Iron Kingdoms campaign needs one more!

Share your latest adventures with anything tabletop: RPGs, boardgames, miniatures, etc.
ElFuzzy
First Video: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Iron Kingdoms campaign needs one more!

Postby ElFuzzy » 10 Feb 2016, 21:57

So myself and a few friends have been wanting to get an Iron Kingdoms campaign off the ground for awhile but we are short one member. We plan to play online via Roll20 or something similar. Currently, it is myself, the GM and our other friend. We'd prefer to have at least a party of 3 people with 4 being the max.

Iron Kingdoms is the RPG of the Warmachine universe. If you know how to play warmachine, you know how to play Iron Kingdoms as it uses the exact same mechanics. If you don't know how to play Warmachine, don't worry it's 90% 2d6 + X.

Other than that we only have 1 major restriction on our campaign, that being: No Iosan's (Nazi Elves) atm. It's to hard lorewise to run them in a party that isn't ALL Iosans. Our party plans to be Cygnaran but if you find something else you like/wanna play let us know and we should be able to figure it out.

If anyone is interested please lemme know, we're looking to run it on the weekend. Probably on a Friday or Sunday as our GM raids on Sat. I can supply any and every book as a PDF. A couple of us know the lore pretty well and our other friend doesn't know jack, (pun intended) so don't worry if you've never heard of it.

Here's a link to the Gallery if you wanna see what some of the units look like and what stuff we might encounter would be: http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery
theycallmejokke
First Video: Unskipperble: Lost Plant 2 - Part 1

Re: Iron Kingdoms campaign needs one more!

Postby theycallmejokke » 11 Feb 2016, 02:59

I could be interested, I played in a couple of IK campagnes back when it used the 3.5 rules system, I have the new core book but haven't had a chance to use it yet so I would be new to the system but not the world.
I don't quite know what time zone is in effect in the fields of justice :), but I live in GMT +1 or in the central european time zone.
Would a Trollkin be okay for you and your friends campagne idea?
"You have the right to remain silent. Mostly because I tire of your excuses."
ElFuzzy

Postby ElFuzzy » 11 Feb 2016, 07:54

Ah my apologies for not mentioning a timezone, should have known better. I live in MST, I believe the GM lives in EST and our other friend is a trucker so I never bother keeping track.

That puts you 6hrs ahead of the GM and 8 ahead of me? My apologies, I've never paid as much attention to timezones as I really should.
theycallmejokke

Postby theycallmejokke » 11 Feb 2016, 08:41

Same here, here but after some quick googling I believe your estimate is correct.
ElFuzzy

Postby ElFuzzy » 11 Feb 2016, 12:38

By our estimate if you were to play with us it would be really early in the morning, could you work with that?
theycallmejokke

Postby theycallmejokke » 11 Feb 2016, 13:23

That shouldn't be a problem I'm already up early that most people I know, plus the LRR streaming channel offen keeps me to the wee hours of morning.
ElFuzzy

Postby ElFuzzy » 11 Feb 2016, 13:34

Cool, I will talk to the GM! Also you mentioned Trollkin and I never responded, I'm going to be playing a Trollking Fellcaller so the more trollkin the merrier in my opinion!

You mentioned you had rulebook but if you'd like, private message me your email address and I can add you to the gDrive with the books.
theycallmejokke

Postby theycallmejokke » 11 Feb 2016, 14:40

Awesome I'll keep an extra eye on the forums then.
As for the Trollkin, yes they are by far my favorit race in the Iron Kingdoms, I will probably go for two fairly simple careers as this is my first time with this particular rules system. However if the group as whole needs a certain role filled do let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I appreciate the offer of access to futher books, but unless material from them are required for either the campagne or to fill a needed role for the group I think I would like to start of with just my own rule book for the same reason I'm looking at some of the simpler careers. :)
ElFuzzy

Postby ElFuzzy » 11 Feb 2016, 22:37

Okay no problem, we have a frontliner and I'm somewhere between a support and an explosives expert. We don't really have any major range so maybe a trencher/riflemen? Grab a gun and start plinking away? You could be a spellcaster, one of the books I have lets you be a stormcaller but that comes with it's own problems. Your call, I don't know enough about the campaign to suggest a "proper" party make up. IK doesn't have healers so that's cool and leaves us open!

The only thing the GM has mentioned is that he doesn't want any Warcasters/Warlocks atm. AND he doesn't want one of us to own a jack at the beginning, the logistics of such are a bit of a pain depending on how rigidly you interpret them.
theycallmejokke

Postby theycallmejokke » 11 Feb 2016, 23:21

Sounds fine with me I think it could be alot of fun playing a sort of Grim Angus kind of character, maybe a Rifleman/Ranger or something in that direction.
Alternatively the magic system doesn't seem too complicated, so a Sorcerer/something might also be alot of fun, if the group needs a bit of magic support.

The GM's request sound perfectly reasonable, he'll hear no complaining from me on those points.
theycallmejokke

Postby theycallmejokke » 12 Feb 2016, 06:52

Hey Elfuzzy I have a quick question, in the core book under Sorcerer it talks about how the career is actually four careers fire, ice, stone, and storm. Does that mean one theoretically could be a Sorcerer (one element)/Sorcerer (another element)?
ElFuzzy

Postby ElFuzzy » 12 Feb 2016, 09:52

Talked to the GM and did some research, the book said no. The GM agreed and felt that the character seemed a little one note if that would be done, he also mentioned that the Arcanist profession wouldn't work for a trollkin as they're magic is based in shamanism and not professional training.

