GPLP: X-Men Destiny

Graham & Paul Let's Play: Watch them play awful games.
matthewm
First Video: Sometthing from years ago.

Re: GPLP: X-Men Destiny

Postby matthewm » 25 Mar 2012, 13:29

Here's the amazing panel of Northstar coming out.

He was also a fairy for a while, but that got retconned.

He's getting married to his boyfriend this summer supposedly.

Also, he slept with Hercules.
365 Zines a Year: Zine and mini-comic reviews.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 25 Mar 2012, 14:06

HE'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!

Srsly, that's awesome.
Neofafnir
First Video: Bagel Time

Postby Neofafnir » 25 Mar 2012, 17:07

Don't get between Northstar and his boyfriend. In the most recent 2011-2012 miniseries he wrecks a lot of stuff when the badguys get his boyfriend. (The series while short was, I thought, pretty fun in a cheesy kind of way)
dackwards d
First Video: The Job

Postby dackwards d » 26 Mar 2012, 03:23

Why did absorbing Surge's control over electricity make Sublime become enormous? Although I did like how during the first part of the fight he was making comments about how his body was processing the genes and the changes it was going through, as if the whole thing was just another experiment to him. In a better game that would have left me interested in the character.
ImageImage
plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

Postby plummeting_sloth » 26 Mar 2012, 08:12

I was really hoping you were going to get Fist of (the) Northstar utility.

I'm glad you liked my Magneto with the bridge comment.
Last edited by plummeting_sloth on 26 Mar 2012, 09:27, edited 2 times in total.
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

Postby plummeting_sloth » 26 Mar 2012, 08:40

Also, why do they have propaganda in their own base? At this point, aren't they really more motivational posters? Maybe you should around and rip the pictures of waterfalls with the word "Consistency" under them.
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
Neofafnir
First Video: Bagel Time

Postby Neofafnir » 26 Mar 2012, 09:54

plummeting_sloth wrote:I was really hoping you were going to get Fist of (the) Northstar utility.

I'm glad you liked my Magneto with the bridge comment.

I am actually pretty sure their is an achievement in this game that goes and makes this joke.
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 26 Mar 2012, 13:49

You are quite right. It's called "Fist of the...". It's a secret achievement though so I just spoiled myself.

Also, there's an achievement called "Broken Glass, Everywhere". That's awesome.
Bacon
First Video: Unskippable lost planet

Postby Bacon » 26 Mar 2012, 14:06

plummeting_sloth wrote:Also, why do they have propaganda in their own base? At this point, aren't they really more motivational posters? Maybe you should around and rip the pictures of waterfalls with the word "Consistency" under them.

There was a propaganda poster on the reverse side of a billboard too, the side facing a wall, on the rooftop of a club, owned by a mutant...

I wouldn't be suprised if there was anti-mutant grafitti scrawled in crayon on the toilet doors in the Xavier institute ruins on the opposite side of the country.
Mysticman89
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Mysticman89 » 27 Mar 2012, 19:05

Speaking of achievements, how come I haven't seen any popping up for them?

I'm pretty sure they're on a 360, and surely they've done something achievement (possibly not-so-)worthy by now, given they got past the main menu.

While it's true they might be distracting, the commentary associated with getting achievements for rediculous things (and/or the achievement title) is probably apt to make up for it.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 27 Mar 2012, 20:21

Good question!

We turn them off for recording Unskippable but you're totally right, we should turn them back on.
CaptainSpam
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby CaptainSpam » 27 Mar 2012, 20:48

Y'know, I understand the whole issue about having to let the player play as someone who's cool and all if this is a superhero action game, but still, I really do have to wonder, what with you collecting and upgrading all the X-Genes throughout the game, each of which just so happens to kinda sorta represent the powers of OTHER X-Men, not to mention you helping out nearly any X-Men you happen to find, is this entire game just a huge, lavish quest to make you the most Mary Sue X-Man of all?
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 29 Mar 2012, 14:51

New episode online!

