Heroes Unlimited Gameplay Thread

Share your latest adventures with anything tabletop: RPGs, boardgames, miniatures, etc.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Re: Heroes Unlimited Gameplay Thread

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 17 Feb 2015, 09:00

7 and 1 respectively (unmodified)
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 17 Feb 2015, 14:40

In his wild lashing, Dougie invariably manages to swing in Robert's direction. I'll need Robert to react.
Omnicrat
First Video: Loading Ready Run Premiers on Monday

Postby Omnicrat » 17 Feb 2015, 17:30

If I try to dodge does it mean I can't degoop him? If it does, I take the hit, if it doesn't I try to dodge.
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 17 Feb 2015, 17:44

If you don't dodge, you'll take damage and get some of the goop on you.
If you successfully parry the attack, you won't take damage and will get less goop on you.
If you dodge, you will lose your next action but avoid getting any goop on you.
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 17 Feb 2015, 17:47

I try to parry and roll... a 7
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 17 Feb 2015, 18:26

You succeed in knocking aside the wild swing, resulting in a small amount of resin on your sleeve. That won't wash out.

The headless robot fires another wild shot, hitting nothing of note.

Kenji is next.
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 17 Feb 2015, 18:28

I want to run after the severely damaged robot and put him down before he gets help. I'm not being precise here, I just want to gun him down so he can't get away. My roll is 14 unmodified.
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 20 Feb 2015, 10:07

You manage to establish line of sight and fire a wild burst at the retreating robot. Unfortunately, between needing to compensate for your own motion and the robot's erratic body movement due to the damage, you find yourself unable to strike successfully.

The next to act is one of the fully gooped robots. It scrapes ineffectually at the hardening fluid on its gun arm.

The fleeing, heavily damaged robot is next. It reaches the front door of the police station and throws it open, diving inside and speaking in a garbled synthesized voice "Emergency. Assault in progress. Communications impaired."

Robert is next.
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 20 Feb 2015, 11:09

Continuing his "I'm sorry"s, Robert fires the solvent at the top half of Dougie. Rolled a 15.
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 20 Feb 2015, 11:27

The solvent immediately halts the hardening, and the resin begins to run off. It will take a few seconds to fully run off, but there's no longer any risk of it just gumming up further if attempts are made to scrape it away. A second application will be necessary for the lower half.

(I'll post more later - currently on my phone in a mall when I should be handing out resumes.)
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 20 Feb 2015, 23:03

From now on, I'll be skipping the turns of the robots that are fully gooped, as they aren't doing anything effective anyway. Which means it's Dougie's turn, actually.
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 21 Feb 2015, 01:56

Realising he can actually move his arms again, Dougie directs a portion of his incandescent rage onto the robot who has had the gall to try and get away. Using his arms and bouncing ability, he throws himself in a full-length rugby tackle at the slowly fleeing robot, screaming "GIT BACK HERE YE FILTHY METAL BASTAD AN' LET ME CRACK YER FOOKIN' HID IN!!"

...unfortunately, I then rolled a 1 :/
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 21 Feb 2015, 13:24

The robot's back tastes of metal and resin, as Dougie finds out when the goop still coating his legs prevents him from bouncing effectively. The flop has cost you your next action as you stand up again, and you are once again covered in resin on your upper half.

The headless robot is safely around the corner and not able to harm anyone in its wild frenzy.

Kenji is next.
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 21 Feb 2015, 13:31

Kenji hears the robot's warning klaxon around the corner of the police station and gives a loud "AI-YAH!" before cursing in fluent Japanese and taking off after it.

He's going to pummel the damaged robot with bullets as soon as he sees it.

Natural 20!

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 23 Feb 2015, 20:36

I wasn't going to get you to roll damage, but I want to see the numbers for fun. Assuming you're firing a burst, it'll be 4d6x4 per weapon.
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 23 Feb 2015, 20:53

Love = 12 X 4 = 48
Hate = 11 x 4 = 44

Tee hee. Crits are fun.

Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 24 Feb 2015, 14:53

The robot's torso disintegrates in a shower of bullets, casing fragments, and lubricants. A battered box with several trailing wires, appearing to be reinforced, falls from the middle of its chest, and as it lands, the remaining components topple around it. The robot is completely destroyed.

From your current position by the open door, you can see a small amount of the interior of the office. It appears that some extensive remodeling work is in progress, with signs of construction dust all over the exposed concrete. On the left hand side are several large sheets of plastic hanging from the ceiling, as if to keep the dust from interfering from what's on the other side. You can't see far enough to the right to tell if there's anything there, and there are no people visible, although it's logical to assume the robot wasn't calling to an empty building.

I'm calling this combat here. There are no remaining visible threats, and the resin has functionally immobilized the robots capable of doing any damage. If Dougie wants to manually disassemble one of the robots to vent his frustration, he can do so at his leasure and without fear of counterattack. At this point, I'll assume Robert is able to finish applying solvent without further incident. As for the wildly flailing and firing robot, it's up to you guys how you want to deal with that.

How do you three proceed?
(For those waiting in the wings, I haven't forgotten about you. Your time is coming soon.)

Edit: For reference, this wild scene took less than 30 seconds of in-game time.
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 24 Feb 2015, 17:57

Kenji reloads and holsters his pistols, then bends to scoop up the black box - whether or not it's actually black, he relates it to the similar device on an airplane - and trots over to the driveway to the back lot where his compatriots are. He's humming a Japanese pop song under his breath as he strolls over, watching the good doctor release Dougie from the spray of resin. It seems as if Kenji has barely broken a sweat.

"Doctor!" Kenji said as he approached, waving the box in his hand. "I come bearing gifts."

Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 24 Feb 2015, 18:54

The box is actually hot to the touch, and the longer you hold it, the hotter it gets. It may be a good idea to find some other way of holding it.
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 24 Feb 2015, 18:55

In that case, Kenji is going to fumble it to the ground at the doctor's feet, muttering "Ai-yah..."

Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 24 Feb 2015, 20:07

Rober does whatever kind of check he needs to identify what that box is. I'm rolling a d% with a result of...13. Low is good for the % die, right? I'm remembering how that works correctly?

As I point of note, after Dougie regooped himself, Rober yelled "STOP DOING THINGS!!!" not at the top of his lungs, but perhaps a tad louder than he should have.
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 25 Feb 2015, 05:07

Dougie has completely ignored all surrounding events, including the heating up box, and is continuing to pummel the ever-loving crap out of the robot, a barrage of expletives spewing forth from his mouth as he does so.
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 26 Feb 2015, 10:41

As Dougie swings away, the resin covering the robot quickly hardens into a solid layer that absorbs most of his blows. The robot itself is functionally encased.

Although the cube device is unlike any power source he's ever seen before, Robert's expertise suggests that that's the only thing this could be. The fact that it's heating up is worrying, at best. You do not have the tools at your disposal to examine it on site, nor do you have proper transportation containers. You do have the resin gun, however.
Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 26 Feb 2015, 11:57

Robert toss it a little ways away, goops it, then say "Thats probably about to explode. Not sure if the resin will absorb all of the blast, so perhaps we should take some cover behind the already immobilized Robots?" He then moves to behind one of the standing gooped robots.
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 26 Feb 2015, 12:04

Kenji didn't move. Instead he reached into his jacket pocket for a cigarette and lit up. "Alternatively," He said, blowing a stream of smoke at the night sky. "We could infiltrate the police station as our mission entails and leave this thing to explode harmlessly in the parking lot?"

Return to “Tabletop and D&D”