Episode 2 - Bungie Jumping.

Talk about LRR's gaming news show on PATV.
Matt
LRR Crew

Episode 2 - Bungie Jumping.

Postby Matt » 16 May 2011, 08:21

I am not angry at you.
MattAn
First Video: You're Kidding

Re: Episode 2 - I don't know the title of this episode either.

Postby MattAn » 16 May 2011, 08:55

Bungie Jumping. The title of this episode is Bungie Jumping. :D
Myrph
First Video: Frozen Assets

Postby Myrph » 16 May 2011, 08:56

Another great episode, another great return to form and its great to see Wes doing what Wes does best!!

That being said, I don't really think Kathleen would be more aerodynamic than Graham. Wrong shape. Would be hilarious to see how each fared in a wind tunnel though!

Edit - And before I get called on it, Kathleen is the perfect lady shape, I'm just fairly certain lady shape contains parts that inhibit aerodynamics.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 16 May 2011, 09:03

I definitely liked this one. Good timing, and lots of funny. I will, however, say that Kathleen's cleavage was very distracting, especially on the wide shots where the overlay didn't cover it up so much.

Not that that's a BAD thing, necessarily. I loves me some cleavage as much as the next person.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

MattAn

Postby MattAn » 16 May 2011, 09:11

Fayili wrote:I definitely liked this one. Good timing, and lots of funny. I will, however, say that Kathleen's cleavage was very distracting, especially on the wide shots where the overlay didn't cover it up so much.

Not that that's a BAD thing, necessarily. I loves me some cleavage as much as the next person.

I'm getting ENN flashbacks already.. Oh, The Escapist comments and instant forum rule change! :D

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Like, immensely. That may be because Wes Borg is a genius and makes IT SOUND SO FUCKING TRUE OMG WE'RE ALL DOOMED. :O

Ahem.. Uh.. I mean.. Yes.
elvor
First Video: It's Very Simple

Re: Episode 2 - Bungie Jumping.

Postby elvor » 16 May 2011, 09:36

Oh man, so good. Wes should be in every video.

In fact, you guys need to do a vid with Andy, Brad and Wes. The internet may explode with awesome.

Also loved the dig about the sound quality at the beginning.
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 16 May 2011, 09:44

elvor wrote:Oh man, so good. Wes should be in every video.

In fact, you guys need to do a vid with Andy, Brad and Wes. The internet may explode with awesome.

Also loved the dig about the sound quality at the beginning.

Andy, Brad, Wes, Cam and Nate, AKA "Da Krew". It would be awesome.
General Michi
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby General Michi » 16 May 2011, 09:44

If they brought back Wes as the conspiracy theorist then we may get more beloved characters :D

Also, Ass Creed-Inception was utter genius
We put the brick on the accelerator.

Image Image

Twitter Steam Tumblblar
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 16 May 2011, 10:25

I'm... actually going to disagree. I didn't like this week's episode as much as last weeks. Graham's "Is it Oni 2? No it isn't." comment at the beginning had me laughing.

But, to be honest? I thought Wes's rant went on a bit too long. The premise was wonderfully absurd, and funny, but... I would have rather seen more of Graham, Kathleen, Jer, and Paul, especially this early in Checkpoint's run, where we need to establish the characters for the new PA audience, than a guest character like Wes. He was a good 30% of the episode! I think if the rant itself had been shorter, or if more of it had been in interview format with back-and-forth between Jer and Wes, it would have been funnier. But as it stands... it made it seem like Checkpoint was just kind of ancillary, and the episode was mostly about Wes.

Or maybe I just want Jer to have more screentime. >.>

The rest of the episode was en pointe, though.

Oh, and cue the 1000s of comments on the PA forums about how Jer isn't looking at the camera. :x
Kyogissun
First Video: Three PS3's or one of the X ways to Y

Postby Kyogissun » 16 May 2011, 11:03

I totally feel you on wanting more Jer, AD, but I imagine they're trying to find the right story to not only have him take a big role, but also to bring back Ryan Quickbender and various others.

...Though seriously, I'm hoping Matt will be making a return soon, because he just totally fucking sells Ryan Quickbender so god damn well.
Currently Playing: Skyrim (Dawnguard), Bunch of Shit on Steam (Blame the Summer Sale), Tales of Graces f
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Torchlight II

I attend (almost) every FNM at Millenium Games in Henrietta.

Steam: OhYouFoal
XBL GT: Kyogissun
Jer
LRR Crew

Postby Jer » 16 May 2011, 11:39

We are, at times, at the mercy of the news cycle. "What is Bungie doing?" was by far the most interesting jumping-off-point for a story this week and if we were going to get into conspiracy theories, bringing back Rex Carnegie just made sense. I want myself "established" in the eyes of PA's viewers as much as the next guy (probably more, actually), but I think this made for a better episode ;). Paul and I have no intention of fading into the background.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 16 May 2011, 11:51

It worked. I agree it wasn't quite up with last week's, but that's mostly because, c'mon, "Is this a PS3?" was gold. :)

Love the shoutout to the sound issue.
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 16 May 2011, 12:15

I also think Wes's thing went on a bit too long, but I think it's because you got to the joke too soon, and then it was just more of "Ok, slingshot, I get it..." Then again, I don't know if there was a better way to structure that.

