World of Darkness Gameplay Thread

Share your latest adventures with anything tabletop: RPGs, boardgames, miniatures, etc.
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Re: World of Darkness Gameplay Thread

Postby Atifexe » 01 Mar 2015, 16:02

On three, Nate grips and pulls firmly.

One die, one success - roll of eight.
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 01 Mar 2015, 16:04

Alrighty! Two successes between you is enough to rip the remaining rusty leg out of the floor. It's a heavy bugger, an old model made of iron. You won't be able to move it far, but you can shift it across the floor far enough to reach the table.
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 02 Mar 2015, 20:58

(OOC: Sorry for the delay, misunderstood what was happening.)

Big Nate shrugs in response to Mark's question. "I dunno! Could be that, or maybe copper or rusted metal, I was thinking?" He glances down at his body. Not seeing any blood to apply to the tire iron, he decides to glance around the store in a last ditch effort to find one of those two materials. Not even a weapon, just something he can toss at the ghost-man to see if it connects.

Going to use a point of willpower here, since my wits and investigation proved insufficient last time. So my result of three dice was one success.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 07 Mar 2015, 08:47

(Real life totally sucks!)

Okay, Big Nate's one success allows him to find a small copper T-joint, apparently used for connecting three pipes in a system. It's about the size of his palm and has a hefty weight to it. This search is your action for the turn and so you don't get a chance to try your theory yet.

It's ???'s turn now. A downright freezing breeze permeates the hardware store through the open door, causing the flourescent bulb above Ghost-Man to shake and flicker. Ghost-Man completely disappears until the light comes back on. He gives an impotent snarl at the ghosts that rebel against him. The cacophony of whispers resolves into words once more: "Dead red iron! Dead red iron! Old dead red iron! Gone brings light to darkness, need darkness no light! Hate light HATE HATE HATE GONE GONE GONE!" The open door rattles against its frame and slams shut for a moment. Then it opens again and is completely ripped off its hinges and sent hurtling against the wall near Big Nate and knocking over a series of shelves there. You can hear something long and metallic clatter to the floor.

Back to Ghost-Man. He says something that sounds more like a rush of static than actual words and whirls on Mark. He lifts a fist as a bizarre purple energy floods from his eyes, nose, and mouth. His fists seem to disappear, replaced by wedges of solid purple light. He takes a swing at Mark with this energy blade.

Pool of five dice minus Mark's Defense of 3 makes 2 dice. 1 success. Mark takes a slash across the middle, ripping open his shirt and making him double over in pain. He takes one point of lethal damage. It's his turn now.

Back at the basement: Heidi and Webhead, you've pulled the radiator out of the floor. With some effort, you can slide it over to the table and get to it. What do you do?

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 07 Mar 2015, 12:17

Would this be a team strength roll?
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 07 Mar 2015, 12:21

Nah, I don't think a roll is necessary here. You're both shoving the radiator a few feet across the floor. If you wanted to actually pick it up, that'd be a Strength roll.

My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 07 Mar 2015, 12:26

In that case I drag it across the floor and take a look for the handcuff key. Do I need to roll for this?
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 07 Mar 2015, 12:28

Nope, it's lying right there on the table. The table hosts: your pistol, your wallet, your keyring (which contains your handcuff key), and your phone. Nate's wallet and keys are also there. (He'll recall that he dropped his phone in Last Gas and it was subsequently picked up by Mark and Big Nate.)

My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 07 Mar 2015, 12:32

I grab the keys and quickly attempt to free both myself and Nate from the cuffs. After that, I grab my pistol, flick the safety on, cram my own possessions into my pockets and then check the gun is loaded.
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 07 Mar 2015, 12:35

The gun is loaded. It's got seven rounds in the magazine, plus one in the chamber.

Heidi's practiced hands release her and Nate from the handcuffs with ease, allowing them to finally stand up and move freely.

Belgarion
First Video: The Wire

Postby Belgarion » 07 Mar 2015, 13:37

"What the hell is this thing!?" Mark wonders aloud even as he digs in his pocket for the little knife he always carries. Even though the disembodied voices have made Mark doubt his earlier conclusion about blood being the key, he feels that it still warrants at least one shot so as to eliminate it completely. Now however, he won't be nearly as surprised should he find he was wrong. Of course he is probably going to have a new scar to show for it, but if that's all that happens he won't complain one bit.

As he pulls the knife out he considers cutting the palm of his hand, but quickly rejects it on the off chance he goes too deep and causes permanent damage. As someone hoping to one day become a full fledged doctor he will need full use of his hands. So with a grimace and a small grunt of pain he drags the knife across his forearm (noting the point of lethal damage, up to 2 now) he quickly shoves the knife under his belt and grasps his new cuts with is hand. Then he coats the wrench with blood.

Raising his weapon he swing the bloodied end with determination and silently prays he is right.

