IDDQDerp nextplay poll ROUND 6

Discuss your favourite LRR streams!
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Re: IDDQDerp nextplay poll ROUND 6

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 25 May 2014, 11:45

Dark Messiah?

Why?

It has the greatest weapon in any game. It's rope tied onto an arrow which you shoot with a bow. It's a medieval "Portal Gun". You shoot the special arrow onto a bit of wood and you climb up.

It's a FP Action RPG thing on the Source Engine.
ch3m1kal
First Video: Unskippable

Postby ch3m1kal » 25 May 2014, 16:38

Rope arrows are in thief too, ever since the first one.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 26 May 2014, 05:10

Bah.
MowDownJoe
First Video: Joystique

Postby MowDownJoe » 26 May 2014, 05:19

Boofinka wrote:
MowDownJoe wrote:Submitting Transistor for the next round. Mostly out of hype.

I think Alex said he isn't really into Transistor.
But it's a really good game, y'all.

Yeah, but with James playing it, it seems redundant.
Victim of a Platinum Angel/Phage combo in Momir. Thanks, LRR!
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 26 May 2014, 06:11

Transistor is fun if you enjoy planning how to kill something.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 26 May 2014, 11:34

Can I stick my hand up and say I'm not sold on Transistor either? I could never stick it through Bastion, despite the undoubtedly fantastic visual style and voice acting, and the combat in Transistor just seems badly paced thanks to the whole 'stop for a minute to plan the next 5 seconds' mechanic. Not my kinda game
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
ch3m1kal

Postby ch3m1kal » 26 May 2014, 13:43

I agree with Transistor. I think it's way overrated. Sure the art style and music are great, but the game itself is kind of meh, though I heard the ending is good.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 26 May 2014, 13:45

You aren't expected to use the stop-combat mechanic.
But I did feel like it was easier to since it has inherent FPS issues (which you have to resolve). And as you progress it does feel like the game was designed around the feature.
I have only been recommending the game (myself) to people who enjoyed Bastion because I can see why Transistor isn't everyone's cup of cliché beverage.

A trouble it may have is due to the nature of the narrative, there isn't really a hook at the start. The only hook is if you're curious or not about what's happening. I guess it makes sense because the characters don't know what's going on. But it's not exciting. The narrative gets much better though.
Asthanius
First Video: The Job

Postby Asthanius » 31 May 2014, 16:46

Okay, so get this: Jesus Christ RPG Trilogy

It's an RPG trilogy with a story based on the bible and gameplay based on Final Fantasy. As far as I can tell, you play as Jesus, Mary, and his disciples as they fight their way to Bethlehem, killing thieves and buying battle saws. Literally, there's a weapon called a battle saw.

Also the games are free.

ritchards
First Video: The Job (first video on The Escapist)

Postby ritchards » 31 May 2014, 16:54

That's what you Watch and Pray on Kathleen!
RebelliousUno
First Video: don't recall came after unskippable

Postby RebelliousUno » 03 Jun 2014, 14:10

Surgeon Simulator would be a great short blast.
I've got a copy on steam going wanting as well for you if you wnat/need
Firbozz
First Video: Don't remember... 2-3 years ago

Postby Firbozz » 15 Jun 2014, 18:39

Popping by the thread to suggest Atom Zombie Smasher, which I recently rediscovered in my Steam library. I'd be a good palate cleanser game, suitable for a single stream (though could be played for more).
lugthor
First Video: the job

Postby lugthor » 06 Jul 2014, 14:58

Just another idea to drop into the hat. Ether One. Based on what Alex has said about his love of exploration games on his stream, I think it would be a great fit. also it was just on an episode of James Recommends from the Extra Credits guys if you want to get a feel for what exactly Ether One is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foaILc9 ... dg&index=2
Steamcastle wrote:Well I think that we have more mad scientist and evil genius in the runners, also we have Tall Paul and also we have this cake.
GDwarf

