Graham and Paul Let's Play

Discuss your favourite LRR streams!
LadyRhian
First Video: "The Job

Re: Graham and Paul Let's Play

Postby LadyRhian » 15 Aug 2014, 08:12

How about Dragon's Lair or Space Ace? Or some of the Gabriel Knight games? I remember those fondly, and they are available on GoG.com.
r2d2rox24
First Video: Unskippable- lost planet

Postby r2d2rox24 » 27 Aug 2014, 19:22

Might I suggest if we are really looking for bad games...sonic 06...you already have it for unskippable...personally I've always wanted to see how you and paul would take this game after playing it and watching the one other lets play of it.
CaptainSpam
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby CaptainSpam » 27 Aug 2014, 20:10

r2d2rox24 wrote:Might I suggest if we are really looking for bad games...sonic 06...you already have it for unskippable...personally I've always wanted to see how you and paul would take this game after playing it and watching the one other lets play of it.

Well, they're looking for games, per se. Bad games are what they started with, but they've been drifting to games they like. And the really, really, truly godawful games are reserved for inflicting on Alex for Watch + Play. Just, y'know, stuff that's fun for them to stream.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing them go more in the direction of stuff like Dark and Killzone, which are mockibly bad games/stories that're great to watch in that respect. But, after all, Graham and Paul DO have to actually play this stuff, and they might want to not play something they hate, after all.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 28 Aug 2014, 01:09

We'll generally do games we can make fun of. We just wanted a nice break from garbage after Killzone.

(it seems like we've been playing Shovel Knight longer than we have, since there's been so many off-weeks)
Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 03 Sep 2014, 00:38

I've just started going through the backlog of shows you've done, and I have to say, the DARK videos were just hilarious.

I have a couple of questions, (sorry if they've already been answered before), firstly, are you going to finish Metal Gear Rising? Since you seem to be quite near the end.

Secondly, have you ever tried Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii? I think it could be a good game to do (although the game is pretty long), as it's a game that's not that bad to play, in my opinion, but is cheesy enough to easily make fun of.

Thirdly, are you going to upload any more of the videos to the YouTube channel?

Anyway, keep up the good work guys!
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 03 Sep 2014, 04:16

They did finish Rising, but looks like part 4 never made it to YouTube... I'm sure it's on their backlog to upload...
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
romangoro
First Video: The Couch

Postby romangoro » 03 Sep 2014, 06:30

There was a spreadsheet with the streams and which were and which weren't on youtube somewhere, can someone link?
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 03 Sep 2014, 15:42

The spreadsheet is here (in particular scroll down to 15 April for the stream in question).
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 03 Sep 2014, 23:57

phlip wrote:They did finish Rising, but looks like part 4 never made it to YouTube... I'm sure it's on their backlog to upload...
Yeah, I still need to go back and fill in some gaps.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 04 Sep 2014, 07:11

I am not sure what you guys do on the back end, I know for checkpoint you edit the content but if for most streams it is just a direct rip from the broadcast to uploading on youtube is that something that could be done by a small team of editors.

Perhaps ones who slow down a little and don't try to do it all in a weekend and put spelling and grammatical errors in a couple of descriptions?

Is this something you would prefer came from your saved source file? I dont have the set up to do this right now but I would be happy to look into setting something up to free you guys up a little. It seems like its more of a time issue than a technical skill issue.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 04 Sep 2014, 07:46

Should we put up a poll on what should be focused on? I'd like to know if people are more concerned about the numerous holes in the back-log or whether they'd rather see the newer content on YouTube quicker. (I'm more of a fan of filling the holes.)
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 06 Sep 2014, 23:56

It is absolutely a time issue.
But now we've actually made it part of Alex's JOB, so hopefully we can pick up the slack.

The issue is trimming out all the useless bits. That's why it has to be from our source file.
Valkyrie-Lemons

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 07 Sep 2014, 05:22

Just finished watching Beyond: Two Souls (or was it Beyond: Quick Time Events). I enjoyed seeing how many dads Ellen Page managed to gain by the end.

Have you guys ever played Heavy Rain? Or do you ever intend on doing it?

Because seeing how much you...'enjoyed' Beyond: Two Souls, it would be interesting to see how you 'enjoy' Heavy Rain.
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
jkefka
First Video: Does Desert Bus count? Feed dump if not

Postby jkefka » 07 Sep 2014, 18:54

So I bought Shovel Knight after watching you play a little bit, then very concertedly did not watch you play any of it while I beat it (which was an enormous amount of fun), then I beat it and went back and watched you play it.

Which is a very long-winded way of saying I'm really looking forward to seeing you go into the final areas. They're insane and awesome.
When the upkeep takes longer than the main phase, I know I've done my job well.
CiderMuffin
First Video: Reality Tear

Postby CiderMuffin » 09 Sep 2014, 23:55

Try to find Cyberia, that would be a very fun "treat" for you guys to make fun of.
failureatlife
First Video: Unskippable

Postby failureatlife » 08 Nov 2014, 19:39

I'd like to suggest Vampire Rain. Seeing as you two are experts in the field of vampire-based stealth action games, it would be perfect.
Canageek
First Video: I have no idea. Something in ~2005?

