Kathleen Saves the World

Discuss your favourite LRR streams!
jkefka
First Video: Does Desert Bus count? Feed dump if not

Re: Kathleen Saves the World

Postby jkefka » 17 Aug 2014, 04:56

Lost Odyssey is an absolutely amazing game. It's made by most of the old Final Fantasy team, it has some of Uematsu's best music, and the combat system is actually quite fun, borrowing a little bit from Shadow Hearts to make combat more interesting that press-command-thing-happens (though not to nearly the same degree as shadow hearts). The plot is also one of the most interesting video game plots I have ever encountered, and it has an impact on the game mechanics in a really interesting way.

Also, and I'm dead serious, I strongly recommend playing it with German voices. The German VA job is, for whatever reason, the best of any of them. This might be in part because the game has a very Germanic aesthetic and naming setup.
When the upkeep takes longer than the main phase, I know I've done my job well.
SohNata
First Video: Unskippable

Postby SohNata » 17 Aug 2014, 11:27

Lost Odyssey would be interesting - I'd personally like to see it streamed because I never got to the end myself. I'd be wary about it's length though, as I seem to remember it being an absolute monster in size, even by JRPG standards.

(Otherwise I will continue to plump for the old school with Suikoden I or II.)
Jonci
First Video: Some ENN video

Postby Jonci » 18 Aug 2014, 09:49

But who will guest narrate all the text stories?!
I'm not insane. I just have an overly vivid imagination!
ritchards
First Video: The Job (first video on The Escapist)

Postby ritchards » 02 Sep 2014, 13:47

I'm guessing Kathleen is already booking out time next year for Persona 5?
SohNata

Postby SohNata » 13 Sep 2014, 01:39

Just started watching the FFX-2 stream. Jesus christ, I'd heard and read about it, but didn't realise just how effing bad it is.
Moussefilledkitten
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby Moussefilledkitten » 24 Nov 2014, 12:55

I've just started playing Final Fantasy: Pretty Princess Magic Dress-up!! (That's what it's called, right?) and I've found if I just let myself enter a zen state then I can enjoy it in a so bad it's good way.
castlewise
First Video: Story Guy?

Postby castlewise » 07 Dec 2014, 05:08

I just read that Suikoden II is coming to PSN next week. This would be a *great* game for Kathleen to play.
Trevor
First Video: suspiciously good movers

Postby Trevor » 07 Dec 2014, 07:19

SohNata wrote:I will continue to plump for the old school with Suikoden I or II

castlewise wrote:I just read that Suikoden II is coming to PSN next week. This would be a *great* game for Kathleen to play.

Seconded.
This would be perfect. Especially if it has gone digital and thus is no longer a total pain to get a copy of.
Trippzen

Postby Trippzen » 18 Feb 2015, 14:42

Ideas for JRPG bingo (chat discussion):

Is there an echo? (Characters repeating dialogue)
This isn't even my final form!
"Destroyer of worlds" villain
Save the world (free space)
Shinji get in the god damn robot! (Unwilling hero)
Unwinnable battle
Breaking the game (Overpowered party)
Backtracking
Sidequests!
Listen to me tell you my emotions!
I'm from the past and/or future and/or multiverse.
Extremely advanced ancient civilization
Let's grind!
Elemental dungeon(s)
Labyrinth dungeon
Pray the enemy away!
I'm too awesome to die--oh no you killed me!

Sadly I don't think I have the Excel savvy to make one like the Let's Nope Trope Bingo myself.
Last edited by Trippzen on 25 Feb 2015, 13:03, edited 2 times in total.
Trippzen or Scy
Battle.net: Scy#1617
WoW: Scy (US-Proudmoore)
Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 21 Feb 2015, 16:35

I could create a GoogleDocs Spreadsheet if you wanted to.

EDIT:
So here's a basic spreadsheet, if this is the kind of thing you were looking for.

I just need to create something to make the bingo picks random. Shouldn't be too hard, the only real problem is getting two picks the same.

