LRRPG - Loading Ready RolePlaying Group

Share your latest adventures with anything tabletop: RPGs, boardgames, miniatures, etc.

Would you join LRRPG?

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 22
eostby
First Video: The first Friday Nights

Re: LRRPG - Loading Ready RolePlaying Group

Postby eostby » 21 Feb 2015, 12:54

I've not played actual D&D (only Pathfinder). How does 5th Edition compare to that, as I can't really figure it out based only on Temple of the Lava Bears?
Rogue_Magic on the LRRCraft and LRRMC servers; visit my LRRCraft house near 423, -353 and my LRRMC house near -972, 195

Stand against the Pardonf**k!

Follow me on Twitter @ericostby
theknightofiron
First Video: phailhaus episode 1

Postby theknightofiron » 21 Feb 2015, 16:45

@Truehippy i can help you out with that if you need it. i have played three campaigns with 5th.

@eostby its a fair bit simpler, the game flows better and feats feel important. also they cut as much of the first level characters are useless as they could. playing a first level wizard still feels like your actually made of glass, but the starting spells are pretty impressive and get more so as you go up the levels.

roll twenty works for me.

i might be interested in running the dnd game, i certainly have some experience with the system. but i prefer playing. so i guess we will figure it out when we all get together to talk.
thanks
GNU - Bill Watt
Khador
First Video: Bad news

Postby Khador » 23 Feb 2015, 00:23

I am fairly versed in World of darkness and now a couple pre-set that could be run for old Wod games such as midnight circus and Victorian vampire. Also made my own campaign for vampire settings.

I also can run a Call of Cathulu game if people are interested.

Quick edit:

Just checked my back log of planned games I also have the following I can run:

Cyberpunk cybergen X (playing teens in the 80s vision of the future)
Ironclaw (Renaissance D&D in an anthro world)
Unhallowed Metropolis (Post zombie apocalyptic future Victoriana Tesla punk cant really break it down any further)
Last edited by Khador on 23 Feb 2015, 02:31, edited 1 time in total.
eostby

Postby eostby » 23 Feb 2015, 00:41

I will express some mild interest in Call of Cthulhu, as the only GM I ever had for that game was enthusiastic, but not well organized, and thus I don't feel like I've really gotten to play the system.
Rogue_Magic on the LRRCraft and LRRMC servers; visit my LRRCraft house near 423, -353 and my LRRMC house near -972, 195

Senstaku
First Video: The Job

Postby Senstaku » 24 Feb 2015, 16:56

So we know for a fact we want to do 5th ed, let's try to fire off a 5th ed campaign first and if we can successfully get it running then we'll look at starting a second system.

We're also pretty much going to use Roll20 - We can also use myth-weavers for our character sheets.

We still need to finalize a day and time we're all free (Accounting for the differences in time zones as well).
I stream five times a week! Fri, Sat, & Sun 9-12, Mon & Wed 8-11
twitch.tv/senstaku

I also do a podcast!
senstaku.podbean.com

eostby

Postby eostby » 24 Feb 2015, 17:47

I'm up to try 5e.

TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 01 Mar 2015, 00:36

Sorry for not keeping up-to-date, but my work schedule only has Wednesday & Thursdays are fully off (working 3p - ~11:30p CT, Friday - Tuesday). Work "nights" I'm only available between 1:00a & 4:00a CT (padding a bit for final call runover, travel time & dinner).

I'll have to read into 5th Ed., but if it doesn't seem too hard, I'm up for it.
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)
Khador
First Video: Bad news

Postby Khador » 07 Mar 2015, 02:36

Okay to make things easier, Everyone who is available on Saturday nights (British time) just Pm me and we will start working out group and game ideas
TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 08 Mar 2015, 02:14

Assuming "night" is 8p (20:00) UTC / GMT, that knocks me out as that's 3p (15:00) CDT (UTC /GMT -5, as DST just started) & I'm at work.

I'm still going through the Player's Handbook right now & potentially getting dangerous ideas on how to adapt 3.5 Edition into 5th...
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)

Return to “Tabletop and D&D”