VOYAGER RPG: Rules, Questions, Player Signup and OOC Chat

Share your latest adventures with anything tabletop: RPGs, boardgames, miniatures, etc.
DSmaster21
First Video: Friday Nights-Untap
Location: You will hear on the news one day. Zombies! Wait no disregard that random word.

Re: VOYAGER RPG: Rules, Questions, Player Signup and OOC Cha

Postby DSmaster21 » 09 Dec 2013, 20:56

I have a plan to revive the thread but I requires some ooc and some ic questions for simplicity I will post questions here.

My backstory has me as a minor noble may I use this to determine speech patterns, style and and cultural standards of important and wealthy people?

Do we have enough money to buy such clothing and do I have time to teach the others enough noblespeak to get by when passing the guards and rabble?

IC: Does the nomad know the name of this powerful man we are robbing?/Can he tell me the name?

Do I get bonuses to lying with knowing and satisfying all this conditions allowing as well the addition of my training?

My plan is to hire Heph's character to be "entertainment". (I dress him up nice and say he is a valorous and noble bard and musician.(He will not have to play, hopefully)) I dress the others in even finer clothes and they and I claim to have an appointment with "Insert Villain Name Here". If all goes well this excellent proof (with the requisite knowledge that I must depend on MPII to allow or not) will put my lying bonus through the roof.

I will not be on this site for about a week if worst comes to worst, (semester testing, school has blocked lrr site, busy trying to not fail classes) but I eagerly hope that this plan may go well enough to get us in the door of this "Fortress" (I can't believe it has been so long and we couldn't make up a decent plan or leeroy it and die)
Self wrote: I lost my humanity back in 2013 BC ahhhh the good old days.

Ptangmatik wrote: We drew things on your face. Oh, and you're now legally called Clivendorf von Whiffenpoofle. Congratulations.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 10 Dec 2013, 10:49

I'm happy to play this freeform: basically, if anyone can think of an idea and it's sufficiently interesting & appropriate, it'll do.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Mums
First Video: Checkpoint "Socially inept"

Postby Mums » 12 Dec 2013, 04:25

I'm up for that idea. Right now I'm to swamped to think things up to start it again.
Sit down. Get ready. Sit down again!

The perfectly lying, lying bastad!
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 15 Jun 2014, 22:48

Hey guys. Sorry for ditching this thread, sort of. Life got insane and I only just now remembered it existed, to find out it's dead. I'm going to read up and find out what happened after I got lost at the bar.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 16 Jun 2014, 00:35

Nyeh, it died a slow death of its own accord. I enjoyed running it, but the various participants are relatively occasional posters and there weren't enough of them to keep it going. I'd do something similar again if I could get enough interest.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."

Return to “Tabletop and D&D”