General Chat Thread

Share your latest adventures with anything tabletop: RPGs, boardgames, miniatures, etc.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

General Chat Thread

Postby JackSlack » 19 Oct 2013, 12:19

We have one elsewhere, here's the tabletop version.

So, we're horrible fucking people. Ergo, Cards Against Humanity.

This is the second time I've been horrible enough to provoke horrified gasps rather than laughs.

"Sorry, professor, but I couldn't complete my homework because The Virginia Tech Massacre."

Why am I proud of something I'm ashamed of?
Myrph
First Video: Frozen Assets

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby Myrph » 19 Oct 2013, 16:38

The favourite combination I've ever had the pleasure of playing (and obviously winning the round with) is probably "What gives me gas? Auschwitz". Kinda a similar thing going on there.

But then if you aren't getting some horrified groans out of the people you're playing with, then you're playing it wrong!
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 19 Oct 2013, 18:34

Myrph: I was very, very happy to NOT win when I used the Auschwitz card on [blank] + [blank] = [blank]

The winner was, "The clitoris" + "A gentle stroking inside the thigh" = "The female orgasm". Which we all agreed was accurate and quite lovely.
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 20 Oct 2013, 09:54

Does anybody know the secret technique for Getting Your Roommate to Get Off His Ass and Finish Making His Pathfinder Campaign so We Can Freaking Start Already?

Seriously, my dhampir bard-assassin is just withering on the vine, here...
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Mums
First Video: Checkpoint "Socially inept"

Postby Mums » 20 Oct 2013, 11:24

Bribes
Sit down. Get ready. Sit down again!

The perfectly lying, lying bastad!
Myrph
First Video: Frozen Assets

Postby Myrph » 20 Oct 2013, 12:41

Mums wrote:Bribes

Failing that, physical violence and failing that, run the campaign yourself and use your PC as the villain.
Tzimisce
First Video: it's magic

Postby Tzimisce » 08 Nov 2013, 01:21

Remind them you own swords
I am Tzimisce.
I am incredibly warped and Twisted...
Would you like to be, too?
My Mom passed away Oct 14 2015, looking for some light in the darkness. Seeking help for final costs.
http://www.gofundme.com/gzmie4
DJ Spacepirate
First Video: ENN? ENN

Postby DJ Spacepirate » 21 Nov 2013, 21:12

"Crawl Spaces"
Excuse me while I lurk
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 15 Jan 2014, 15:25

There's a my little Pony CCG.

There's a godamned My Little Pony CCG.

That nobody is currently playing it near me that I'm aware of is pretty much my only salvation at this point.
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 15 Jan 2014, 15:52

Guys.

Guys.

GUYS!

I've found a semi-regular Shadowrun group! I'm SO DAMNED HAPPY RIGHT NOW.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 15 Jan 2014, 16:06

Woo! That's great! :D
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 15 Jan 2014, 16:10

I'm playing an ex-IRA decker who is stalked by a rogue AI who pathologically erases all his Matrix activity.

JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 15 Jan 2014, 16:16

Sounds about right. Actually, you've reminded me of an idea... Starting new thread!
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 11 Feb 2014, 15:55

A friend of mine just started writing for ATGN. His first article was about the game "The World Needs A Jetpack Unicorn", which I had never heard of until he made me play it.
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 17 Feb 2014, 19:46

Speaking of Cards Against Humanity, here is an online clone, in case you feel like being a terrible, terrible person, but can't find anyone to be terrible with.
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 11 Aug 2014, 06:59

I've recently really gotten into the World of Darkness series from White Wolf. I got the Vampire, Geist, and Hunter core books, and my friends and I might start a casual WoD campaign soon. Anybody else into it?

JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 12 Aug 2014, 23:57

I'm a huge fan of WoD, either old or new version.

