I assure you I'm well aware that I have no idea what I'm talking about." -Amake, 2015

Return to “Unskippable”