Vorthos Volleyball

A place to talk about standard, casual, limited and everything in between.
chetoos
First Video: The Job

Re: Vorthos Volleyball

Postby chetoos » 13 May 2016, 07:48

Question: The energy of the enchantment awakens latent energy in the vampire which makes it stronger. You'll notice that it's already a 3/2, which is pretty strong compared to a human, who is normally either a 1/1 or a 2/1.
Flavor Text: "Humans are less likely to read the fine print if it is shaped into letters." Kothophed, soul hoarder

Question: I understand how Aura Gnarlid can get stronger from auras in the area, but what's the unable to block about?
Flavor Text: Baleful Eidolon
My Youtube Channel. Currently, I have a daily series where I play games that I like. Right now, it's Double Dragon Advance. I also have a weekly series where I play as the Archenemy from Duels 2012
Ladsworld
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby Ladsworld » 13 May 2016, 11:50

Q: Would YOU want to fight a badger that has been given a mystical enchantment? I thought not.
Flavor Text: In his past life, he may have been a scholar, a warrior, or a priest. Now, he serves only Erebos.

New Theme! Bant
Q: How does Valeron Wardens draw you cards?
Flavor Text: Arcades Sabboth
Chat Name: DrChillbrain
chetoos

Postby chetoos » 13 May 2016, 12:02

Question: When the Valeron Wardens see someone becoming renowned, they write it down, which is the information you get the card from.
Flavor Text: "Unlike Bolas, I believe the best offence is a good defense." Arcades Sabboth, last recorded words

Question: Phelddagrif. How do its abilities work? Like is it a contract with the opposing player?
Flavor Text: Crystallization.
My Youtube Channel. Currently, I have a daily series where I play games that I like. Right now, it's Double Dragon Advance. I also have a weekly series where I play as the Archenemy from Duels 2012
chetoos

Postby chetoos » 01 Jun 2016, 19:27

bump
theycallmejokke
First Video: Unskipperble: Lost Plant 2 - Part 1

Postby theycallmejokke » 02 Jun 2016, 03:47

Question: Phelddagrifs all come from the mysterious plane of Canada, as such they don't actully like fighting, but are at the same time to polite to say so when summoned by mages for battle. The things you opponent gets are the Phelddagrifs way of saying "I'm really very sorry". ;D
Flavor Text: Don't pick at it, it'll only get worse.

Question: Giltspire Avenger can destroy Griselbrand, if he doesn't block him, but can't if he does block him, why?
Flavor Text: Finest Hour.
"You have the right to remain silent. Mostly because I tire of your excuses."
chetoos

Postby chetoos » 02 Jun 2016, 06:29

Q: The Avenger has due process to follow, so he has to have evidence that the creature he is destroying has committed a crime, in this case damaging the planeswalker that summoned him. Basically, he can kill, but only if given proper authority.
Flavor Text: The most exalted Heroes inspire to such a degree that even time seems to obey them.

Question: How does Stoic Angel work?
Flavor Text: Treva, the renewer
theycallmejokke

Postby theycallmejokke » 02 Jun 2016, 16:00

Question: She is such a shining beacon of the Bant way of live, than her influence is even capable of touching creatures of Alara's other shards, to bad for them that her instilled stoicism only plays up to the strenght of Bant's way of war.
Flavor Text: Even from the death she brings, life springs a new.

Question: Why does Bant Sureblade only get his bonus when you control another multicolored permanent?
Flavor Text: Treva's Ruins.

Though Bant is my favorit shard, I do feel this Bant theme might be just smidge to constraining if carried on for much longer.
chetoos

Postby chetoos » 02 Jun 2016, 16:58

Question: The [shard] [adjective]blade cycle get power from the convergence of the shards, which radiate from multicolored permanents. It even works with multicolored stuff from other planes.
Flavor Text: "Even in her final act, Treva gave the plane life."