Postby GDwarf » 06 Jul 2014, 18:04

Assuming I've understood how this thread works, I've gotta vote for Zeno Clash. ACE Team games aren't always mechanically great, but they are visual masterpieces, and Zeno Clash is just this wonderful blend of delightfully weird imagery.
May those who accept their fate find happiness; Those who defy it, glory!
CapnHat87
First Video: Feed Dump

Postby CapnHat87 » 08 Jul 2014, 05:42

I assume it's been mentioned, but if not... Alex playing Sir, You Are Being Hunted would be just... just the best.
MistahFixIt
First Video: Rapidfire: Episode 1

Postby MistahFixIt » 19 Jul 2014, 08:01

I'm gonna go Spawnsire of Ulamog and pull a suggestion from out of play... let's go old-school; back to the mid-90's and the era of Full Motion Video!

Specifically, THIS.

I will pay you the six bucks to play this, Alex. It is so stupidly earnest it's amazing, and yet despite that, I was compelled to keep playing it. Now that GOG has a disc-free version, you can actually stream it without stopping every 60 seconds to wait for the DVD drive to spool up.
Boofinka
First Video: Paper Boy

Postby Boofinka » 21 Jul 2014, 16:00

ASURA'S WRATH
LadyRhian
First Video: "The Job

Postby LadyRhian » 15 Aug 2014, 08:28

MistahFixIt wrote:I'm gonna go Spawnsire of Ulamog and pull a suggestion from out of play... let's go old-school; back to the mid-90's and the era of Full Motion Video!

Specifically, THIS.

I will pay you the six bucks to play this, Alex. It is so stupidly earnest it's amazing, and yet despite that, I was compelled to keep playing it. Now that GOG has a disc-free version, you can actually stream it without stopping every 60 seconds to wait for the DVD drive to spool up.

How about the Gabriel Knight Games? "Sins of the Fathers" has a ton of voice talent, including Tim Curry, Mark Hamill, Michael Dorn, Leah Rimini and Efrem Zimbalist, Jr.

"The Beast Within" was FMV-filled and took place in Germany, with some super Spoopy Werewolf effects. (The First one, about Voodoo, has some Spoopy Stuff, too.)

"Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned" has vampires. None of these are shooter games, and not really horror, but are adventure games with horror elements and a horror story.
Ukulele
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Ukulele » 27 Oct 2014, 13:29

After seeing you enjoy Five Nights at Freddy's, I'd really like to see you play Gods Will Be Watching. The both overlap in the genre of tense resource management but GWBW takes it further. Less jump scary and more just trying to unsettle and unnerve you by putting you in dire situations where tough choices have to be made.

The gameplay is basically just point and click resource management of a moderate to challenging difficulty. You are presented with a scenario in each of 7 chapters where the lives of people are put in your hands. However, saving everyone isn't your goal. The only requirement to proceed is to ensure the main character survives.

The story takes place in the distant science fiction future of space ships and aliens. The plot revolves around a terrorist organization, a morally ambiguous human Space empire, and the Medusa virus, which paralyzes it's victims and shuts off their minds slowly.

The game is relatively short, comprising of 7 chapters which each take somewhere from 30-45 minutes or less. You could conceivably finish the game in one siting, like I did.

I hope I've sold you on checking Gods Will Be Watching out. It's a game I really enjoyed and I think you would too.
MegzHartie
First Video: Desert Bus for Hope 4 Live DriverCam

Postby MegzHartie » 23 May 2015, 07:25

You should check out Schrodinger's Cat and the Raiders of the Lost Quark. It's a pretty neat puzzle platformer were you combine critters called Quarks in order to traverse levels in anyways you wish. It also takes place in a world based on physics and particles with some pretty decent humor.
vargsarath
First Video: The Gay Chicken

Postby vargsarath » 12 Jan 2016, 20:43

How about some more killing floor 2? lotsa updates since your last stream of it.
TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 20 Jan 2016, 16:29

Due to the lack of any other viable thread... I think Alex would enjoy Scrap Mechanic ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/387990 ).

It's a bit like Besiege, but more of an open-world game where you build your own vehicles. I can see Alex having fun making something that's barely functional.
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”