Postby Canageek » 11 Nov 2014, 22:08

CiderMuffin wrote:Try to find Cyberia, that would be a very fun "treat" for you guys to make fun of.

This is a great idea, but only if they have a PS mouse. There is at least one section that is nigh-unbeatable without one.
Come have a look at my roleplaying blog http://canageek.wordpress.com

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." --Attributed to Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut
Canageek
First Video: I have no idea. Something in ~2005?

Postby Canageek » 12 Dec 2014, 12:04

You know, if you are looking for terrible games, I'm not sure you could get more WTF then Harvester. http://www.pcgamer.com/saturday-crapshoot-harvester/. Normally I'd say this is Watch and Play type stuff, but well, I think he hates adventures games.
Come have a look at my roleplaying blog http://canageek.wordpress.com

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." --Attributed to Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut
Amake
First Video: Le Cafe

Postby Amake » 14 Jan 2015, 13:01

As someone in chat mentioned Boynd by Flamme is an "aggressively mediocre" game, I was inspired to adapt this poem from the game's own point of view which I feel people who're enjoying the LP might enjoy. *throat clearing sound*

I went to the zombies because I wanted to muddle deliberately.
I wanted to halfass deep
and suck out all the marrow of mediocrity,
to put to rout all that was not average
and not when I had come to die
discover that I had not tried to please everyone.
"I know I tend to sound like I think what I say is written in stone, but please ignore that. I assure you I'm well aware that I have no idea what I'm talking about." -Amake, 2015
jkefka
First Video: Does Desert Bus count? Feed dump if not

Postby jkefka » 19 Feb 2015, 19:47

So the invinco-glitch in Sunset Overdrive. chat was right. It's at 1:34:01 or so in the most recent replay. The death animation starts, you pick up health, you're fine, you stop taking damage and start sliding when you swing your crowbar. There are dodge rolls in the minute before that which are normal. It takes you a solid twenty minutes to notice, and another twenty or thirty after that to realize you are invulnerable to boot.

So, if that's really all it takes, a speedrunner who feels ambitious could probably get this together in the first few minutes of the game with a conveniently-placed healthpack and some "helpful" ODs. If I had the game myself I'd try it.

EDIT: Also if someone could GIF Graham's reaction around 2:20:00 when he realizes he's invincible, it's pretty great.
When the upkeep takes longer than the main phase, I know I've done my job well.
Valkyrie-Lemons

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 21 Feb 2015, 16:32

I think you have to give Anubis the credit for finding the glitch, if he hadn't mentioned in chat that he had to remove a death because the HP went to 0 but nothing happened, I don't think I would have ever put two and two together.

Although saying that, I have no idea why I suddenly remembered that Anubis had mentioned it.

The other thing is I don't know if it would get patched out quickly, since it seems like such a difficult thing to do on purpose. Since you've got to die in mid-air, and get the health pick-up before you hit the ground.

MowDownJoe
First Video: Joystique

Postby MowDownJoe » 22 Feb 2015, 03:35

I'm extremely tempted to purchase the Steam version of Venetica for the sake of gifting to you guys. Though I probably shouldn't be so insistent on a revisit of that game.
Victim of a Platinum Angel/Phage combo in Momir. Thanks, LRR!
GDwarf
First Video: Unskippable

Postby GDwarf » 23 Feb 2015, 12:10

Has anything, well, changed in the Steam version? If not, I recall they stopped playing it because it got kinda dull (which, considering they finished Cursed Crusade is impressive) so I don't know that they'd be inclined to re-visit it.
May those who accept their fate find happiness; Those who defy it, glory!
MowDownJoe
First Video: Joystique

Postby MowDownJoe » 23 Feb 2015, 14:00

No one in the Steam reviews have really said anything about differences, in spite of it being called the Gold Version. But I do remember a few people being disappointed that they stopped when they did, since apparently the game opens up after that point.
Victim of a Platinum Angel/Phage combo in Momir. Thanks, LRR!
Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Omega Lairon » 06 May 2015, 16:15

So a while back, when Paul had his recurring appointment in the mornings/early afternoons, this show's time slot was traded with Kathleen's. Is there any chance of trading them back? I get the feeling that at least on LRR's side of things it's a case of "eh, this works fine", and honestly, it's not like it's a huge problem (to date, only about 2 or 3 people have even rally mentioned it) - but if it's all the same to LRR and the majority of viewers either way...

I do confess that this comes from a somewhat selfish personal wish - I'd prefer watching JRPGs, and usually I wake up too late to catch the first hour or so of KSTW. So I just figured it was worth asking anyway.

To that end, in case there are any "silent masses" out there who do have a preference one way or the other, or even if you like the status quo:
https://strawpoll.me/4297075/

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”