World of Darkness Gameplay Thread

Share your latest adventures with anything tabletop: RPGs, boardgames, miniatures, etc.
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Re: World of Darkness Gameplay Thread

Postby Prospero101 » 13 Mar 2015, 06:46

Hmm. Okay, I can't find anything in the rules for what exactly that would do, but I hate to tell a player they can't do something...so we'll say that adequately bandaging your wounds reduces one point of lethal damage down to bashing.
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Belgarion
First Video: The Wire

Postby Belgarion » 13 Mar 2015, 07:10

Prospero101 wrote:Hmm. Okay, I can't find anything in the rules for what exactly that would do, but I hate to tell a player they can't do something...so we'll say that adequately bandaging your wounds reduces one point of lethal damage down to bashing.

My goal was to act quickly and stop the bleeding so we can go look for Nate and Heidi and i didn;t know what to roll for that. However your solution works great!
If the scapegoat ever goes extinct, who are we going to blame?
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 13 Mar 2015, 07:24

Bleeding isn't really a mechanic in WoD until your entire track fills with lethal damage. Then you start bleeding out.

As it stands, lethal wounds take about a day each to heal. But if you adequately tend to them (like I'm assuming you'll stitch yourself up when you get a chance), you can heal them all in one day. After that the wounds are cosmetic.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 13 Mar 2015, 08:50

Big Nate nods in agreement at Mark's words. "Scared the spoop right out of me too." He pauses, reflecting on something. "I have an idea about this thing. It seems to appear in light... maybe we grab a flashlight if we can find one? Even if that doesn't help fight Mr. Ghost, still could be handy if we need to wander around this place much more. I know I'd feel better with some light."

OOC: Big Nate has realized that Mark is a far better searcher than he is, so he's not going to search on his own, since he has no chance of success without expending willpower.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Belgarion

Postby Belgarion » 13 Mar 2015, 10:01

Mark grins weakly clearly wrungt out a bit from everything that has happened. but still finds time to be a bit amused that Big Nate had already forgotten. He takes a few steps and picks up the old fashioned flashlight they had found during their first search. Handing it to Nate he says "This should work. I doubt we'll find anything better anyway. Let's go find out friends and get away from here. I'm pretty tired and I still need to stitch my wounds properly, but I don't want to do it here."

Mark moves toward the now doorless opening but pauses just before exiting the building. Looking around for a brief moment he says loudly to the emptiness "Whoever gave us those hints you have our eternal thanks!"

Then with a quick glance at Nate he says "Before ou suggested coming in here to look for better weapons, I had a gut feeling the church was the best place to start. That feeling hasn't changed. Let's start there."
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 13 Mar 2015, 11:00

(I have a funny feeling I know where this is going...)

Heidi is in no hurry to stick around, and in one fluid movement makes to boot the door in. Strength + Athletics yields 2 successes
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 13 Mar 2015, 11:34

Big Nate nods in agreement, feeling embarrassed that in the excitement of the fight he completely forgot about the flashlight. "The church it is, then."

I wrote a book!
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 17 Mar 2015, 10:08

Webhead is right behind Heidi, letting slip some terrified profanity as he struggles to maintain his composure. He keeps checking back over his shoulder, desperately wanting to get away from the supernatural apparition that had kidnapped them.
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 22 Mar 2015, 12:22

Sorry folks. Had a really rough week. You know how it is. But it was a break that I really needed, and thus I am back!

Heidi gives the old, creaking door a mighty kick, and it splinters satisfyingly beneath the heel of her boot. It opens onto the main sanctuary of an old, decrepit, ruined church. The first few rows of pews are toppled, broken, and in general disarray. The pulpit hasn't fared much better. The most prominent feature of the room is a shattered stain glass window dominating the front wall, just above a set of double doors. A pool of clear moonlight falls through the window, roughly in the center of the room.

Heidi and Webhead Nate are suddenly subjected to a freezing breeze and a haze of black smoke as the Ghost-Man disappears, then reappears in the pool of moonlight.

Big Nate and Mark: As you approach the church, you can hear yelling and activity inside, in sharp contrast to the sepulchral stillness of the rest of the town.

Belgarion

Postby Belgarion » 22 Mar 2015, 13:33

OOC: No worries, life has a way of messing with you at times.

