GPLP: X-Men Destiny

Graham & Paul Let's Play: Watch them play awful games.
Graham
Super Moderator

GPLP: X-Men Destiny

Postby Graham » 28 Feb 2012, 13:35

Paul and I decided to keep it simple with our next GPLP, to test out the new HD capture box. Let us know what you think!
We have a lot of games shortlisted, and with this new capture workflow we can post them much faster. We've already got several episodes ready to release!

Let us know what you think!

Episode 1: Character and initial power selection!
Also, we fix the audio partway through so we're easier to hear.
(Also, subtitles get turned on at some point)
General Michi
First Video: 3 PS3s

Re: GPLP: X-Men Destiny

Postby General Michi » 28 Feb 2012, 14:15

I knew you guys said you'd be doing another one soon but Christ that was quick. Looking forward to the rest :)
We put the brick on the accelerator.

Image Image

Twitter Steam Tumblblar
G-Cat50
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Postby G-Cat50 » 28 Feb 2012, 14:48

When it said "... parts of the body are so dense they tun into an obsidian state" is that a Minecraft reference? Because obsidian is very brittle, you know being glass an all.
In case anyone asks, the "G" stands for "Ginger"

Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 28 Feb 2012, 14:51

Didn't think there would be another GPLP so soon. I am happy.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 28 Feb 2012, 14:59

Our hope is to bash them out more rapidly with this new workflow in place.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 28 Feb 2012, 15:00

With a power of density control, his ability to jump super-high kind of makes sense. Instead of upping the density of his arms, if he lowers his density enough, he could float like a balloon.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Havok4
First Video: The first Unskippable

Postby Havok4 » 28 Feb 2012, 15:02

Nice start on this one guys. I agree with your decision not to do dark souls. I just beat that game and it is around 40 hours long if not more. It requires patience, careful planing and a good memory for the somewhat trial and error based game play. So it is likely unsuited for a GPLP. It is fun though. I recomend you give it a try.

X-Men Density (control) looks amusingly bad. So I hope this works out.
G-Cat50
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Postby G-Cat50 » 28 Feb 2012, 15:04

Master Gunner wrote:With a power of density control, his ability to jump super-high kind of makes sense. Instead of upping the density of his arms, if he lowers his density enough, he could float like a balloon.

Fuck, didn't think of that. Maybe he can be first thing to reach true absolute zero you know, before his atomic structure went haywire
In case anyone asks, the "G" stands for "Ginger"

Under_Score
First Video: Unskippable Pilot

Postby Under_Score » 28 Feb 2012, 15:04

Sweet, new GPLP. Great so far, and you can definitely tell it's higher quality. I do have one request. Do you guys think you could turn on subtitles? That way when you guys talk over the dialogue, I can still mostly follow along.
-Under Underscore Score (or just Underscore for short)
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 28 Feb 2012, 15:04

"...Bay Area..."
Oh dear. How are they going to mess up my city/general area now?
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Under_Score

Postby Under_Score » 28 Feb 2012, 15:06

Oh, woops, you say in the first post you turn subtitles on later. Sorry.
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 28 Feb 2012, 15:09

Also, I believe it said he was going to UC Berkeley (which explains the blue and yellow). The mascot for them is the Bears.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Under_Score

Postby Under_Score » 28 Feb 2012, 15:11

Fayili wrote:Also, I believe it said he was going to UC Berkeley (which explains the blue and yellow). The mascot for them is the Bears.

Then the eagle on his back is even more mysterious.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 28 Feb 2012, 15:37

He's HOPING to attend UC Berkeley, but he hasn't got his football scholarship yet. Or something.
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 28 Feb 2012, 15:53

Huh. According to teh Googles, you're right. My bad. Still, though, what's up with the shirt/jersey thing then?

Boofinka
First Video: Paper Boy

Postby Boofinka » 28 Feb 2012, 16:06

I remember reading "Astonishing X-Men: The Ground Smash" when it came out. Pretty much what it says on the tin.
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 28 Feb 2012, 16:16

Fayili wrote:Huh. According to teh Googles, you're right. My bad. Still, though, what's up with the shirt/jersey thing then?