OOC: Using a point of will to get 3 attack rolls.

Rolls: 9, 7, 2...1 success
If the scapegoat ever goes extinct, who are we going to blame?
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 07 Mar 2015, 13:59

...y'know, you didn't have to cut yourself open. You were already bleeding from that wound you just got. No going back now!

For the first time, Mark feels his tire iron meet flesh with a solid thunk, and the Ghost-Man howls in pain, crumpling to his knees in the pool of flourescent light. Coming into contact with his bane inflicts three points of aggravated damage. 1 from your success to hit, plus another two for the tire iron's damage.

Aggravated damage is the worst kind of damage in the game. It's only inflicted by supernatural effects like these.

You've sussed out Ghost-Man's weakness! Iron coated in blood seems to do the trick.

It's Big Nate's turn now.

Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 07 Mar 2015, 21:30

Promptly ignoring the copper joint, Big Nate rushes over to Mark when he sees the blow hit. "Alright," he grunts. "Guess you were right. Could I...?" He holds his tire iron out, but isn't quite willing to start smearing it in Mark's blood without permission.

(OOC: I'm thinking since Mark can respond even if it's not his turn, if he says yes and Big Nate still has time, he'll coat his weapon in blood too.)

I wrote a book!
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 07 Mar 2015, 22:01

Unfortunately, you used your spare time to move over to Mark and talk to him. Each turn only lasts a few seconds of real time, so I don't think you could plausibly run over, talk to Mark, coat your tire iron in blood, and attack all in the same turn. If you want to forgo your attack for this turn, then you can do the coating now.

Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 07 Mar 2015, 23:28

OOC: Yeah, I'll do that if Mark says it's okay. Doesn't seem like there's any point in attacking without it. I didn't think I'd be able to attack to after all that.

I wrote a book!
Belgarion

Postby Belgarion » 08 Mar 2015, 02:52

"Feel free," responds Mark offering his freshly cut arm "No sense two of us bleeding for this thing."
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 08 Mar 2015, 14:57

Squeamishly, trying not to get blood all over himself as well, Big Nate rubs the tire iron along Mark's wound, rotating it to cover as much as possible. "Sorry," he mumbles, knowing it must hurt immensely.

I wrote a book!
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 08 Mar 2015, 15:08

Squeamish, you say? Make a Stamina + Composure roll to avoid throwing up. That's a lot of blood. :P

Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 08 Mar 2015, 15:14

Out of five dice, two successes!

I wrote a book!
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 08 Mar 2015, 15:14

I didn't really expect you to fail that, but it would've been hilarious if you had.

Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 08 Mar 2015, 15:26

This is true. :P

I wrote a book!
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 12 Mar 2015, 12:03

Nate collects his stuff and looks around the room. "I'm going to follow your lead," he says to Heidi, "but I will ask that you lead us out of here." Despite his calculated words, Nate is feeling disturbed. It's going to be a while before I can meditate this shit away, he thinks.
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 12 Mar 2015, 14:47

Heidi nods, her serious face taking the lead. She takes the pistol in both hands, then hands her phone and cuffs to Nate.

"Watch the phones in case the guys try to ring. If that nutcase comes back, worst comes to the worst you can use the cuffs as a knuckleduster. Until then, follow my lead, and follow close."

What can I see in the direction that the dude disappeared in (the left, I believe you said)?
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 12 Mar 2015, 18:56

The direction Ghost-Man left in is somewhat immaterial, since the only exit is a rickety wooden staircase to your left. There's a locked door at the top, but it seems to rattle on its hinges. You can roll Strength + Athletics to break it down.

Back to the hardware store: Ghost-Man's eyes widen as he notices Big Nate lather up his weapon with Mark's fresh blood. With a final snarl he's gone, stepping out of the light of the flourescent tube and vanishing, leaving nothing but a cold breeze in his wake. Combat is now over. Big Nate and Mark both gain a Beat for sussing out Ghost-Man's weakness.

The Ghost-Man reappears beneath the flickering, swinging bulb in front of the spinning gears in the basement. His eyes widen as he noticed the lopsided radiator and hears the creak of footsteps up the wooden stairs. "NO!" He howls at the top of his voice.

Belgarion

Postby Belgarion » 13 Mar 2015, 02:27

Mark breathes an audible sigh of relief when their opponent disappears. Turning to Nate he says "I don't mind telling you that that thing scared the living shit out of me. Give me a couple minutes to fix up these cuts then we can go find Webhead and Heidi and get the hell out of here."

Mark quickly pulls his backpack off and digs into it for the the ever present first aid kit. Moving under the single light he goes into emergency doctor mode.

OOC: binding my wounds as a temporary measure to stop the bleeding, I think I can do this without using up too much time.

Int(3) + Medicine(4) + 2 (first aid kit) = 9 dice pool (+1 for specialty in emergency care?) = 10

4 successes

Return to “Tabletop and D&D”