GPLP next game thread

Discuss your favourite LRR streams!
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

GPLP next game thread

Postby Paul » 10 Mar 2014, 21:09

Suggestions for what Graham and Paul should play next?
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Re: GPLP next game thread

Postby Jamfalcon » 10 Mar 2014, 21:34

I've mentioned this a couple of times, but I'd love to see Alpha Protocol. It's pretty varied and has a lot to talk about, many flaws to make fun of but also a lot of good points. I believe my first play through took around 14 or 15 hours, and I did every optional mission, so it seems like a reasonable length.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 10 Mar 2014, 23:15

How about a game?

Joking aside, I'm not sure. I'd like to see just a one or two episode game. Honestly, I kind of dislike how everyones' games so far have lasted nearly a month, at least. But that's not really anyone's fault, given most games are 10+ hours now minimum. Maybe something like a small indie game to help cleanse the pallet? Like Maybe Sonic '06? Or, as a more serious suggestion, something like WARP or Costume Quest?

Alternatively, it might be cool to see an episodic adventure game. I'd recommend something other than Walking Dead, as that seems to be very common. I'd actually recommend some of Telltale's other works. The Sam And Max series is solid. Graham's love of Strong-Bad makes the five episodes of Telltale's Strong Bad seem like a good fit. And of course there's always Wallace and Gromit.
MisterGloomby
First Video: The Ballad of the Fanboy

Postby MisterGloomby » 11 Mar 2014, 01:05

Banner Saga. A great game that's not very long and has many interesting features, good and bad, to talk about.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 11 Mar 2014, 01:37

Kapol: So another game along the lines of Papo & Yo, that Alex got done in approximately a session and a half?
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

hadesleprechaun
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby hadesleprechaun » 11 Mar 2014, 02:24

Guacamelee!
It's a hilarious, gorgeous, metroidvania styled platformer that can be played co-op! Just excellent all around, and a nice change of pace from the hyper realism and seriousness of BEYOND.
Not much of a bad game at all though, so not sure if it's -entirely- appropriate for GPLP.
Trevor
First Video: suspiciously good movers

Postby Trevor » 11 Mar 2014, 05:21

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Great game. Lots to comment on. Perfect length for a stream.
jkefka
First Video: Does Desert Bus count? Feed dump if not

Postby jkefka » 11 Mar 2014, 05:56

Wonderful 101. It's Bayonetta meets Okami with a healthy dose of Pikmin, and while I think it's a great game it's one of those games that is spectacular to watch and has a lot to talk about. Also it justifies owning a WiiU.

EDIT: On that note it barely uses the touchscreen, but there are one or two brief (like one minute or less in what I've played so far) segments where it does that you might have trouble streaming. I don't know how much that's an issue
When the upkeep takes longer than the main phase, I know I've done my job well.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 11 Mar 2014, 09:45

Star Control 2
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
DissonantNight
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby DissonantNight » 11 Mar 2014, 10:14

My vote would go to either Bulletstorm or Guacamelee
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 11 Mar 2014, 12:37

AdmiralMemo wrote:Kapol: So another game along the lines of Papo & Yo, that Alex got done in approximately a session and a half?

Yea, kind of like that. Though I'm thinking something more like 'Prayer Warriors' could work too. A relatively bad, short indie game that they can use as filler and make fun of. Not anything nearly on the level of Prayer Warriors mind you. Just along those lines.

DissonantNight wrote:My vote would go to either Bulletstorm or Guacamelee

I believe Alex intends to do Bulletstorm eventually. That doesn't mean they couldn't do it too, just throwing that out there.

Also, while this might be better for a 'Let's Nope' even though it isn't that scary, Dead Space 2 might be a good game to play too. It's fairly short too. I think it was at least. You can skip Dead Space 1 without any issues, since not a ton happened in it.
Eric the Orange
First Video: The Job

Postby Eric the Orange » 11 Mar 2014, 14:58

I love watching first time play throughs of "The Stanley parable". And it's not too long with a high ratio of funny entertaining stuff to keep the audience entertained. So I suggest that.
Ranakel
First Video: Unskippable - Dirge of Cerberus

Postby Ranakel » 11 Mar 2014, 15:30

I get the feel that after the Dark and Colon: Two dots, something... Let's say, with a proeminent japanese, anime influence could be pretty fun. They tend to have pretty good results on Unskippable after all.