New Theme: Color iconic creature type (Hydra, dragon, sphinx, angel, demon)
Question: How does the Utvara Hellkite generate dragons of such a large size? Alternately, how has this dragon not taken over Ravnica by now?
Flavor Text: Polukranos, World Eater
Ladsworld
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby Ladsworld » 02 Jun 2016, 18:03

Q: It hasn't taken over Ravnica because it doesn't really care about taking over Ravnica, it just wants to fly around and do whatever it wants.
Flavor Text: "OMNOMNOMNOMNOM"

Q: How does Arbiter of the Ideal manifest the cards from your library?
Flavor Text: Zirilan of the Claw
Chat Name: DrChillbrain
chetoos

Postby chetoos » 02 Jun 2016, 18:55

Question: This card actually refers to Plato's, I think, theory of the ideal, in that there's an ideal form for everything, from chairs to people, and everything on earth is just a reflection or image of it. The arbiter pulls the ideal version of the creature/thing from Nyx, which makes it the enchantment version of the thing. As for why he has to untap for it, it's in the name of the ability. He is inspired and as such searches for inspiration. If he finds it, in the form of a creature, artifact, or land, he pulls it from the constellation world of Nyx.
Flavor Text: "Dragons are great beasts, but they also have great hunger. Don't keep them too long."

Question: Where does the Rakshasa Vizier get strength from Delving?
Flavor Text: Angelic Arbiter
theycallmejokke

Postby theycallmejokke » 03 Jun 2016, 03:05

Question: Like any "good" Vizier worth his salt the Rakshasa makes sure as you loses power (delve away your grave yard) he grows stronger, ready to usurp you when the time is right.
Flavor Text: "Her word is final, whether you like it or not"

Question: Why does Canopy Dragon lose Trample when it takes to the sky?
Flavor Text: Oran-Rief Hydra
chetoos

Postby chetoos » 03 Jun 2016, 09:33

Question: Since the Canopy Dragon doesn't normally fly, it takes all of its musculature to fly, which means that it loses trample.
Flavor Text: "The great Hydras of Oran-Rief. Magnificent, but you want to avoid their territory, which is most of Oran-Rief."

Question: Why does Argent Sphinx need metalcraft to blink?
Flavor Text: belltower sphinx
Artirian_Legacy
First Video: Friday Nights- Untap

Postby Artirian_Legacy » 04 Jun 2016, 12:58

Question: It needs the other artifacts to refract the light from so as to appear to become the mirage it's described as.
Flavor Text: There is nothing to gain in seeking it but madness.

Question: What causes Archangel of Thune to buff your team when you gain life?
Flavor Text: Archangel Avacyn
"What's wrong--are you afraid of me? Don't worry, I promise no one else will hear your screams."
-Tayan Ondir
chetoos

Postby chetoos » 05 Jun 2016, 06:43

Question: The region of Thune on Shandalar is a very White mana charged place, and when you gain life, that causes an overflow of white mana, the Archangel taps into that to grant power to your entire field.
Flavor Text: "I am your guardian. The hope I see in your eyes when you look upon my wings fills me with determination to guard you."

Question: How can anyone put counters on Feral Hydra?
Flavor Text: Genesis Hydra
chetoos

Postby chetoos » 16 Jun 2016, 13:56

bump? Also, new theme after this one, person who answers picks.
theycallmejokke

Postby theycallmejokke » 19 Jun 2016, 11:41

Question: The Feral Hydra's feral nature makes it incredibly hard to control as such any mage that does summon one won't be able to stop the hydra from snacking on any yummy mana treats thrown it by other nearby mages.
Flavor Text: "Talk about a weed getting out of control!"

New theme: Tribal, nice broad theme.

Question: Sensei Golden-Tail, can turn anything into a samurai even an ooze! How?
Flavor Text: Opal-Eye, Konda's Yojimbo.
chetoos

Postby chetoos » 19 Jun 2016, 12:31

Question: Sensei Golden-Tail is a VERY good sensei.
Flavor Text: "To reach Konda, you must pass me. You shall not pass me."

Question: What actually happens with Eldrazi Conscription? We've seen eldrazi possess people, like Kalitas, but this seems different.
Flavor Text: Gilt-leaf Ambush
theycallmejokke

Postby theycallmejokke » 20 Jun 2016, 01:19

Question: More precisely we've seen Ulamog and Kozilek possess people, this is different becourse Emrakul is in league of her own, all hail every once favorit spaghetti monster!
Flavor Text: "The only thing worse than being caught in a Gilt-leaf Ambush is getting caught in a Gilt-leaf Ambush where the elves' have the weapons coated in poison" - Kithkin scout

Question: Why can one only cast Myr Superion with mana produced by creatures? Not produced by Myrs, but any creatures mind you.

