Beej's Backlog

Discuss your favourite LRR streams!
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Re: Beej's Backlog

Postby Kapol » 25 Mar 2014, 06:15

Pretty sure it was the chat's idea. Beej put a large number of subscribers reached for it after some discussion, since I think neither he nor the rest of the crew thought they'd make it to fifty subs in 3 hours. As we saw, that didn't stop the chat from stepping up.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 25 Mar 2014, 07:04

It was a bit of a combined idea. Chat came up with the idea of being shirtless. Beej came up with the idea of subs for it. Chat came up with the number 50. Beej checked with the rest of LRR and with Heather to see if it was possible, and then, agreed to it.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Kapol

Postby Kapol » 25 Mar 2014, 07:08

I'm pretty confident Beej decided on fifty, since I think he (and the crew) thought it was too high to be realistically achieved.

EDIT: To be clear, I mean decided in that he was the one who ended up choosing. I'm not sure it chat suggested it. Though, to be fair, I'm sure chat suggested many things at that point.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 25 Mar 2014, 07:25

Well, I know I suggested 50 before he said a number at least.
But yeah, he specifically chose to do 50.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 25 Mar 2014, 10:09

Kapol wrote:Pretty sure it was the chat's idea. Beej put a large number of subscribers reached for it after some discussion, since I think neither he nor the rest of the crew thought they'd make it to fifty subs in 3 hours. As we saw, that didn't stop the chat from stepping up.

Sigh, you'd think LRR would know better, after their experiences with the first Desert Bus For Hope...five times their expected fundraising...
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 25 Mar 2014, 10:13

To be fair, Beej had had what, 4 subscribers before yesterday? :P
Can't Wear Hats
Admiral Robocop
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Can't Wear Hats » 25 Mar 2014, 15:05

We made this happen. Challenge chat at your peril!

"We're not on this asteroid for very long, let's be nice to one another." - Alex Steacy

LRL: http://imgur.com/a/EoMQz#0
Desert Bus 007: http://imgur.com/a/ikM5G#0
Desert Bus 8: http://imgur.com/a/ksPiS

Twitter | Twitch

the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 30 Mar 2014, 14:40

zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
HeyZootie
First Video: Commodore Hustle

Postby HeyZootie » 09 Apr 2014, 17:01

@beej, your survival adventure stories rang a bell with me. I was trying to mod MC to be more of a survival adventure, and had some (but not complete) success. But in my travels I found a mod entitled "Minecraft is too easy", and it sounds like it is close to Survival Island-mod.

So if you do try MC, you might want to try it with this mod - http://minecraft-is-too-easy.com/.

I didn't try it as I had a later version of MC in and modded up to be less easy, so I can't personally recommend it. Good luck if you do!

HZ

Edit: you know what? Imma figure out how to get a second install of MC and try it. This looks like a seriously cool mod. I think it would probably be a great multiplayer experience too, as friends would add a lot of fun and dilute any frustration.

Edit edit: After watching a LP of the beginning of a MITE game, I'm going to recommend Timescaler and make the days longer - maybe 40 minutes, nights 20?. You're going to need the time to get stuff built before the night horrors come swarming around, and 40 mins is a long time to wait if you don't have a bed. Checked on that, Timescaler requires Forge and MITE isn't compatible with Forge - they both overwrite the same things in MC. Blarg. I hate being bum rushed as a gameplay "feature".
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 14 Apr 2014, 23:43

Can I just say that I am enjoying HM? It's relaxed enough where Beej can talk with the chat while doing something. The main issue is that it's just the same thing over and over again. That seems to be a failing of the game more than anything. But I'm still enjoying it much more than Warrior Within.
empath

Postby empath » 15 Apr 2014, 05:16

Kapol wrote:Can I just say that I am enjoying HM? It's relaxed enough where Beej can talk with the chat while doing something. The main issue is that it's just the same thing over and over again. That seems to be a failing of the game more than anything. But I'm still enjoying it much more than Warrior Within.

Oh YEAH; the discussions during HM have been the most fascinating and involved that I've seen online for a while. :) Oh, what did Alex suggest "Beej's Backlog" be changed to - "Beej's Backlog & Philosophy" (it was late, I'm old, I was tired, and I was multitasking :P )

But yeah, HM now seems to be just getting into a rut for Beej - it's the same sort of thing with minor (seasonal) fluctuations; let's get that wedding finished off next week!
Can't Wear Hats
Admiral Robocop

Postby Can't Wear Hats » 15 Apr 2014, 06:25

empath wrote:Oh YEAH; the discussions during HM have been the most fascinating and involved that I've seen online for a while. :) Oh, what did Alex suggest "Beej's Backlog" be changed to - "Beej's Backlog & Philosophy" (it was late, I'm old, I was tired, and I was multitasking :P )

Philosophy, you say? Intriguing...