It could just be a random shirt. I had a shirt like it when I was younger. Looked like a shirt jersey, but it was just a shirt representing no one but the brand.
Pigmy Wurm

Postby Pigmy Wurm » 28 Feb 2012, 17:14

So this is small but it kept annoying me: its "nobody can move the blob" and "you can't stop the Juggernaut." And yes that means that the X-men universe has a practical example of the unstoppable force vs immovable object paradox (I think the Juggernaut wins).

oh and Phoenix dies all of the time. My brother had a book that had character bios on the entire expanded X-men universe and it had a section on dead characters, which Phoenix was at the time, and it about 6 different days when she died and instead of just saying "Deceased" over her picture it said "Currently Deceased" because everyone envolved knew it wasn't going to stick.
Last edited by Pigmy Wurm on 28 Feb 2012, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 28 Feb 2012, 17:48

Pigmy Wurm wrote:So this is small but it kept annoying me: its "nobody can move the blob" and "you can't stop the Juggernaut." And yes that means that the X-men universe has a practical example of the unstoppable force vs immovable object paradox (I think the Juggernaut wins).
Weird, I always heard "nothing can stop the blob" but you're totally right.

It must be one of those "Luke, I am your father" quotes that becomes more known than the original.

I think my confusion is that the 1958 movie The Blob had a tagline of: "Indescribable... Indestructible! Nothing Can Stop It!"
Lancer
First Video: Cash Cats

Postby Lancer » 28 Feb 2012, 20:12

Pssh, dark souls... if you wanna go hard, go all the way: GPLP of I Wanna Be the Guy. :twisted:
batosai33
First Video: one of the unskippables

Postby batosai33 » 28 Feb 2012, 21:04

Master Gunner wrote:With a power of density control, his ability to jump super-high kind of makes sense. Instead of upping the density of his arms, if he lowers his density enough, he could float like a balloon.

He wouldn't really be able to float because of the whole Newtonian "objects of same shape but different mass fall at the same rate" thing. However the jumping still makes sense because if he lowers his density he weighs less so if he jumps with the same force it will push him higher.

Anyway the thing I really wanted to point out happened when you were talking to Iceman, and it's one of those "can't un-see it" things. Whenever Iceman finished moving his arms for something, the shoulder twisted. I'm studying game design so stuff like that tends to stick out to me.

love seeing another GPLP so soon. Can't wait to see more.
bowlercaptain
First Video: Who you gonna call?

Postby bowlercaptain » 28 Feb 2012, 22:17

It's good to see that, while about as unique as starting a main character with amnesia, the combat system in this game isn't total bullcrap. Yet.

I appreciate the service you're doing the world, though. Playing terrible video games so that we don't have to. And being funny while doing so! Upon seeing Dante's inferno in the game library of a friend, I was able to dismiss it with a joke instead of being interested by its literary basis and embarking on what would have inevitably become a regretted experience.

No, I won't apologize for the preposition that I ended that sentence with.
Jaebird
First Video: The LHC

Postby Jaebird » 28 Feb 2012, 22:47

The HD is awesome, and this game is awful. Seriously, Activision should have just released HD'd versions of the X-Men Legends games.
http://jbird18.deviantart.com (Open for commissions.)
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 28 Feb 2012, 23:20

batosai33 wrote:

He wouldn't really be able to float because of the whole Newtonian "objects of same shape but different mass fall at the same rate" thing. However the jumping still makes sense because if he lowers his density he weighs less so if he jumps with the same force it will push him higher.

That's only really true in a vacuum. Because the atmosphere is a fluid, lowering one's total density below one atmosphere would allow one to float more readily.

For example, fill a balloon with water and a balloon with helium, making sure that both displace the same volume. They won't both fall at the same rate, and depending on the total volume of each balloon, the helium one would actually float up, as it is less dense than the fluid surrounding it!

If you were to try the same experiment in a total vacuum, both balloons would fall at the same rate.
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 29 Feb 2012, 00:10

Albedo28 wrote:I was hoping you guys would pick Chad Backpack though. He seemed less... giant?

His story blurb thing seems like it would be a bit separated from the other stories, though... choice seemed to be between the pro-mutant, anti-mutant, and pro-football positions... the middle-ground is probably (hopefully) going to be the more interesting LP. So yeah, have to go with Chat Meatfist here.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]

Return to “GPLP”