Flavor Text: Myr Battlesphere.
Artirian_Legacy
First Video: Friday Nights- Untap

Postby Artirian_Legacy » 20 Jun 2016, 13:14

Question: The Superion draws strength from creature mana more so than that of the plane itself. Under normal circumstances, it would almost always be from the other Myr looking to it for protection, but all creature-produced mana is equal in its eyes.
Flavor Text: You wouldn't like Myr when they're angry.

Question: How many Goblins would it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Flavor Text: Geist of Saint Traft
"What's wrong--are you afraid of me? Don't worry, I promise no one else will hear your screams."
-Tayan Ondir
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 20 Jun 2016, 16:16

Question: Depends on the plane. On Dominaria, a Jamuraan goblin might throw it at you as a weapon, while a Shivan goblin might divine its purpose and only take one. The rest would probably just crush it or eat it. Kamigawan akki will probably throw it at you as a weapon, while Lorwyn boggarts would probably steal it and hide it as a prank. Mirrodin goblins would probably screw it in, and then try to figure out how to overcharge it, most likely unsuccessfully. On Rakdos, a Boros goblin would likely break it and attach it to a stick as a weapon. Gruul goblins would likely just smash it underfoot. Rakdos goblins would likely break it and use it to cut themselves and others in a ritual. Izzet goblins would likely add it to an experiment as a blinking light. On Tarkir, Mardu and Temur goblins alike would find no use for it and would toss it away. Finally, Zendikari goblins would likely eat it.

Flavor Text: Oh no... She's right behind me, isn't she? You guys should've warned me before I said the thing...

----

Question: There are a lot of "Avatar" creatures in Magic. Where do they come from and how do they come into being?

Flavor Text: Mirror Entity
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

theycallmejokke

Postby theycallmejokke » 22 Jun 2016, 13:10

Question: Like angels avatars a beings mana and the believes and philosophies of said mana, but on a whole other level. Angels are to avatars what a mage is to a planswalker.

Flavor Text: As Mirror Entity already have flavor text, I assume you refer to the Mirror Entity avatar card from Vanguard*
"Never pick a fight with someone who commands dragon ooze spider ninjas!"

Question: Why does Archon of Redemption only heal you when a flying creature is summoned?

Flavor Text: Ornitharch

* And if so that took some seriously deep digging Memo, very nicely done sir, bravo!
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 22 Jun 2016, 13:33

(I didn't realize that it was only cards that didn't already have flavor text. I didn't actually read the rules before now and just inferred them from the current responses.)
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

chetoos

Postby chetoos » 22 Jun 2016, 14:29

Question: Well, first of all, Emeria seems to refer to the Kor God, the region, and Emrakul, so all of those seem to have flying in common, so yeah.
Flavor Text: "The divine chariot is light enough that a bird could pull it."

Question: What happened to the Fire-field ogre?
Flavor Text: Cloudfin Raptor
theycallmejokke

Postby theycallmejokke » 05 Jul 2016, 01:21

Riiise my dead horse! Riiise!

Question: Well someone *Cough* Nicol Bolas *Cough* clearly had this ogre and a lot of fire and whent "Hmmm, wonder if we can get a Reese thing going here...", spoilers he could. :D
Flavor Text: "No you can't keep it honey, I know it's small now, but it won't last."

Question: Why does Goblin Piledriver have protection from Blue? It just seems so random.
Flavor Text: Goblin Sharpshooter.
chetoos

Postby chetoos » 05 Jul 2016, 05:23

I'm all for dead horse beating :P

Question: Because it's too slippery for the normally very careful and planned blue mages to target with its spells. He's a wrestler, those guys resist blue magic usually. Or, the piercings in his chin are the protection generators. Take your pick :P
Flavor Text: "One shot, one kill. Hopefully."

New theme: Eldrazi. Next new theme will be Eldritch moon, once all the cards are spoiled.
Question: Who built the Eldrazi Monument? Do you think it was a legitimate worship, or a warning to future Zendikari?
Flavor Text: Deceiver of Form
(For this theme, I predict the first part will be hard to find, while the second will be very easy to find.)

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”