"We're not on this asteroid for very long, let's be nice to one another." - Alex Steacy

Twitter | Twitch

empath

Postby empath » 15 Apr 2014, 10:05

Dammit hats! :lol:

BRB, need some dry britches. ;)
romangoro
First Video: The Couch

Postby romangoro » 15 Apr 2014, 12:32

Last night's was one of the most if not the most interesting stream so far, not because of the game but because of the "podcast", so to speak.
Beej
First Video: Skeletor's Dick

Postby Beej » 18 Apr 2014, 20:07

Antitonic, those are super-cool and I'm so happy you made them.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 19 Apr 2014, 23:13

Did you mean CantWearHats, Beej?

Also, get an avatar you scrub.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 19 Apr 2014, 23:32

I think he's talking to Antitonic, who has the waffle avatar, and the spoiler'd images on the first page. But I could be wrong.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 20 Apr 2014, 00:02

ohhhhhhhhhh, I didn't go back to page 1.
empath

Postby empath » 22 Apr 2014, 08:57

Wow, that wedding was...um...so underwhelming I'm not even sure anything ACTUALLY happened? :lol:

But yeah, paving the save was unexpectedly satisfying; I hadn't realized how much of a chore the game had become to Beej, and kinda feel sorry for him being subjected to it for so long. Anyways, YAY! to more free blocks for OTHER saves. :)

...and then - I should have expected it eventually, but my stalwart game genre finally got represented...

...and it...I...well, my skin itched. :?

I've been playing flight and 'space-flight' sims for...ohfuck, *checks* geez, yeah over thirty years. I can't say I'm amazing at accuracy or dexterity, but to be modest, I've come to develop an impressive "situational awareness". I was biting my tongue during most of the missions (take the 'defense of Yavin' one - I kept trying to tell you which way it was to the Imperial troop ships/shuttles, even though I knew there was a relatively small - yet still insurmountable - chat lag)

So yeah, I was only able to watch the actual action for short periods due to mounting frustration. :lol:
Can't Wear Hats
Admiral Robocop

Postby Can't Wear Hats » 22 Apr 2014, 09:51

I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, so click at your own risk, but the wedding was beautiful:

<3

Twitter | Twitch

romangoro
First Video: The Couch

Postby romangoro » 22 Apr 2014, 10:06

<3

I almost died last night. Bar: raised.
Trisha Lynn
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Trisha Lynn » 23 Apr 2014, 10:34

It seems as if Beej's show is the dark horse (no pun intended) of the LRR streams. I really need to catch up on last night's some time soon!
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn
Boofinka
First Video: Paper Boy

Postby Boofinka » 23 Apr 2014, 11:04

Trisha Lynn wrote:It seems as if Beej's show is the dark horse (no pun intended) of the LRR streams. I really need to catch up on last night's some time soon!

While Beejness as usual is interesting and funny, adding Alex just takes it over the top. But then again, it's that way with adding Alex to most streams.
empath

Postby empath » 23 Apr 2014, 12:13

Boofinka wrote:
Trisha Lynn wrote:It seems as if Beej's show is the dark horse (no pun intended) of the LRR streams. I really need to catch up on last night's some time soon!

While Beejness as usual is interesting and funny, adding Alex just takes it over the top. But then again, it's that way with adding Alex to most streams.

Beej
First Video: Skeletor's Dick

Postby Beej » 23 Apr 2014, 16:45

empath wrote:Wow, that wedding was...um...so underwhelming I'm not even sure anything ACTUALLY happened? :lol:

But yeah, paving the save was unexpectedly satisfying; I hadn't realized how much of a chore the game had become to Beej, and kinda feel sorry for him being subjected to it for so long. Anyways, YAY! to more free blocks for OTHER saves. :)

...and then - I should have expected it eventually, but my stalwart game genre finally got represented...

...and it...I...well, my skin itched. :?

I've been playing flight and 'space-flight' sims for...ohfuck, *checks* geez, yeah over thirty years. I can't say I'm amazing at accuracy or dexterity, but to be modest, I've come to develop an impressive "situational awareness". I was biting my tongue during most of the missions (take the 'defense of Yavin' one - I kept trying to tell you which way it was to the Imperial troop ships/shuttles, even though I knew there was a relatively small - yet still insurmountable - chat lag)

So yeah, I was only able to watch the actual action for short periods due to mounting frustration. :lol:

I haven't played a flight sim in years, really. I was certainly dating myself with mentioning Starfox 64 and Wing Commander III. I wish I could've delivered the goods a little more but so much of it was trying to read the interface and get used to the TWITCHY-AS-FUCK JOYSTICK.

I suppose I could've checked the options to see if I could lower the sensitivity.

Shit.

:mrgreen:

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”