[Doc]
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
Can't Wear Hats
Admiral Robocop
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Can't Wear Hats » 25 Feb 2015, 13:29

Kathleen beats Bravely Default with the greatest selfie ever taken.

"We're not on this asteroid for very long, let's be nice to one another." - Alex Steacy

LRL: http://imgur.com/a/EoMQz#0
Desert Bus 007: http://imgur.com/a/ikM5G#0
Desert Bus 8: http://imgur.com/a/ksPiS

Twitter | Twitch

Jenelmo
First Video: Friday nights: Untap

Postby Jenelmo » 26 Feb 2015, 04:53

Do we know what she is playing next?
There must always be a Stark in the Moonbase
Trippzen

Postby Trippzen » 15 Apr 2015, 11:46

I was poking around in preparation for playing Cities: Skylines, because I (like everyone) ended up buying it too, and I found what I think are some good traffic tips:

"How to Traffic": http://imgur.com/a/WdJim
Trippzen or Scy
The Martini
First Video: Installing Linux

Postby The Martini » 23 Apr 2015, 09:17

Cities: Skylines is one of those games that is tons of fun to play but kind of unsatisfying to watch :( Interesting to catch up on once in a while to see how the city is developing, though.

That said, waiting for "Dickbutt Heights" neighborhood, with appropriately laid-out roads.
Gin. Vermouth. Olives.
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 29 Apr 2015, 04:04

Man, watching the streams several weeks behind is so irritating when you're having traffic problems and I can't point out what the problem is... but fast-forwarding forward to the most recent stream, I see the problem is actually still there in the current city, though it's having much less of an effect since the city's so much larger now, that original starting interchange is only one small part of a much larger city, and there's plenty of other routes for people to take.

But still, if you're curious: it's kinda hard to explain with words, so I made some pictures.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
Trippzen

Postby Trippzen » 29 Apr 2015, 10:40

Adding onto that, it looked like Kathleen may have been running into an issue that I've been having. I'm learning that educated workers may need office zones, not industry zones. A lot of my industry is now in a massive worker deficit as >70% of my population is going to school and university. If I click on nearly any industry building in my city it'll tell me that everyone working there is overeducated. I'm considering de-zoning my industry and re-zoning as office but then I won't have resource production to supply my commercial zones, which are already having trouble maintaining stocked shelves, and my cargo harbor is already a massive traffic problem (I'm still trying to get the trucks from the carbo harbor to load onto a cargo train to the commercial districts).

I'll definitely be checking out the wiki and reddit pages to learn more though because my city is only 30,000 sims and I need to deal with some horrible traffic problems where the main highway enters my zones, and I'm not a fan of roundabouts for space & zoning purposes.

Edit: Yeah, part of me suspected as such but it turned out to just be a traffic & distance problem (I think 99% of any sim's issues in this game just come down to traffic). I built a whole mess of bus lines, subway lines, and eventually train lines. I also found that circuitous one-way routes with branches off of them move traffic better than having all 2-way streets through major areas. After doubling in sims I also enacted free public transit and now my only major traffic problem is from the original interstate running through my city, which I've decided I can't do much about it, at least for now. Now I need to figure out how and where to build an airport without destroying all of my traffic improvements.
Trippzen or Scy
demonflowers
First Video: Canada Is Sorry

Postby demonflowers » 25 Jun 2015, 07:45

I was going back and watching the archives on youtube and parts 9 and 10 of FFX are missing. Is there any chance those will be added?

Also: Thanks Kathleen! You are hilarious and amazing. I really enjoy watching your streams.
protheanreaper
First Video: TapTapConcede

Postby protheanreaper » 05 Feb 2016, 09:04

So why exactly is it that Kathleen is no longer doing streams of JRPG's, and if she still is, why is it not listed on the schedule on the LRRlive page or are being uploaded to youtube. Especially considering that she really needs to stream Lost Odyssey, The Last Remnant, and Resonance of Fate, considering that those three JRPG's are very difficult find streaming on Twitch and are nearly impossible to find a decent LP of on youtube.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 05 Feb 2016, 12:22

Kathleen has babby now. Leaves little time for a regular streaming slot.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”