Hedron Alignment in Standard

A place to talk about standard, casual, limited and everything in between.
Paviel
First Video: Mustache You A Question

Hedron Alignment in Standard

Postby Paviel » 23 Apr 2016, 23:06

"The Alignment" has convinced me to get back into Magic: The Gathering, and now I'm particularly interested in putting together a Standard deck based around Hedron Alignment.

I'm sure that I'm not going to win very many games with such a deck, but I'm equally sure that I'll have fun even losing with it. This is by no means a final draft, but here are the cards that look particularly interesting to me.

LIBRARY

Creatures
4 Reckless Scholar (U)
4 Salvage Drone (U)
4 Forgotten Creation (U)
1 Erebos' Titan (B)

Enchantments
4 Hedron Alignment (U)

Artifacts
2 Brain in a Jar (C)

Sorceries
3 Artificer's Epiphany (U)
2 Mystic Meditation (U)
4 Biting Rain (B)
4 Transgress the Mind (B)
1 Pore Over the Pages (U)

Lands
4 Choked Estuary (or Submerged Boneyard) (B-U)
14 Island (U)
9 Swamp (B)

SIDEBOARD (still incomplete)

Sorcery
3 Duress

Instant
3 Invasive Surgery

I would guess that I could do with a few more creatures and a few fewer lands, just on brief reflection.
Last edited by Paviel on 24 Apr 2016, 09:44, edited 1 time in total.
fantôme
First Video: mtgo drafts

Re: Hedron Alignment in Standard

Postby fantôme » 24 Apr 2016, 03:05

Don't forget you'll also need a way to get a Hedron Alignment into exile, unfortunately there are very few ways to do this in standard at the moment - the only things that come to mind are Nahiri and Sigarda, (either of which would put you into four colours...).
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 24 Apr 2016, 05:08

If you add white, you can use Angelic Purge to (potentially) get one into the graveyard and one into exile simultaneously, assuming they were both on the battlefield when you cast it.

Alternatively, you could add Horribly Awry, and aim to counter your own Hedron Alignment to get it into exile.
Paviel
First Video: Mustache You A Question

Postby Paviel » 24 Apr 2016, 09:17

fantôme wrote:Don't forget you'll also need a way to get a Hedron Alignment into exile, unfortunately there are very few ways to do this in standard at the moment - the only things that come to mind are Nahiri and Sigarda, (either of which would put you into four colours...).

I haven't forgotten; my plan is to use Transgress the Mind on myself for that.

Though Horribly Awry works too. Maybe I'll put four in and remove two swamps and two islands.

Edited my deck to specify the color of each card. Do you think my ratio of islands to swamps is okay? I do have fewer black cards than I thought I had. (9, compared to 22 blue cards.) Is it usually a good idea to have the same proportion of lands of a given color compared to spells? (e.g. twice as many islands as swamps in a deck with twice as many blue spells as black spells?)

Return to “Magic: The Gathering”