The House of Stark

Discuss your favourite LRR streams!
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

The House of Stark

Postby Paul » 12 Jan 2014, 14:05

There are many games that Graham wants to play and mock, but he can’t really validate the personal time to do so because they’re awful. Luckily for you, the knowledge that you’ll be sharing the “experience” with him is exactly the excuse he needs to work through his hit list.

Post any comments or questions about the The House of Stark live stream.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Re: The House of Stark

Postby JackSlack » 12 Jan 2014, 14:33

1. Is there a funnier line of videogame dialogue than "Watch out for its gas!"? Because if so, I can't think of it.

2. Surgeon Simulator 2013 stream? :D
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 12 Jan 2014, 14:54

I am TOTALLY behind bumping whatever playlist Graham has set up, and putting SS'13 'on deck' DAMMIT! :lol:
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 16 Jan 2014, 23:06

I... I honestly think RE:MPG broke me a bit. The airplane scene... there was a quicktime event to press a button on the plane. there was a quicktime event to press a button. That... that... why would you do that?
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 17 Jan 2014, 03:55

Having sat through two campaigns, I can tell you it gets worse better. Watching Graham tilt and/or make quips at the more ridiculous moments has really made this stream. :D

Some of the best moments in RE: MY BRAND!/RE:MFG, for me, came about through my friend and I taking the piss during co-op. "My brand is in your earth, China" during the plane crash stands out, along with referring to revivals as a "boob punch".
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 17 Jan 2014, 11:41

I think the thing that really set Graham on tilt mode was the Twitch problems early on. Though I think that set a lot of people on tilt really.

I know there was one moment where something happened and Graham just looked at the screen, then turned to the camera, and waited before saying something. It was just one of those '...so that happened' moments that made me burst out laughing.
Canageek
First Video: I have no idea. Something in ~2005?

Postby Canageek » 17 Jan 2014, 11:54

Kapol wrote:I... I honestly think RE:MPG broke me a bit. The airplane scene... there was a quicktime event to press a button on the plane. there was a quicktime event to press a button. That... that... why would you do that?

Miracle of Sound has written a song about this game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LrVou1Jo7w
Come have a look at my roleplaying blog http://canageek.wordpress.com

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." --Attributed to Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 17 Jan 2014, 12:01

Trust me, I know. :P But having QTEs for things like having a zombie attack you, or trying to stop a giant zombie shark, or even just punching a guy is one thing. Having a QTE to literally just find and press a button though... it just seems absurd to me. It's like, I think we can all assume that Leon has enough brain-power to find and press a button when instructed to without our input.
Phailhammer

Postby Phailhammer » 17 Jan 2014, 14:41

I don't know...
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
CaptainSpam
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby CaptainSpam » 17 Jan 2014, 16:59

Kapol wrote:It's like, I think we can all assume that Leon has enough brain-power to find and press a button when instructed to without our input.

This IS the same guy who, after seeing a video tape labeled "Happy birthday, Ada Wong!" in a human monstrosity cloning facility which shows a cloned monstrosity of Ada Wong emerging from a cloning pod, is genuinely confused as to why someone who looks like Ada Wong is acting strangely and trying to kill him.

I get the feeling this is why Helena and the real Ada were keeping poor Leon in the dark. If they told him anything, his brain might overheat and shut down.
Phailhammer

Postby Phailhammer » 24 Jan 2014, 02:25

I think one of the better parts of today's stream was Graham recounting all the crazy shit that had occurred previously.

I was also happy to see him take up my suggestion, even if it was a little anti-climactic. :D
FictionPress stories:
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 24 Jan 2014, 02:44

Wait, that was the part? That rooftop part is the bit where playing as Piers is better?
Huh.

Regardless, I'm preferring playing like this, and treating Chris like a bumbling, alcoholic boat-anchor to the team.
Phailhammer

Postby Phailhammer » 24 Jan 2014, 03:24

I was referring to the weapon-flipping in my last post; the part that's better as Piers comes much later. I can understand why some people were saying you won't want it in the AI's hands; I was having enough trouble with it when I played it.

