One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Discussion of LRR's weekly mockery of video game cutscenes.
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Postby Kathleen » 27 Oct 2014, 10:58

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... mpaign=all

Apparently, we know MUCH less about this show than we thought we did.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
ElFuzzy
First Video: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Re: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Postby ElFuzzy » 27 Oct 2014, 11:37

So I'm a rab- avid fan of One Piece and I acknowledge that trying to explain things like Brook, the skeleton, or Franky, the cyborg shipwright, still ends with it not making sense.

For example Brook ate a fruit that ostensibly makes him immortal except his soul has to get back to his body when he dies and the first time it happened the ship sank and it took him too long to find it and everything but his Afro had rotted away. Or even how all of Franky's tech is soda based.

On a side note, something that as always perplexed me about the show was touched on by Graham and Paul. Every woman in looks either Nami or a cartoonish exaggeration. All of them. Even in the background crowds nameless villager women are built like Nami. Which means that Nami and Robin are, ostensibly, average in looks yet they get praised for their amazing beauty.

I dunno, I'm just saying that from an in universe standpoint it doesn't make sense. It's like a subtle form of player knowledge.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 27 Oct 2014, 20:28

Super interesting, thanks!
Clypheous
First Video: Checkpoint Episode One

Postby Clypheous » 28 Oct 2014, 03:25

What, the proportions of Nami and Robin are just too strange for a universe where cyborg shipwrights and skeletal crew members are apparently commonplace enough that no one seems to be particularly bothered by it? Usually I would say it's completely sexist, but then, there's also the guy with four hundred defined abs and a raccoon, so I'm not exactly sure what group of people this is supposed to be geared for. Teenage boys with self-image issues and a raccoon fetish?
rpg1203
First Video: the job
Location: Mokena, Illinois, USA, North america, earth, SoL system

Postby rpg1203 » 28 Oct 2014, 12:55

so much to tell about this from watching 650+ episodes, but i have only one question.

GPLP sometime after desert bus?
Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
mariomario42
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby mariomario42 » 28 Oct 2014, 20:35

Haha, this was a great episode. I was laughing like a madman.

The one answer I can provide is the doctor ate the Human Human fruit, so he CAN have hands to do doctor stuff. Although that's not how he does it most of the time.

Return to “Unskippable”