BIC: Mark feels a minor elation when his intuition about the church turns out to be correct as proven by the shouts and other sounds coming from inside. Gripping his bloodied wrench tighter and breaking into a quick trot he says, with a grim tone of finality in his voice "Let's put an end to this nightmare Nate!"
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 22 Mar 2015, 15:34

Big Nate gives a sombre nod. "Let's put this nightmare... to sleep." Despite his ineptitude at quipping, he feels confident that they can finally save their friends as he marches towards the church.

Edit: derp derp typos. Stupid phone.
Last edited by Jamfalcon on 23 Mar 2015, 14:00, edited 3 times in total.

I wrote a book!
Belgarion

Postby Belgarion » 23 Mar 2015, 07:07

A light chuckle and a genuinely amused smile plays across Mark's face. Nate's attempt at humor may not have been the most clever thing to say, but it came at the exact right time for the young doctor in training and serves to relieve some of the tension that had built up inside him. With a quick pat on Nate's shoulder Mark says quietly "Thanks Nate. I really needed that."
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 23 Mar 2015, 12:01

Heidi wastes no time, firing two quick shots off at the Ghost-Man. 2 successes from 6 rolls (Firearms + Dexterity + Handguns Bonus).

(Dammit I hate not being able to metagame...)
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 25 Mar 2015, 14:49

Webhead flinches at the sound of each shot, looking around frantically for some form of cover or anything he can use as a more viable weapon than the cuffs Heidi gave him. He clutches the cuffs in one hand and the phone in the other, his usual calm demeanor cracking a little in the face of the horror before them, but with a sharp breath he forces himself to calm down and think rationally.

(Burning a point of Willpower in an effort to boost my chances of success. I'm looking for something with some reach so that I don't have to go toe to toe with this guy. 4, 9, 10, 1, 4, 5, 1, 4, extra roll is 8 though I've forgotten if rolling ones negates successes)
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 28 Mar 2015, 06:56

Heidi's three shots fill the air with loud barks from her gun, and zoom toward the Ghost-Man's center mass with practiced ease. Unfortunately the bullets pass harmlessly through his semi-corporeal form and splinter into the double doors behind him.

(As for rolling ones, no it doesn't negate successes. You're in good shape.) Nate manages to find a splintered half of what used to be a flagpole amid the wreckage near the pulpit of the church. It has a nicely pointy eagle on the end that appears to be made of brass. The broken flagpole resembles a spear roughly two feet long. In game terms, it has Durability 2 and inflicts +0L damage.

Starting combat! Everybody please declare your intentions and roll Initiative. Mark and Big Nate, you're close enough to be involved, though it'll take you your first turn to get there. Go ahead and roll Initiative now, and I'll slot you into the turn order at the start of the second round.

Belgarion

Postby Belgarion » 28 Mar 2015, 07:23

It had been Mark's intention to try and get a surprise attack in on the foul creature, but he just can't let his friends fight without knowing its weakness. "Heidi...Nate...it is vulnerable to blood. Use something covered in blood to hit it!" He holds up his blood covered wrench for them to see, even as he closes in for his attack.

Initiative Roll: 5 + 5 = 10
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 28 Mar 2015, 07:37

"We're coming for you!" Big Nate shouts in a tone that leaves it unclear if it's a promise to his friends, or a threat to his enemy.

Initiative: 2 + 4 = 6.

I wrote a book!
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 28 Mar 2015, 11:14

You're still some distance from the church, Mark. They can't hear or see you.

Belgarion

Postby Belgarion » 28 Mar 2015, 11:23

Ok then i'll say that at the beginning of next round lol.
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 28 Mar 2015, 13:24

16 on the initiative. Heidi's intention- get out of here with all her friends alive, in decent shape and not being chased by some undead army.
Atifexe

Postby Atifexe » 28 Mar 2015, 22:31

11 for Webhead. He intends to circle around towards the door, facing the Ghost-Man the whole time, and defending himself with the broken flagpole if needed.
Prospero101

Postby Prospero101 » 02 Jul 2015, 14:15

Okay, so the Initiative is as follows:

Heidi
Ghost Man
Webhead Nate
(Mark, starting next round)
(Big Nate, starting next round)

Heidi, you've got the first go. Ghost-Man whirls at the sound of gunfire, a snarl curling his lip as he turns to face you. You hear the bell above you toll a few times. You glance at your watch. It's 11:50 p.m.

"No time, no time, no time!" snarls Ghost-Man.

My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 03 Jul 2015, 10:47

Having been spotted, and seeing that her bullets are having no effect, Heidi sprints off to her right, shouting "NATE, MOVE!" as she does so. All attention is focused on avoiding any incoming attacks from ghosty

Return to “Tabletop and D&D”