Even given that I still really enjoyed this episode. I do enjoy seeing Wes as a crazy conspiracy theorist.

I also like the "broadcasting this week in THX for a slightly reduced hiss"
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
The Gecko
First Video: Man cooking! (Meat Mushroom)

Postby The Gecko » 16 May 2011, 12:27

Good ep, but I do agree the slingshot thing went on a liiiiitle too long. Only a little though. Otherwise I enjoyed it.
It's turtles all the way down.
@BinaryG1rl on twitter
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 16 May 2011, 12:42

Jer wrote:We are, at times, at the mercy of the news cycle. "What is Bungie doing?" was by far the most interesting jumping-off-point for a story this week and if we were going to get into conspiracy theories, bringing back Rex Carnegie just made sense.

Fair point. Not much happening this week. And, of course, I'm still picking at nits. Still loved the episode. :B Guess I've just got to have more patience and let a few weeks roll buy so that everyone has a chance to get pieces in.

Jer wrote: I want myself "established" in the eyes of PA's viewers as much as the next guy (probably more, actually),

IMPOSSIBLE. As president of the ALWAYS MORE JER club, I clearly hold the monopoly on that extremely specific thing that we are talking about.

Aaand I have no idea what I'm talking about anymore.
SilPho
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby SilPho » 16 May 2011, 13:06

I'm trying to work out why I like Checkpoint more than ENN. They seem very similar and yet something seems very appealing about Checkpoint. I guess the subtleties learnt from ENN are being very well applied.
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 16 May 2011, 13:13

Always nice to see Wes. Funny as ever, not really a lot more to say really.

*Reads previous comments and Ponders* Next DB I'm not going to pay for an Andy/Dale Duet again. I'm going to pay for Andy/Dale/Wes to sing. Maybe find a 4th and get them to form a barbershop quartet of pure awesome...
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
Tycherin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby Tycherin » 16 May 2011, 13:16

I guess I would also vote for more Jer. However, I would also vote for more Graham, more Kathleen, more Matt, more Paul... eh, you get the idea.
Beta Test
First Video: who you gonna call

Postby Beta Test » 16 May 2011, 13:20

Guys I love you.
Really funny episode, and I loved the Oni just and the quick stab at the people who were exaggerating the sound problems to epic proportions.
I feel as though that Wes' rant wasn't to bad, I mean it's the feature story, and the point was that Wes was a crazy person, and the stereotype is that the crazy conspirists have longly drawn plans of things that most likely will never happen, like Glenn Beck.
And Kathleen seemed to move the neckline up a bit, so nothing really was to distracting in that department for me, at least...
Though I will say this I want to guess that the PA forumers will be complaining about htis time, is that Jer's eyes are slightly, slightly looking away from the camera,(but some of us here generally know why that is the case) and if they do, a bittersweet win for me.
I'm Ignorant, God...
Sorry I can't do that, it violates my three laws of robotics.
Geoff_B: Your scout is Bonkers!
Trisha Lynn
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Trisha Lynn » 16 May 2011, 13:36

Perhaps it's the conspiracy theorist in me, but I'd like to know who the people to the right in the background as Rex Carnegie is advancing on the camera after the initial white noise cut (is that what you call it?) are supposed to be. Fellow theorists on the run? A pair of bros who are pissing behind the dumpster? Twinks trolling for sex? They were so distracting to me that I wasn't paying attention to half of the rest of the rant.

Good framing stories around it, and I like how it seems like you were able to move the "during credits" banter to the middle of the show.

Trisha Lynn
...scratch the "twinks" comment...
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn
MowDownJoe
First Video: Joystique

Postby MowDownJoe » 16 May 2011, 13:49

YAY! Wes returns as conspiracy nut Rex!

I was laughing throughout. Although I've already forgotten the lead-in stories, I know the titles had me laughing.

[Edit:] Just noticed that neither this or the first Checkpoint is appearing in my RSS feeder. Having difficulties with doing that?
Victim of a Platinum Angel/Phage combo in Momir. Thanks, LRR!
Slack Mesa
First Video: Green

Postby Slack Mesa » 16 May 2011, 15:21

"Norse coma = my metal band" = my metal band.
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 16 May 2011, 15:25

anyone know where i can find a lower quality version of the video? I don't care as much about image quality as i do about actually being able to watch the video without having to stop every thirty seconds and letting the bloody thing buffer
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Serisothikos
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Serisothikos » 16 May 2011, 15:46

As someone who recently broke free of Blizzard's Odin-sleep, I appreciated that segment a lot.

This episode looked cleaner and the features flowed more smoothly than last week's. It was really great!
I am so bad at updating Twitter, why is this link even here?

Sinkirby
First Video: Unskippable 1

Postby Sinkirby » 16 May 2011, 15:51

I Love the new series, and subsequent rebirth of ENN. Its like a phoenix that has been brutally murdered comming back for revenge with a new identity!

However I was sad not to see a Wii vitality sensor segment. I thought you would actualy do it, but no big.

Return to “Checkpoint”