Also, as I said in chat, this campaign is why I hate blue Ada.
FictionPress stories:
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 24 Jan 2014, 06:29

This was such a fun episode.

I know you prefer to go solo, but having Maya there was just a treat, she was a voice for us. My brain crawled out of my head at one point, tapped me on the shoulder and said "seriously dude, you are seeing this right? we arent just having a stroke or a Peyote trip right?

Maya: "wait, what?" "how did that just explode?" "Screw you physics"
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Dix
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Dix » 24 Jan 2014, 13:57

At this point, nothing in the RE universe makes much sense.
Desert Bus 1,2,3,4,5,6,and 9 Chat mod
Desert Bus 007 and 8 Onsite Chat Mod
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 24 Jan 2014, 13:59

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
CaptainSpam
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby CaptainSpam » 24 Jan 2014, 16:14

I dunno. Assuming the idea was "biologically engineer super-soldiers", making a 200-foot-or-so monstrosity that can store biomass in some manner of pocket dimension inside itself, adapt its physiology to new threats quickly, alter its size almost freely, and take several small armories' worth of bullets, and even then only go down by a truly absurd and hard-to-replicate series of lucky shots and contrivances, I'd say it's mission accomplished, so crank up production. After seeing how long it took two people to kill just one of them (even with the occasional help of a third with a helicopter), ten or twelve of 'em released at once should easily be able to defeat just about anything, right?
Conoros
First Video: How to speak like a pirate

Postby Conoros » 24 Jan 2014, 19:59

CaptainSpam wrote:I dunno. Assuming the idea was "biologically engineer super-soldiers", making a 200-foot-or-so monstrosity that can store biomass in some manner of pocket dimension inside itself, adapt its physiology to new threats quickly, alter its size almost freely, and take several small armories' worth of bullets, and even then only go down by a truly absurd and hard-to-replicate series of lucky shots and contrivances, I'd say it's mission accomplished, so crank up production. After seeing how long it took two people to kill just one of them (even with the occasional help of a third with a helicopter), ten or twelve of 'em released at once should easily be able to defeat just about anything, right?

Dont forget the cameo appearance by the jeep driver :D
Benjamin Franklin gets a portion of the credit too

And the unseen hero train driver who stayed the course and ran him over at the end of the train sequence
Conor / Magellus
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 24 Jan 2014, 20:07

My pseudonym is Ix wrote:Maya: your Sunkern voice is surprisingly accurate, albeit a little low-pitched

(Skip to about 5 minutes)
Maya is Malevolent Sunkern after it's acquired a gun. :D
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 25 Jan 2014, 08:17

Loved being able to catch the end of this in the morning and loved Maya being there.

Maya, once your and Graham's show starts, promise me you'll co-op EDF with him? I bet that would be so much fun!
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Boofinka
First Video: Paper Boy

Postby Boofinka » 25 Jan 2014, 11:44

RedNightmare wrote:Maya, once your and Graham's show starts, promise me you'll co-op EDF with him? I bet that would be so much fun!

Yes for everything EDF.

**EDIT**
Also, SHAMELESS PLUG!
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 28 Jan 2014, 08:46

Part of me wants to see Graham play RE4 after this just to see a good RE game, but that might be a little too much Leon.
Phailhammer

Postby Phailhammer » 30 Jan 2014, 17:29

I mentioned the name of the Chinese city in RE6/MFG, Lianshang, on Skypw last night with my girlfriend. She told me it can be translated as "Rotten Hometown." :lol:
FictionPress stories:
Woland

Postby Woland » 31 Jan 2014, 05:45

Is it just me, or is the Replay from Jan 30 busted with bad audio synching?
Omega696
First Video: Checpoint

Postby Omega696 » 31 Jan 2014, 05:54

No that could be the way it streamed, it was iffy at points last night.
I tap my Mana and Summon the all powerful Slifer the Sky Dragon!

... What do you mean I can't... Oh right MTG...

Fine, in that case, I tap my Mana... Royal Flush!

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”