I did some research and there is a Trollkin Shaman class in the Unleashed book but it seems to be more support than anything. You could try gun mage or even alchemist if you wanted more damage.

You could also join me as a fellow Fell Caller and we could be the loudest people ever.

If you wanted to jump to human, the Gods Nations and Kings book pretty much turns any Warmachine Unit into a playable character and we could make a Cygnar specific one or just arcanist.

Hope this helps, I will see if we can get everyone together on voice chat to talk and see what happens! Do you have Curse voice client? It's what we use but I also have skype and I believe they do too.
theycallmejokke

Postby theycallmejokke » 12 Feb 2016, 11:01

That is completely fair, my double sorcerer questions wasn't so much meant as a character idea as simply curiosity about a system I'm not super familier with just yet.
For actual character ideas I'm hovering between a Rifleman/Ranger or a Sorcerer (Stone)/Ranger Trollkin, I think both would make great travelling companions for your Fellcaller.

The Trollkin Shaman does also sound quite cool, and I don't at all mind a more support focused career, do you have access to the Unleashed book?

I don't have Curse voice client, but I do have Skype I use it for a Dark Heresy game over on Roll20.
ElFuzzy

Postby ElFuzzy » 12 Feb 2016, 14:37

Yes, PM me your email and I can send you what I have. Again, I don't have any concept of party construction atm so play what sounds/feels cool!

I will double check to make sure everyone else does indeed have skype. Is it possible for you to chat/hang out this upcoming sunday? I don't believe the campaign is completely set up on Roll20 but we could talk about meet and resolve any questions you have.
theycallmejokke

Postby theycallmejokke » 12 Feb 2016, 14:47

Awesome I'll do that.

My upcoming Sunday is entirely free, so setting some time aside for a pre-game chat shouldn't be a problem at all.
ElFuzzy

Postby ElFuzzy » 13 Feb 2016, 21:53

Hay, sorry for posting this so late but let's chat Sun. at 12pm-1pm MST. Should be evening for you? PM me your skype details or if you wanna get Curse lemme know.
theycallmejokke

Postby theycallmejokke » 13 Feb 2016, 22:13

No Problem, 12pm MST should be fine that is 20:00 in my part of the world, I'll take a look at the Curse Voice program of yours, but just incase I don't get it up and running I'll also send you my Skype name.
ElFuzzy

Postby ElFuzzy » 13 Feb 2016, 23:11

Thanks! Talk to you tomorrow!
ThePasserby
First Video: Mercenary Solutions

Postby ThePasserby » 15 Feb 2016, 14:20

Seems interesting, is there still space? If not, that's cool.

Hmm...been a while since I thought about Iron Kingdoms.

Though last I saw, gun safety really really went down.
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. -Mark Twain
ElFuzzy

Postby ElFuzzy » 16 Feb 2016, 00:10

Hello! We have room for 1 more party member imo, I will talk to the DM.

Before I do, what timezone do you live in?
ThePasserby

Postby ThePasserby » 18 Feb 2016, 15:05

ElFuzzy wrote:Hello! We have room for 1 more party member imo, I will talk to the DM.

Before I do, what timezone do you live in?

Pacific Standard Time, West Coast of North America.

What sort of characters are you looking to fill?
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. -Mark Twain
theycallmejokke

Postby theycallmejokke » 18 Feb 2016, 16:07

Well at the moment the group your looking to join up with will be a Trollkin Shaman of Dhunia (my character) sendt my the united kriels, Trollkin Fellcaller/Trancher (ElFuzzy's character) cought between being both a Fellcaller and Trancher, and a Storm Knight. I believe our GM intent for our group to be working for the Cygnaren military to some extent, Oh! And no elves.
This is ofcause a really quick summary, ElFuzzy do correct me if I'm remembering this wrong or forgetting something here.
ThePasserby

Postby ThePasserby » 18 Feb 2016, 16:21

Huh. Sure. I think I might be able to make a snipery or explosivey type of person. I got some ideas. I need to find a copy of the rulebooks being used and see if I can't cobble together something.
ElFuzzy

Postby ElFuzzy » 18 Feb 2016, 20:43

theycallmejokke wrote:Well at the moment the group your looking to join up with will be a Trollkin Shaman of Dhunia (my character) sendt my the united kriels, Trollkin Fellcaller/Trancher (ElFuzzy's character) cought between being both a Fellcaller and Trancher, and a Storm Knight. I believe our GM intent for our group to be working for the Cygnaren military to some extent, Oh! And no elves.
This is ofcause a really quick summary, ElFuzzy do correct me if I'm remembering this wrong or forgetting something here.

Thanks, that's a pretty good explanation.

If you PM your email I can send you the gDrive of all the books. My plan is to be an explosives expert so if you wanna pew pew, then by all means!

We are looking to run the campaign sundays at 9PM MST. So 8pm your time, lemme know if you have any other questions and I will let the GM know too!

EDIT: GM says sure, this Sunday at 9pm you could join us and chat about charaacters and questions. We SHOULD be able to get everyone online so we can see if we gel too!
ElFuzzy

Postby ElFuzzy » 18 Feb 2016, 23:21

By the way I forgot to mention that IKRPG.info has a lot of good reference for where to look for things in books. They also have a character generator that, I think, has every possible class and proper bonus. We're not starting this Sunday, (because the GM is being lazy about building the game maps) so no huge rush. Just gonna talk and see how it goes.

Return to “Tabletop and D&D”