Prospero, if you can stomach it, I'd also really recommend Changeling: The Lost. Also, I'm assuming you mean Vampire: The Requiem and Hunter: The Vigil, not Vampire: The Masquerade and Hunter: The Reckoning? (Also, if I'm right, I assume you have the core WoD book.)
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 13 Aug 2014, 06:01

You are correct sir. Although I got Vampire and the core book in a bundle that included the anniversary edition of Vampire: The Masquerade, so I have that too.

JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 13 Aug 2014, 15:21

Nice.

Well, then... Yeah! Do check out Changeling: The Lost. Horrifying yet kind of hopeful?

I also really like Werewolf, both of 'em, but I'm a little biased. (I did a fair amount of work on Apocalypse and a tiny bit on Forsaken.) Still, I think both are really good, esp. Forsaken.
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 13 Aug 2014, 18:38

I'm not really into werewolves as a concept. Will Forsaken change my mind?

JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 14 Aug 2014, 03:06

Probably not. It adds a layer of spirituality to the concept and plays up heavily the notion of the pack as the family, which works well, but they're werewolves, much more so than in Apocalypse which is why I like it more.
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 14 Aug 2014, 05:24

I ended up getting the Mummy book before I saw your post about Changeling. I want to assemble a collection of the entire nWoD eventually, though.

Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 14 Aug 2014, 13:09

Played a couple of sessions of Werewolf, my character was Bladevash, based on Christian Humber Reloaded, because I absolutely LOVE that fanfic. So I went around talking like an idiot trying to sound like the awesomest dude around, and I was the laughingstock of the party. My introduction went to the tune of "My name is Bladevash, but you can call me. . . Bladevash." Not even I could keep a straight face with that one. So I was written off as a incompetent moron. Until halfway through the first session, a Red Talon called me out for being a filthy Bone Gnawer. I suspect this was partially an attempt by the GM to put me in my place, but combat started, I won initiative, and, even going barehanded when I built him for using a weapon, I oneshot the guy. Rolled roughly 2 billion successes. It was glorious.
Image Image Image
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 14 Aug 2014, 13:23

Honestly, I don't like fanfiction. Nothing personal against those who do. I just don't care to write it or read it. But man, the World of Darkness has SO many possibilities that I'm tempted to write something just as an exercise.

Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 14 Aug 2014, 13:41

Prospero101 wrote:Honestly, I don't like fanfiction. Nothing personal against those who do. I just don't care to write it or read it. But man, the World of Darkness has SO many possibilities that I'm tempted to write something just as an exercise.
Christian Humber Reloaded is like the. . . ummmmmm. . . Christian Humber Reloaded of fanfiction. It's hard to compare. from TVTropes
It's hard to describe the plot of the story, not because it's intricate and involved, but because it's very... sporadic, to put it lightly. The first chapters describe a wolf whose family is killed by hunters, and who is subjected to experiments by scientists. Sort of Rats of NIMH by way of White Fang, you might say. The last chapters describe a cyborg vampire wolf-Saiyan-Demon-Dragon-Horteka armed to the teeth with multiply-apocalyptic superpowers and weapons marching on Washington alongside the father of all vampires, a world-hopping mystic knight, the hero's cyborg shark-man boyfriend, and the hero's half-brother, a miles-long dragon that can control the seasons. How did he get from point A to point B? By murdering billions of demons, monsters, aliens, soldiers, cops, scientists, and innocent bystanders from all across the multiverse.

I feel like I should point out that the miles lon dragon isn't some sort of Falcor-esque Eastern dragon, but your standard kind. Again, from TVTropes.
Season-Bringer is probably the most egregious use, but any time numbers are used counts. This goes both absurdly high and absurdly low. Season-Bringer is 22 miles long, yet somehow weighs as much as the United States (including the continent it's built on!), and in spite of that ridiculous size and mass "only" needs a few million tons of flesh and bone to sustain himself. Somehow he can still fit in a two-man spaceship

Words cannot express how much I love it. And I actually found out about it here on these forums thanks to the long-absent Nevrmore
Image Image Image

Return to “Tabletop and D&D”