HERE
ecks
First Video: The one where I can't remember

Postby ecks » 29 Mar 2012, 15:09

No, I won't be getting tired of watching them shoot themselves point blank. Especially if they trash talk before doing so.
Also, did you actually manage to stand on top of one of those "awesome combo" things briefly (around 16:55-ish)? Emma sure does go all out on that HUD.
CaptainSpam
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby CaptainSpam » 29 Mar 2012, 18:17

After a long stretch of game whose mainline missions AND half of the Challenge Arena missions consist entirely of "beat up hordes of these same five guys over and over again", I really don't think it's fair to have missions where you have to do something unique and have the mission description THAT easy to dismiss.
Raging-Ostrich
First Video: Dragon Age 2 Unskippable

Postby Raging-Ostrich » 29 Mar 2012, 19:03

So the way the X-genes work is that is each pickup can be one of a few genes, not one of all the genes. Each one therefore can run out of genes if they are already collected. In that case you will get the XPMutator, which is 300 XP given directly to the player.
251521 10211920 12151920 200805 07011305
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 29 Mar 2012, 20:40

ecks wrote:Also, did you actually manage to stand on top of one of those "awesome combo" things briefly (around 16:55-ish)? Emma sure does go all out on that HUD.

I don't think so... just hovered above it as part of the ground-pound animation.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
Under_Score
First Video: Unskippable Pilot

Postby Under_Score » 29 Mar 2012, 21:02

Raging-Ostrich wrote:So the way the X-genes work is that is each pickup can be one of a few genes, not one of all the genes. Each one therefore can run out of genes if they are already collected. In that case you will get the XPMutator, which is 300 XP given directly to the player.

Hm, 300 doesn't seem like very much, but I suppose it could add up.
-Under Underscore Score (or just Underscore for short)
headband
First Video: Decadent Sports League

Postby headband » 29 Mar 2012, 21:05

ecks wrote:Also, did you actually manage to stand on top of one of those "awesome combo" things briefly (around 16:55-ish)? Emma sure does go all out on that HUD.

Wait a minute. Emma Frost's diamond form makes her impervious to mental attacks (mind reading, mind control, ect). So if Chad's version of it works just as Emma's does, and the interface stuff is from Emma's projections, how come it's still seen while he's in his diamond form?
Man, I'm such a nerd.
Under_Score
First Video: Unskippable Pilot

Postby Under_Score » 29 Mar 2012, 21:16

headband wrote:Wait a minute. Emma Frost's diamond form makes her impervious to mental attacks (mind reading, mind control, ect). So if Chad's version of it works just as Emma's does, and the interface stuff is from Emma's projections, how come it's still seen while he's in his diamond form?
Man, I'm such a nerd.

I would imagine because Emma knows how to bypass her own ability? After all, if she couldn't, she wouldn't be able to get her own mental abilities outside of her own diamond shield.
-Under Underscore Score (or just Underscore for short)
Raging-Ostrich

Postby Raging-Ostrich » 30 Mar 2012, 02:03

Under_Score wrote:
Raging-Ostrich wrote:So the way the X-genes work is that is each pickup can be one of a few genes, not one of all the genes. Each one therefore can run out of genes if they are already collected. In that case you will get the XPMutator, which is 300 XP given directly to the player.

Hm, 300 doesn't seem like very much, but I suppose it could add up.

What you need to note is that this is a backup plan. They never intended for it to be needed, but in the event it is that occurs.
ecks
First Video: The one where I can't remember

Postby ecks » 30 Mar 2012, 11:58

If they never intended it to be needed then all the more reason to not be so stingy! Thanks for explaining what that was though, I was wondering about it but too lazy to bother looking it up.

Under_Score wrote:
headband wrote:Wait a minute. Emma Frost's diamond form makes her impervious to mental attacks (mind reading, mind control, ect). So if Chad's version of it works just as Emma's does, and the interface stuff is from Emma's projections, how come it's still seen while he's in his diamond form?
I would imagine because Emma knows how to bypass her own ability? After all, if she couldn't, she wouldn't be able to get her own mental abilities outside of her own diamond shield.
Or maybe he's picked up enough of her DNA to project his own HUD now, although if that were the case I'd expect it to look more like ESPN.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 30 Mar 2012, 12:13

What, so they didn't expect people to be completionists? That's just poor planning right there.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Raging-Ostrich

Postby Raging-Ostrich » 30 Mar 2012, 22:55

Fayili wrote:What, so they didn't expect people to be completionists? That's just poor planning right there.

Not exactly. Let me try to explain it in more detail. Firstly, each X-Gene drop has a list of potential drops which are randomly selected. From that one of the options is selected. If all of the options are already used then it will be an XPMutator. However, that does not mean that from now on they will all be XPMutators.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 30 Mar 2012, 23:03

No, I know, but if it was a stopgap measure it means they weren't really expecting people to use up the options that quickly, which pretty much means they weren't expecting completionists. Which is silly.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Return to “GPLP”