so I humbled a pathfinder bundle.

Share your latest adventures with anything tabletop: RPGs, boardgames, miniatures, etc.
Jostain
First Video: ways to hide a body

so I humbled a pathfinder bundle.

Postby Jostain » 08 Mar 2016, 08:33

It was a complete impulse buy and now I need to justify it in some way. In this endevour I have some questions

Are there any important books that were not included in the bundle.

Have anyone tried paticipating in a "random"/stranger campaign on roll20 and what was the general experience?

When looking at previous threads there are a couple of attempts at arranging but they all seem to end abruptly, is this because the conversation moves away when they start or is it just hard to make work?
theycallmejokke
First Video: Unskipperble: Lost Plant 2 - Part 1

Re: so I humbled a pathfinder bundle.

Postby theycallmejokke » 08 Mar 2016, 09:39

Hey Jostain

I asume the Humble bundle you're talking about is this: https://www.humblebundle.com/books/paiz ... der-bundle
As such even if you only payed the 1$ mark that should be more than enough to get you starte.

I can't speak for hooking up with complite strangers on roll20, But I've been aktive in two other threats in this part of the forum, one lead nowhere, but the other hooked me up with a great group of other LRR fans that I'm currently play with.
So in short posting a LFG post here won't guarantee you'll find it, but if you do I personally find that the LRR fanbase as whole i comprised of really great people so I would say it would be woth the effort, good luck.

Cheers!
"You have the right to remain silent. Mostly because I tire of your excuses."
chetoos
First Video: The Job

Postby chetoos » 08 Mar 2016, 17:48

A recommendation I'd make if you want to get into Pathfinder is D20pfsrd.com since it basically has everything that Paizo has published, to a point, I think. It also has a bunch of 3rd party stuff, like dreamscarred press doing psionics and path of war if you want your martials to have the same kind of stuff as your wizards, in this case maneuvers. I'm currently running and playing in games of pathfinder, 1 each, and the SRD is super useful. As for a group, I play with some people from the Heroes of Alvena group, and they're a great bunch.
My Youtube Channel. Currently, I have a daily series where I play games that I like. Right now, it's Double Dragon Advance. I also have a weekly series where I play as the Archenemy from Duels 2012
Jostain

Postby Jostain » 09 Mar 2016, 12:24

@Jokke yeah thats the one. I bought the big bundle by matching the avarage. Now that the bundle seems to have ended I might be able to actually download some of it in a timely manner. Paizo did not spring for extra server capacity during the bundle.

Im going to look into the GM guide and see if I could set up some one shot things and gather up some people here to play with. Ive got realistic expectations tough.

@chetoos
d20prsrd is great! I like the books but heavy pdf files down lend themselves to quick lookups. After looking around a bit I already have 2 characters I would like to play (alchemist or summoner. I like the odd ones).
U googled Heroes of alvena looks like a cool consept but judgning by the forum it looks pretty dead...
chetoos
First Video: The Job

Postby chetoos » 09 Mar 2016, 16:27

Jostain wrote:@chetoos
d20prsrd is great! I like the books but heavy pdf files down lend themselves to quick lookups. After looking around a bit I already have 2 characters I would like to play (alchemist or summoner. I like the odd ones).
U googled Heroes of alvena looks like a cool consept but judgning by the forum it looks pretty dead...

Well that's because the guy who made it can't really run many games, but the groups that I play with all know him and use a lot of his rules because they "fix" stuff that they feel is broken, like the sorcerer spell gain lists or the summoner spell list. If you'd like, I could get you in touch with some of them, to maybe join a game.

Edit: So I asked in the group, and there aren't really new games cropping up, and the GMs are good with how many people they've got already, so no dice on that front. Sorry for false hope there...
My Youtube Channel. Currently, I have a daily series where I play games that I like. Right now, it's Double Dragon Advance. I also have a weekly series where I play as the Archenemy from Duels 2012
Jostain

Postby Jostain » 16 Mar 2016, 19:07

That is quite alright. Thanks for asking. I am going to nag my friends and see if we can do something. If people here are interested we could start a campaign here. It might not be the best idea to GM a game before I have played the system but someone needs to do it and at point i find the GM stuff more interesting than the actual playing.

So... make a post if youre interested and if we hit the requisite number of interested people at the same time we try to get it off the ground.

Return to “Tabletop and D&D”