But, as was mentionned I believe on stream, the most obvious contenders: the Atelier games, are probably a bit long for the format to say the least. Same with anything like a Tales of game, or whatever. And don't get me started on Eternal Sonata or Resonnance of Fate. (At this point, I must precise that I find some of these games really good, but the format man, the format.)

Something that comes to mind are the games translated/edited by Carpe Fulgur: Chantelise -which I haven't played, so can't say much about it-, Recettear -which is an item shop sim with a dungeon crawler thrown in there- and Fortune Summoners -which is a pretty hard sidescroller action RPG- All the joys of the dialogues, without the turn-by-turn combat.
mariomario42
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby mariomario42 » 11 Mar 2014, 16:59

Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two

Says it has multiplayer so both of you can play and you have it from Unskippable.
ElFuzzy
First Video: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Postby ElFuzzy » 11 Mar 2014, 17:08

Co-op Roulette Octodad! It's a rather short game so you might be able to knock it out with only one stream. I loved watching the co-op in Beyond so I'd like to see what happens when one of you has both legs and an arm whilst the other has the 2nd arm and can do nothing but point and lead. :D
Sakurazaki
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby Sakurazaki » 11 Mar 2014, 17:12

I'll second Metal Gear Rising: Revengence and Guacamelee. Both are short, fun, and have some unique elements. Revengence's over-the-top gameplay/story and Guacamelee's co-op (and art direction) should make for an interesting stream. Ripping into bad games is fun, but B:TS was getting really frustrating to watch by the end.

Revengence is only about 3-5 hours long, so it's 2 weeks max even if you play the DLC (about 30-40min each).

I'd also recommend Katamari Forever. I'm not sure if either of you have played the series before, but the quirky charm could make for a cool stream. Like the two I mentioned above, it's less than 7 hours. Three weeks tops.

It's a bit longer, but 3D Dot Game Heroes could also be cool depending on how much you two like retro top-down Zelda games.
Trevor
First Video: suspiciously good movers

Postby Trevor » 11 Mar 2014, 19:03

Dynasty Warriors might be fun to watch too. KOEI's co-op is always a great experience.
ElFuzzy
First Video: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Postby ElFuzzy » 11 Mar 2014, 19:23

Trevor wrote:Dynasty Warriors might be fun to watch too. KOEI's co-op is always a great experience.

I had thought about that as a joke, but I forgot that it has super fun co op. Major issue is when do you stop and would slaughtering thousands of helpless soldiers keep us entertained? It might be more Graham and Paul's commentary that carries it.
Sakurazaki
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby Sakurazaki » 11 Mar 2014, 19:29

As much as I like that style of game, there really isn't enough in a Dynasty Warriors game to really carry a stream. Once you get past the dialog (extra ham) and the hair metal soundtrack, there really isn't much to joke about...
ritchards
First Video: The Job (first video on The Escapist)

Postby ritchards » 11 Mar 2014, 21:21

I think a one/two session breather would be nice before the next longer game. I liked Limbo, that'd be something different... not sure there's much to comment on though.

I would like to suggest Tomb Raider (2014) (still waiting for the Unskippable on that), however the need to explore might slow the gameplay down. (You can speed run it in basically two sessions, but where's the fun in that?)

Darksiders might be interessting (Graham has talked about that).
Dindril
First Video: It was so long ago, I don't remember

Postby Dindril » 11 Mar 2014, 23:52

Revengence sounds like a good choice, but I would also be interested in seeing more games with some co-op.
Playing a good short game as a palate cleanser might also be a decent idea, along with it giving some more time to decide on the next major game to play through week after week.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 12 Mar 2014, 02:05

They could always just do another 'palate cleanser' episode of Peggle 2...that worked out pretty darned good. :D
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 12 Mar 2014, 02:07

CREEPER WORLD! :D

PoisonNightHawk
First Video: Bad News

Postby PoisonNightHawk » 12 Mar 2014, 02:17

Fable Journeys or whatever the Kinect one is called, the new Thief and Lost Planet 3 seem about right for it.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 12 Mar 2014, 02:23

Alex is doing the new Thief on IDDQDerp.

Return to “LoadingReadyRun Streams”